It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 am

Free Newsletter

Sizing Down.. One kilo at a time!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sizing Down.. One kilo at a time!

Postby Sizing Down » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 am

Hello and welcome to my weight loss journey.

My name is Melissa, i am 23 and I live in North Queensland. I will not bore you of the details as to why I am so overweight, the cold hard truth is because I eat too much and I don't exercise. When I graduated from year 12 in 2007, I walked out of those gates weighting 117.0kg. I knew that I had to do something about my weight, I was miserable, I was anti social and I felt 'blah' about my body. I set out on a journey and lost 32kgs! I kept the weight off for about 12 months, then I met a man (my ex boyfriend). Him and I were together for 2.5 years, during this time I had put on nearly all the weight I had lost.

He broke up with me 3 months ago, it gave me a very rude awakening. I looked in the mirror one day and could not recognise who the chubby girl looking back at me was. I was mortified. I want to be healthy, I want to be fit and I want to feel good in my own skin.

I will cut down on my portion sizes, make better good choices and I will get my butt moving :D

Start weight: 113.0 kg
Goal weight: 75.0 kg

This journey is going to be life long, once I lose my intended excess weight, I plan to be happy and healthy for the rest of my life
Sizing Down

Re: Sizing Down.. One kilo at a time!

Postby admin » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 am

You sound like you have a sensible attitude worked out.
As you know it is hard but has to be done. You should aim for a 500g-1kg loss per week on avg, some weeks will be good and some you will plateau but look at the long term target not short term. When we look short term we get all tied up in numbers etc and then we lose sight. Your clothes fit should be a great indication down the track, you will feel a million bucks and want to buy new clothes....that makes us feel great.
One foot in front of the other!
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby fortyfour » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:13 pm

I've just had the same sort of rude awakening as you have. Its good how a bad event can give us a kick start. I find getting it off to be the fairly easy part, once i'm in the right frame of mind. Keeping it off long term is the hard part. Good luck with your journey.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Time to take back ownership of your life and begin a better future! :D

Because you have lost weight in the past you know the nuts and bolts of how already. Now you need to go further and figure how to turn this knowledge into a successful healthy lifestyle that works for you so that you will keep it off forever. Sounds like you have started already...good on you!

Wishing you all success in this exciting voyage of discovery! :D

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sizing Down » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 am

Thank you for your replies of encouragement!

Weigh in was this morning:

Start weight: 113.6kg
Current weight: 112.1kg

I am very happy with the results for the first week! I am really enjoying walking each afternoon and overall my body is starting to feel so much more healthier. I know it is only early days but I am feeling great :D
Sizing Down

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:33 pm

That's a good start. Use these beginning weeks to really nail down a good working routine that will see you through. 8)

Wishing you a better future
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Personal Progress