It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:47 pm

Free Newsletter

DOLLY

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

DOLLY

Postby Dolly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:16 pm

There'll be no set Diets for me to follow this time, I'm just cutting down my intake and using
the delicious recipes from our very own site
http://www.weightloss.com.au/recipes-index.html

I have a thyroid gland problem which leaves me with little to no metabolism but I'll pretend it doesn't exist
so I can't blame anything if I slip up.

START - 107.0
Dolly

Re: DOLLY

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:16 pm

No set diet...YES!...that's the way. Find that healthy life style that works for you. Good work! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Cheers Kim, your encouragement is most welcome.

Well I just had my second night of dinners from one of the weightloss recipes,
mmm. . . lip smacking Image
Dolly

Postby admin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:58 am

Welcome back Dolly. Dolly was our very first forum visitor in 2005 and one of our favourites.
Thanks for coming back and look forward to your posts.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Ha ha ha thanks Sharrelle, its good to be back.
The place has grown with thanks to great caring people like you and Kim.
Strange that I always start off with the same weight and the lowest I manage to get to is 89kg
then I leave and the weight creeps up.
I've got to stick this out this time (is there an ecco in here?)
Dolly

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Hey Dolly

Good Luck, and great attitude. Looking forward to watching your progress reports. :)
Stay strong.
x
wobbles
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Not this time!...time to break the cycle and see it all the way through! Let's make your end goal that you have to replace your entire wardrobe because all your old clothes are way to big for you ok? 8) :D

When I said veteran...I was nearly right...THE veteran! Welcome back number one! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks Wobbles and Kim you are right, I must break the old cycle and the idea of that new wardrobe is something for me to look forward to.
One of my sisters lives in Tambellup and invited me to stay for a couple of days, it was really nice to get away to the country
but her delicious homemade cauliflower soup had cream in it and her incredible homemade sticky date pudding served with cream and ice-cream was not helping to drop any kilo's I had to practically starve to make headway but it was worth it.

I have a cracked knee cartledge and I can barely walk, but it won't heal with all this heavy weight on it so I must be very selective about how many calories I down.

WEEK 1 - 105.4
Dolly

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Dolly wrote:Thanks Wobbles and Kim you are right, I must break the old cycle and the idea of that new wardrobe is something for me to look forward to.
One of my sisters lives in Tambellup and invited me to stay for a couple of days, it was really nice to get away to the country
but her delicious homemade cauliflower soup had cream in it and her incredible homemade sticky date pudding served with cream and ice-cream was not helping to drop any kilo's I had to practically starve to make headway but it was worth it.

I have a cracked knee cartledge and I can barely walk, but it won't heal with all this heavy weight on it so I must be very selective about how many calories I down.

WEEK 1 - 105.4

Hi Dolly

Just wanted to say ... A NEW WARDROBE.. FULL OF BEAUTIFUL CLOTHES.. NO TEARS.. NO DRAMAS.. NO SQUEEZING INTO SOMETHING. You can do it. xxx

Little Steps
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Eating out is always full of dangers! I hate not having control over what is served. You just have to figure what does the least damage, keep the portions as small as you can (without offending the host) and pray to God that you can manage to exercise the damage away! :shock: :lol: I emphasise with your struggle...you did well under the conditions.

Take care of your knee. My first rule of weight loss is "do no harm". Try to do exercise that doesn't use the knee. I recommend getting into the pool - that will cushion your knee. I use to do breast stroke laps without moving the legs...try it - at first your arms will ache but it's great for your overall fitness. Look after yourself! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks Kim, the knee is killing me from all the extra running around I had to do (imagine all that heavy weight on my poor cracked knee cartledge) but once everyone has left for their European holiday on Saturday I will finally be able to give my poor leg some healing time.
It's been three parties this week, which was easy to not eat from but my hypothyroidism is playing up so I decided to go back on the T Ferguson diet (after 3 days the hunger pains fade and the weight moves fast making it very easy to stick to) I love and only use the chocolate shake they supply.

Must drink at least 2 litres of water for it all to work
I have 2 cups of coffee
and the chocolate shakes water also comes out of the above 2 litres.

Breakfast
1 T Ferguson chocolate protein/vitamin/mineral shake
2 teaspoons of TF Fibre
Morning Tea
1 Low GI Fruit - Apple
1 TF multivitamin/mineral complex tablet
Lunch
1 T Ferguson chocolate protein/vitamin/mineral shake
1 large salad or cooked veggies (no carrot or avocado)
Afternoon Tea
1 Low GI Fruit - Orange (or 1 cup of cherries so its high melatonin count will get me to sleep at night)
1 TF chromium plus tablet
Dinner
120g (220g for males) of lamb, chicken, beef, fish, eggs or seafood
1 large salad or cooked veggies (I cheat with a watery splash of gravy on the veggies)

WEEK 2 - 104.1
Dolly

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:53 pm

Sounds all so dreadful! :shock: My body would be crying out "Give me some real food!" :lol: Thank goodness it includes some fruit or this would be dire. :lol:

Your dinner sounds alright though. Nothing wrong with a bit of gravy...its just "A LOT" of gravy that you have to avoid. Remember the secret to successful portion control is: all things in moderation.

Wishing you success
Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 am

I had to cut out one of my daily pieces of fruit as my RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate)
was not burning any calories, luckily this worked for me.
It doesn’t seem right that as we get older, take medication, are female or wear an injury
that leaves us unable to move much we often have to cut our calories down to a minimum.

On the bright side now when I take my protein/vitamin shake, I no longer feel like I’m just
downing a glass of water, I actually feel well nourished and full.
I actually view my drink as a meal.

WEEK 3 - 103.3
Dolly

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:27 pm

Who said life was fair? I use to say all the time that it wasn't right that airline seats were so tiny and their safety belts too small (I use to "flip the flap" and squeeze the belt on under - anything to avoid asking for a belt extention!) nor was it right that people, especially kids would rudely ask why I was fat. Fixed chairs in fast food outlets (considering they helped get me to this state of being you would think they would be more considerate!). Fixed bench and tables at parks. Small parking bays, where you have to squeeze in and out of your car door (and occasionally having to go in via the passenger side because some jerk next to your car couldn't manage to park his car straight). It wasn't right that I had to shop for clothes at a BIG men's shop which cost more and the range was smaller. Life is full of unfair...but it is what it is.

Once I got a speeding fine. I was visiting a friend and I was going on and on about it. Finally he said "Look Kim, I wish there was something I can do about it...but I can't." Boy! that put me in my place! :shock: :lol:

We are all getting older and our bodies ain't what they use to be. We just have to change what we can and learn to cope with the rest as best as we can. We can complain about stuff...but in the end we just have to deal with it! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:23 pm

WEEK 4 - 102.4
Dolly

Next

Return to Personal Progress