It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

weight loss log 2.0

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: weight loss log 2.0

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:45 am

81.7!

Gahhhhh!!!

It's like I've plateaued before I've even started. Very frustrating. It's not even like I can point at a big slip up or a lot of smaller slip ups and say "oh well that would be why"... I've been pretty good the last couple of days.

Actually I just wrote that then listed everything I had the last couple of days below and I guess I haven't been so good afterall lol. I mean I don't think it's terrible but I guess it's not a diet that'll result in weight loss....

Ooookay, I'll do better today and tomorrow and Friday I'll weigh in and it WILL be better dammit.
This morning I've done about an hour and a half of mostly cardio exercise. Tomorrow I'll do the boxing class and Friday I'll do the general strength/cardio mix one before I weigh in (I always weigh before breakfast and after exercise). I've just had 2 weet bix and a coffee with 1 sugar for breakfast. Lunch and dinner will be good today and NO dessert or unhealthy snacks.

Monday I had:
Breakfast - Tinned peaches
Lunch - Sausage roll
Afternoon snack - cheddarmite roll
Dinner - Falafel with hommus and salad
Lots of water
2hrs exercise

Tuesday I had:
Breakfast - date scone and small cappuccino
Lunch - 4 slices of a thin crust gourmet pizza with spinach and pumpkin and some other vegetables and a wine
Dinner - panfried chicken breast and salad
Snack - small slice of cake
Not much water
No exercise (none planned on Tuesdays)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm

I have a few suggestions that may be of help. :D

Try losing the sugar in your coffee. A spoonful is still a lot of needless calories to burn

Try getting some protein somewhere into your breakfast.

Avoid sausage rolls and other pastry encrusted foods specially for lunch. It is loaded with fats. Plus sausage rolls also are rubbish meat made mostly from the fat off cuts. Keep your lunch light. Make your breakfast bigger.

No pizza for lunch. Much too fatty. Also far too many slices. I would maybe have two slices for DINNER!

Wine is just a transfusion of calories. Avoid at all costs - specially at lunch. If you are going to indulge...water it down!

When I was losing weight I never had dessert. It is a luxury you can't afford.

A healthy snack is a piece of fruit not a slice of cake. You've eaten your quota of cakes for now...eat the good fruits like apples instead.

Avoid pan fried anything...too much fat.

Avoid cheddarmite roll...even as a meal food let alone as a snack. Cheddars are loaded with calories. Try a lite hard cheese...but only a sliver...cheeses are not something that is weight loss friendly.

Scones are again loaded with fats. If it is baked...use sparingly. Have a decent breakfast instead to kick off your day.

Hope this is helpful.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Yup. You are right, thanks. I've just read over my log from a couple of years ago and seen what kind of foods and what quantities I was eating back then when I was having success. Much different. Eating only slightly better than I was won't cut it, even with regular exercise. I need to be much more disciplined with what I eat.

Actually that's why I'm posting again. I'm working from home today and there was still some cake leftover in the fridge. I kept telling myself no but I kept reeaaally wanting it. I really really almost caved and ate it but instead I thought about the reasons I want to lose weight and how "being skinny feels better than anything tastes"... there was an internal battle but eventually I threw the cake in the bin so it can't keep tempting me, yay! Hope bf won't want a peice later lol. Another 'mantra' that I've used before is "weight loss is just a series of good decisions". I'm really happy I made the right choice on this one, because it was a lot more difficult for me than, say, choosing to get up early today and do some exercise.

Also, I'm going to a dinner tonight with a lot of people where everyone is bringing something. This is a 'danger zone', - I've messed up in similar situations before - so I've had a think about it NOW and am going in with a strategy. I will drink only water or maybe low cakorie soft drink if I really want something different... but no alcohol, no pre or post dinner nibbles, and when dinner happens I will put everything that I am going to eat on my plate before I start eating it, and then once I've eaten that, no more.

Also have had some thoughts about why I should keep exercising even though I'm not getting results:

- mood is better
- "it needs to be done so just do it" attitude is carrying over to other parts of my life - I'm being more disciplined with studying and housework
- I am getting fitter if not lighter - have already noticed I'm not as out of breath doing the same cardio I was doing 2 weeks ago, and I'm doing 'planks' from my toes again instead of from my knees
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Good on you for taking it on board. :D It doesn't take very much to let our dietary choices to fall into an unhealthy slant especially when we are starting our new healthy lifestyle habits. You will also find that the extra exercise that you are doing is making you more keen for food. Your body is in the habit of getting "food on demand" rather than work off your reserves (fat).

