It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:15 am

Free Newsletter

DOLLY

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: DOLLY

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:41 pm

A good solid result - well done! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Wobbles34 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:49 am

Hey Dolly

It seems we are at similar weight/paths... :D :D :D :D :D

If you are like me... I just keep thinking how wondeful I will feel this new years eve... when the one resolution I WON'T BE MAKING.. is to lose weight. How many years have I been saying that.. .and then spending the rest of the year 'dieting'... THINK HOW FABULOUS you will feel on xmas morning... or at all the xmas parties... IN THE PICTURES...

come on girl.. lets stick together.. WE CAN DO IT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Dolly » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:11 am

You are so right Wobbles, I've had a set back but I have to stay focused on the job at hand.
I got sick of shakes so went on WW for a week to have some real food which includes cake so long as it uses up my alloted daily points, but because of my thyroid gland problem it made me gain weight so its back onto the TF shakes again for me. :shock:
WEEK 5 - 103.5
Dolly

Postby Wobbles34 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:34 am

Dolly wrote:You are so right Wobbles, I've had a set back but I have to stay focused on the job at hand.
I got sick of shakes so went on WW for a week to have some real food which includes cake so long as it uses up my alloted daily points, but because of my thyroid gland problem it made me gain weight so its back onto the TF shakes again for me. :shock:
WEEK 5 - 103.5

Hey Hun...
My mother has an under active thyroid.. (she didn't know what it was for 20years... had doctors telling her to just stop eating... when she was on every diet under the sun)... but luckily they found out. As it is hereditary, my sister (who is tiny) has now got it... and so I'm petrified I may get it... so I have to lose this weight to at least get as close to target incase it ever happened, or it would just be so hard. So I sympathise with you hun.. my mom always said its like fighting against the tide.
I'm doing low calorie... but did the shakes once. Good luck hun....
Lets do it. xxx
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:04 pm

Been missing for a couple of years (no not because I lost so much weight that I vanished)
but because both of my parents have passed away and was/am having problems living life without them.
I do remember that they always wanted my sisters and I to be slim again like I used to be when I was a fashion model so many years ago, so seeing I can't seem to do this for me (like I'm supposed to) perhaps I can do this for them.
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU MUM AND DAD.

Continuing with the diet and changing to the nice healthy slow EASY SLIM DIET this morning.
WEEK 6 - 100.8
I must hang in there Image
Dolly

Postby admin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:51 pm

Welcome Back Dolly.
I look forward to your wisdom...others need it and want some help in their journeys. Blitz is doing a fabulous job so I hope you can both give different points of view.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:35 am

Thanks Sharrelle I will try to help, its really good to be back. I remember Blitz giving me some great support the last time I was here, I'm glad he's still around.
Dolly

Postby admin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:35 am

Yes he tends to give people a kick in the pants when needed.... :lol:
Have a great weekend - the weather in Melbourne is finally turning to a little spring!
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:29 am

Dolly wrote:Been missing for a couple of years (no not because I lost so much weight that I vanished)
but because both of my parents have passed away and was/am having problems living life without them.
I do remember that they always wanted my sisters and I to be slim again like I used to be when I was a fashion model so many years ago, so seeing I can't seem to do this for me (like I'm supposed to) perhaps I can do this for them.
THIS ONE'S FOR YOU MUM AND DAD.

Continuing with the diet and changing to the nice healthy slow EASY SLIM DIET this morning.
WEEK 6 - 100.8
I must hang in there Image

Hey welcome back Dolly!
Glad to hear that you are still slugging away at it! 8)

Your post particularly struck a cord with me.
I've been missing at this Forum for a little while now because I've been dealing with my mother.
A few weeks ago she broke her hip and hasn't been doing too well (even before then she was going quickly downhill).
Last week she died and I buried her this Thursday.

There is nothing like the mortality of our parents to remind us not to waste the time allotted us.
One of the main motivations I used in my weight loss journey was convincing myself that death
was around the corner if I didn't change my lifestyle! :shock:
In the evenings when I ran or walked and started to slow down my pace I would imagine death chasing me with his sickle...that always focussed the mind and made me pick up the speed! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your better future unfold! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:23 am

Oh Kim, I'm so terribly sorry to hear of you nursing your mum through her failing health, then her broken hip and then her passing ((big hugs)) you have been through so much and you are right, life is definitely a lot shorter than most people think and so many of us really should start living it (seeing a psychic finally brought a smile back to my face with the accurate funny things only mum & dad could say, our loved ones are definitely alive in the spirit world and watching over us when we call for them)

I'm afraid to say 'will power' was weak during the royal show season (eating 1 hot dog, one ice-cream and buying 1 snickers show bag which I shared with my husband) it was more than enough to set me back.
If there is a next year, there will be no show bags, it didn't hold much thrill for me anyway.
I will work harder this coming week.
Ooops I think I see someone chasing me with his sickle.

