It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 am

Free Newsletter

weight loss log 2.0

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

weight loss log 2.0

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi all,

Have posted here before in a thread titled "weight loss log" and had excellent results while I was actively posting in it... so here is version 2.0, and here's hoping for even better results!

Quick background - the first I can recall that I actively noted my weight as an adult I was around 70kg. I am now at my heaviest at 82.7kg... in the time in-between I've been up and down. Once I got to 63kg. I've had 2 weight loss journeys where I felt like I really had it figured out - the first one took me from about 72kg to the 63kg, the second time I went from about 82 to about 69 (weight loss log version 1 on this forum)... both times my lifestyle changed significantly and that's where it all went to pieces. I've had a handful of other, shorter-lived weight loss attempts where I had some success but never got to the stage where I was really motivated or focused.

So, Monday morning, AFTER some exercise and BEFORE breakfast I weighed in at 82.7kg, which is my worst ever. Pretty bad, but in another sense maybe it's good that it got that high, because it horrified me and now I am very committed to at least bringing it back down out of the 80s, and hopefully I will already be in the swing of things then and be able to continue from there.

I ate well on Monday and exercised again in the evening. Tuesday morning I was 81.8kg. Ate "OK" on Tuesday and went for a short jog, today I've been good on the food front so far and am about to go do some exercise. Will be more detailed in the future to keep me accountable but right now I'm about to be late for that exercise! Will weigh in again tomorrow. First 2-3kgs should come off relatively easily, - my last "steady weight" was 79-80, I've just been really bad with eating and doing NO exercise the last few weeks which got me to 82.7...

So, in summary,

start weight = 82.7kg on 24/6/13

first goal = get out of the 80s
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Re: weight loss log 2.0

Postby Blitz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Welcome back! :D

Well at least you have stopped the rot before it got to be a even bigger problem. :D

Figuring out how to make a healthy lifestyle that can work you can be tricky. Things change all the time and yet good routine habits are the key to successful lifestyle. To change with the times and yet not compromise on our lifestyles values takes constant vigilance.

Hopefully in this part of your journey this will come together for you. 8)
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Cheers Kim

81.6 this morning... was hoping for a little more, but eh, it's something...

So far so good today. Walked 3kms & jogged 3khms this morning, now about to go do some strength exercises

Ate some weetbix for breakfast, chicken/salad wrap for lunch, planning mushroom risotto for dinner... I know it's high calorie so will have to make sure I only have a small serve... and then that'll be it for today. Also had an apricot slice thing in the afternoon which wasn't very good ... but I was kind of peer pressured into it lol - someone in the office bought one for everyone for afternoon tea. I'm OK with occasional slip ups like these - they don't happen often. What I need to stop doing is actually seeking these things out for myself, because that can and does become a daily habit/addiction. I still felt in control today so no biggie.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby admin » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Good food day it sounds. Keep it up. On wards and upwards :wink:
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:02 am

Doing an excellent job there Sanov, keep up with fighting the peer pressure.
Dolly

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:58 pm

An experience hand here. Keep up the good work. 8)

The battle is in the head. Visualise what you want to achieve. Get that into your head so much that you fixate on success...that you want it so much that you can almost taste it (instead of food!)! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:31 am

81.1 this morning

quite chuffed with that, considering how I've eaten the last few days... I wasn't terrible but I had quite a few things I shouldn't have on the weekend.... also didn't do any exercise since Friday. Monday and Tuesday I ate "OK", not super healthy but I kept the portion sizes smallish. I'm back into it proper today - I walked 3km and jogged 3.5km on the treadmill this morning, felt good - could have kept going. I did the last half kilometre a bit faster. Then good ol' weetbix for breakfast. Now am feeling strong and motivated again. Think I just have to make myself start the day/week right, after that it's easier.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Good work today...this will pay off. I'm big on Weetbix too...a good breakfast to fuel the day's effort. :D

Try to develop the good habit of exercise. On those days when you don't feel like it - do something even if it is just a token. At this stage good habits are what you want to establish even if the effort isn't 100%. I have found that once I do manage to get off my bottom that I usually ended up doing more than I orginally planned on those slack days.

Remember - there are no days off in weight loss. Slack days and hard days but no holidays! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes, you are right. I usually enjoy exercise once I get started anyway, it's just the getting started part that can be troublesome!

I felt really good all day yesterday after that run in the morning. I went and did a 45min strength exercises class in the evening as well, that was hard! For lunch I had chicken & corn soup with a piece of rye bread, and dinner was grilled fish :D with too many chips :( ... also had 3 pieces of chocolate and 1 small pikelet with jam during the day... not great, but those two were moderate sizes at least, ... apart from the too many chips I think I did OK yesterday - plus I did more than 2 hours exercise in total.

Today I've been very good so far on the food front - an apple, orange and mandarin with peppermint tea for breakfast and a chicken/salad wrap for lunch. Missed my chance for exercise in the morning though, I'm working late... will definitely work out tomorrow morning though, and weigh in again
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 am

80.3 yesterday :D

Will be out of the 80s soon

Haven't been exercising much but food has been good
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:25 am

So close to the 70's!...come on down! 8)

Good work.
Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:55 am

Back at it this week after a bad month... got sick so didn't exercise and then eating was bad as well. This week worked out 5x and have eaten reasonably well. The scale hasn't budged since Monday though - 81.7 ... a bit frustrating, but I guess my body will catch up sooner or later
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:19 pm

If you are working out hard then it is building muscle so don't worry about it too much...the work will pay off down the track.

Great to see you accountable after a bad month - not only to us...but more importantly to yourself. Good work. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 am

81.5 this morning. Slooowwww progresss but at least it's going down at all.
Food wasn't great over the weekend but I exercised both days - short jog on Saturday and a walk and tennis on Sunday. I've started the week off well today - did a group class that was mostly strength exercises, then went for a walk, then ran on the treadmill! About 2 hours exercise in total. Now having tinned peaches for breakfast and feeling good. Will weigh again Wednesday.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Give it a few days. That exercise may be causing some muscle gain.

Work on your "weak" days. What is the dynamic that trips you up on the weekends? What are some ideas that you can use to reduce these food "blow outs"?

It will be interesting to see how you go on Wednesday. Best wishes on that! :D

Kim
Blitz

Next

Return to Personal Progress