It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

Wobbles34 Progress Report

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Wobbles34 Progress Report

Postby Wobbles34 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Well DAY TWO. (I know... you wouldn't expect a report only after a day) ... but, as small as it may be it a massive incentive to my frame of mind and outlook. I GOT THROUGH MY FIRST DAY.. no cheats... no giving up or making an excuse... and no wine in the evening when the kids went to bed... and instead of picking every time I went to the fridge, I got a bowl of fruit and that was perfect.

I couldn't sleep for ages, but when I did, it was a lovely sleep with lots of dreams (I'm use to waking up 30 times a night)... so I feel refreshed and awake. Then I got on the scale.. and it was down (nearly a full kg).... and I know it might be water, excess food in the bowel, or just my hair band... but its a nice moment to see the scale going DOWN.. and not up.

So... in a good frame of mind, I cleaned out the fridge and cupboard of all sugar, stodge and crap.. went to the shop and filled both with veg/fruit, and lean meats/fats etc. If anyone opened my fridge, I would be proud.

I'm also getting over the flu, which is making me feel a lot more keen to get up and exercise, so when I pick up the kids, I'm getting them on their bikes and scooters, and taking the dog for a long walk.

*********** ITS AMAZING HOW HARD IT IS GETTING THROUGH THE FIRST DAY... BUT ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT.... I FEEL UNSTOPPABLE***********
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ONE 110kgs!!!!!!!!!!!

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Re: Wobbles34 Progress Report

Postby Dolly » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Congratulations Wobbles, you are right about seeing the weight moving down being a great incentive, I'm looking forward to seeing your next weigh-in.
Dolly

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:35 pm

It's all about one day at a time. Each day making those small choices that add up to big benefits.

Going for a walk with the kids is a gret idea. If you build on that you'll find that these are the times that will be precious and close with your kids - as well as being healthy! :shock: :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Wobbles34 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY... 8 DAYS IN AND REACHED MY FIRST MINI GOAL.. 105kgs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Still can't see anything in the mirror.. maybe not as puffy.. but nothing major.

MUST KEEP GOING. Small changes add to big changes.

x
Wobbles
[/url]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wobbles-Weight-Loss-Journey/133824766817161?ref=hl

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm

At the risk of sounding like a children's entertainer (which is what I am)..."it's behind you!" Most people lose weight in the reverse order that they gained it. So the place where you first put on fat will be generally the last to go. The bigger we get means the body has to find more novel places to put the fat. So large people will find that weight first comes off from their backs, shoulders, chest, faces and butts. Many of these areas are out of sight and go unnoticed. There will come a day when all the losses come together and it will seem that you have lost a heap of weight overnight! Celebrate the day - but know that the seeds for that day were long in the making! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 am

Blitz wrote:At the risk of sounding like a children's entertainer (which is what I am)..."it's behind you!" Most people lose weight in the reverse order that they gained it. So the place where you first put on fat will be generally the last to go. The bigger we get means the body has to find more novel places to put the fat. So large people will find that weight first comes off from their backs, shoulders, chest, faces and butts. Many of these areas are out of sight and go unnoticed. There will come a day when all the losses come together and it will seem that you have lost a heap of weight overnight! Celebrate the day - but know that the seeds for that day were long in the making! 8)

Kim

hee hee... all places I would love to lose from. But on a serious note, it actually makes alot of sense. I keep reading.. it takes four weeks for me to notice, 8 for friends and 12 for everyone else... So I keep thinking... in three weeks.. I will hopefully see a bit... 'keep on pushing... keep on pushing'. xx
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Dolly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:23 am

Great going there Wobbles, I usually first lose weight in my face and boobs (the two places I'd rather it stayed)
It's really interesting what Kim said about losing weight in the reverse order we gained it, I can hardly wait for the waistline to make a showing.
Really looking forward to reading your next report :D
Dolly

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:40 pm

Dolly wrote:Great going there Wobbles, I usually first lose weight in my face and boobs (the two places I'd rather it stayed)
It's really interesting what Kim said about losing weight in the reverse order we gained it, I can hardly wait for the waistline to make a showing.
Really looking forward to reading your next report :D

Hi Dolly

I'm with you. I think its face and boobs for me too, and my boobs certainly don't need it.. they already look like snoopys ears. When I get to 75kgs...its a boob op for me. I've wanted one for years, so now I'm giving myself a good incentive.

I've just got back from joining the gym, and tomorrow I'm booked in to do a body combat class. EEEEEEKH... but I'm going with a friend, so hopefully that will be encouragment to keep going.

have a fab day.
x
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Wobbles34 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 am

I JOINED THE GYM

AND TODAY I'M GOING FOR MY FIRST FITNESS CLASS.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKHHHHH

BODYPUMP HERE I COME. :shock:
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby admin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:12 am

Good for you.....you are very motivated which is part of the battle.
Hope gym goes well, just dont over do it and cause an injury.....
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Wobbles34 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:08 am

admin wrote:Good for you.....you are very motivated which is part of the battle.
Hope gym goes well, just dont over do it and cause an injury.....
Sharrelle

Thanks Sharrelle... no injury here.. although my body is screaming this morning. I'm hobbling around very slowly. Gona give my body a rest till Monday now... but it was great fun, and I managed the whole class. Very chuffed with myself.

Today is kids football, and I'm sitting on the sidelines. xx :D
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:02 pm

8 Weeks for friends to notice?...It took 13 Weeks and 30 kilos off before any of my friends noticed anything! :shock: :roll:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Wobbles34 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:45 am

Well its been two weeks. I'm so motivated, so in the zone (LONG MAY THIS LAST PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.. as I have still a long journey ahead). I haven't felt deprived or 'on diet' at all... and I keep saying its lifestyle....

Gym is FANTASTIC.. the classes are brilliant.. and whats the best is my friend has joined with me, and she is doing the classes with me. Which makes it much more motivating (even though she is a skinny minny).. but we have a good laugh.

The scale is also being my friend (kiss kiss kiss).. but I 'must prepare myself for it not always moving this quickly.. and not get disheartened.

Week three... what will you bring. x
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Wobbles34 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:20 am

Well, woke up today and looked in the mirror and for the first time thought.. WOW... I CAN SEE IT... I CAN DEFINITELY SEE IT... and I can feel it too... pants are loose, top is baggy... and then I stood on the scale and for the first time I was a little bit up (only by 300g) but still up. So I was a little shocked... BUT

I WILL NOT GET DISHEARTENED.. as yesterday I did nearly an hour and a half of gym again and I know I'm building muscle... so I guess I was expecting this a little bit.

So... its Gym again this morning... HEAD DOWN AND CARRYING ON.....

Little steps add to big things.

xx
[/url]

week ELEVEN - 100.9kgs
Wobbles34

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:20 pm

If you are working that hard in the gym, you've got to expect a little muscle to come along! :D It is all for the good.

You'll find that your body will have periods where things aren't moving along. Don't despair...it's just your body playing catch up. Typically most people fall into a "good" week/"bad week" pattern. Those lesser loss weeks are just important for your weight loss...that is where your body is consolidating the loss and making muscle ready to give you a better result in the week to come.

These are your "salad days"; so make hay while the sun shines! :D At the sharp end of your journey you'll be jumping for joy with a 0.5kg loss...something that you would turn your nose up on today (because you would have worked harder for that result!). :shock:

Keeping working hard at it and success is yours! 8)
Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Personal Progress