WEEK 7 - 100.6
Dolly

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:39 am

Death was a release for Mum. She was more than ready to go by the end.
She was a Christian and had a firm faith in a heavenly hope.
My atheist sister was with her in her last moments even acknowledged that.
Apparently Mum who was out of it for some time suddenly opened her eyes wide with joy and wonder looking over and above my sister's shoulder; she then took two deep breathes and then breathed no more.

I've been through the dementia route with my Dad so my journey with Mum was more expected.
I savoured the good times I had with her and grieved bit by bit when those parts of her disappeared and died away.
Towards the end there wasn't much left that I hadn't let go.
Also we shared a common faith that sustains us with it's heavenly promise.

I'm not a great fan of "psychics" since my professional occupation allows me to know too much about how they work.
There are two sorts of psychics out there. The first type is the naive sort...those who are fooling themselves as much as the people they read for.
The other sort are more mercenary. They refer to the first sort as "shut eyes" (meaning they shut their minds to what they are actually doing).
The mercenaries are in it for the money (and power). You will be very surprised by how organised many of them are.
There are teaching classes, dvds, books teaching very real concrete methods and networking on sharing information on "clients' between themselves etc.
It is interesting...I can produce a rabbit from thin air and people say it's a neat trick.
But if I "read" a person's mind or predict the future - even though I've clearly expressed to them several times that it's a trick...people still bug me about how I was able to read their mind or see into the future - refusing to believe it's a trick.

I went to the Perth Royal Show too. I survived it in one piece via strategies that I've developed over the years.
I park the car a few streets away from the grounds and walk it. This year I found a quiet street with 3 hour parking - for free (so I didn't have to pay the $20 fee that nearby residents had the nerve to ask for).
I stayed longer and got away with it - no ticket. The walk there and back is guaranteed to burn a few calories.
We pack a lunch with us. This achieves two things.
Firstly; you know that you are getting something healthy and you don't have to buy something that is an over priced grease trap.
Secondly; by hefting a backpack (pack some water too)...you are guaranteed to burn a few calories.
I too buy a show bag. Usually it is the small liquorice bag. Something that will help "move me" down the track.
The trick here is to pace yourself. You don't have to scarf down the whole contents in one sitting.
I'm still working my way through the bag's contents. Also I've taken ownership of my decision to eat it.
This means that I'm doing more exercise to make up for the extra calories consumed and being moderate in my eating else where.
I also bought a small bag of roasted nuts. Again I did the same thing as with the show bag.
On the day we walked all over the grounds and I made sure that I got to carry all bags I could. Anything to keep the calorie burn up.
Also that night I put in some extra time on the exercise bike.
The result from all that was a small loss the next day.
Forget willpower...thinking up effective strategies is more effective.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:43 am

I’m also a Christian and am glad your mother had her strong faith to take with her,
and I’m also happy that your sister was with your mother at the end and even
witnessed your mother looking over her shoulder at the spirit of a loved one being there ready to help her cross over into heaven.
My father was listening to me chatting at his bedside 3 days before his passing, then he suddenly looked wide eyed at the empty chair next to me as if someone was there, a stroke had left him mute so I couldn’t ask him who was there.
My mother also said 2 days before her passing when one of my sisters and I were by her bedside (and at that stage we didn’t even know mum was going to die) she reached forward and called out my fathers name and said he’s standing at the foot of my bed smiling at me. then she said he disappeared. She wasn’t on any meds at the time.

The Christian psychic medium we used is a family member of my son-in-law and has never ever charged anyone, sometimes spirits come to Vicky with messages so she just has to pass the messages on, but likes to keep her gift secret as so many people are skeptics. She also says many psychic mediums are fakes and says if they charge you money then most times these people are just cold readers trying to get rich on peoples grief.

You gave me some incredible tips on handling the Royal Show, thank you so much Kim
Dolly

Postby Blitz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:42 am

Got my Mum's death certificate today.
Plan to collect her ashes from the cemetery tomorrow.
Hopefully it will go without a hitch...when I went to collect my Dad's ashes - he went missing and was found at another cemetery! :lol:

You gave me some incredible tips on handling the Royal Show, thank you

That is why the Forum is very useful. We all have experiences that can be helpful to others.
The trouble with being overweight and trying to lose weight is the isolation that many of us have.
We are ashamed that we've gotten ourselves to such a place and withdraw from others.
Unfortunately we often cut ourselves from real support and tools that could help us by doing so.

At least in this Forum you know that the people here are/were in the same boat and fully get with what you are dealing with.
The support comes from this common bond.

Kim
Blitz

Previous

Return to Personal Progress