Down time alone in the house with something nice in the fridge is always very hard. Throwing the cake sounds drastic but I can understand where you are coming from. It might be tough on you...but I suspect it is going to be tougher than your bf thought it was going to be! :lol:

While the best policy is not to have rubbish in the fridge, in the real world it isn't so easy. I signed up to lose the 87 kilos of weight but my family didn't...so why do they have to miss out on their treats? What I did was to develop an attitude towards these foods. My thinking was this: "This food isn't mine...my food are healthy food choices now...I've eaten more than my fair share of unhealthy foods - that is why I'm overweight...this food is their share...they are not overweight - that is why they can have it...I've eaten more than my fair share...this food is not mine to have." Once the habit sets in, you simply overlook their food in the search for your healthy foods. After a while you develop a "holier than thou" attitude. You will start making snide remarks about the rubbish that they are putting down their gullets! :shock: My how the times change! :lol:

Going out for dinner is all about forward planning. You are on the right track. Set your boundaries before you get to the battle. Bring along back up food and drink if in doubt about what is available. This is going to be hard - so work it the best you can. In my weight loss journey I failed a number of times before I nailed down a successful dinner out. Do your best and learn from the encounter. :D

Don't worry about exercise too much. Do what you can. Listen to your body...push it past comfort but don't break it. This period of time your body will be making muscle that will mask a lot of your weight loss. If your body parts are aching - then you know you are on the right track.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 pm

OK so here's what I've done the last two days:

Wednesday:
Breakfast - 2 weetbix, coffee with 1 sugar
Lunch - grilled chicken wrap with salad and sweet chilli
Snack - apple
Another snack - pear
Dinner - chicken soup, salad and a small peice of schnitzel
Medium amount of water
1.5hrs cardio exercise

Thursday:
Breakfast - up n go
Lunch - schnitzel and salad... Had a small amount of schnitzel initially but half and hour later still felt pretty hungry so had another peice
Snack - pineapple
Dinner - small serve of shakshuka on toast
Medium amount of water, still sipping now
Exercise - 45mins boxing class

Hope to see results tomorrow morning
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:05 am

80.5, woohoo!
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Doing great on the fruit front. :D

I still think that your breakfast is too light. Get an egg in there or a piece of lean bacon. Your lunches seem too heavy...probably because you are getting too hunger at that time because your breakfast hasn't filled you up. A good solid breakfast sets you up for the rest of the day. This is the meal that most overweight people get wrong. I use to skip breakfasts but by the time I hit morning tea - watch out...two crumbed sausages, a large Cherry Ripe, a large coke...and some Quick Eaze to settle the stomach! :shock: No wonder I was overweight! :lol:

Good result! You should be proud of the result - you are intelligently thinking about your lifestyle and making those healthy changes and choices. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Yeah, I think you're right about the breakfast/lunch quantities... I am usually too busy on weekdays to cook anything but I'll take that on board for the weekend and during the week perhaps I'll have an extra weetbix... weetbic? ... in the morning to keep me more satisfied until lunch, and I could remember to pack a piece of fruit for a mid-morning snack too.

On a completely unrelated note, have you seen the show Dynamo: Magician Impossible? And if so, in your opinion as a magician yourself... is a lot of it just CGI? Some of it just seems absurd
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:08 am

80.2 today!

Thank god I didn't give up on Wednesday. Feeling good now, motivated. Will be under 80 in a few days if I stay strong.

Friday:
Breakfast - 2 weetbix and coffee (1 sugar)
Lunch - 2 chicken terryiaki sushi rolls
Dinner - steak and salad
Good amount of water
Exercise - 45min strength/cardio class + 45min walk
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:25 pm

An extra Weetbix is a good idea. I've been slicing up a banana lately and putting it on it - highly recommended. Good energy boost for the morning - and tastes fab!

That's the thing with results. We often quit when we are so close to getting to our goals. I've taught a few people how to ticket write (lettering with a brush). Most people dive out about a week away from acquiring the skill. It's that steep part of the hill that gets to them...yet they've already done the lion's share of the work. When it gets hard - grit your teeth and tough it out...success isn't that far away! 8)

Nothing like getting past a round number to motivate you further...how close to being into the 70's! 8) Knock of those few grams and come on down! :lol:

About Dynamo. No CGI is used but careful camera editing has made it look more impossible than what those who were there saw. Note: not camera tricks - editing. Also many of the seemingly impromptu tricks that he does are very well planned and set up. When you are producing a tv show a lot of planning goes into to it. He also has access to some of the best creative minds in magic. One of the frustrating things is seeing a Cris Angel special. His style leaves me cold but his creative team is top draw. I wish that he would allow one of his creative team (Steven Shaw aka Banacek or Johnny Thompson for example) to perform...to me they are far better. Magic is the art of the astonishment. The great thing about seeing close up magic in real life is that you can't explain it away with CGI or camera tricks. Its right in front of your nose. How could it be?...yet there it is! Astonishment...gives as that childlike wonder of life that many of us forget as we get older.

Kim

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:19 am

Saturday:
Breakfast - 2 weetbix, 1 slice of toast with apricot jam, coffee with 1 sugar
Lunch - half a chicken/avocado focaccia
Snack - banana
Dinner - 2 tacos (extra lean mince and only a sprinkle of cheese)
Exercise - ran 3km

Sunday:
Breakfast - scrambled eggs on 2 peices of toast
Lunch - muesli bar
Dinner - chicken paella from nandos and a peice of corn. 2 chips from bf's plate but didn't get any of my own

Back up to 80.7 today but not too worried about it. Lunch was a bit light yesterday so dinner was a bit heavier than usual. Also I was really thirsty for some reason when I woke up this morning so I drank most of a bottle of water which I wouldn't normally do before weighing.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks for your support Kim - I'm having a banana with my weetbix right now!

That's interesting about Dynamo, even with the editing and preparing I still find a lot of the acts to be way past the point of "that's a really cool trick" and well into the "there's no f****** way that's real" territory. I never watched much of Chris Angel because I too found his persona offputting. The first episode I saw of that he said something like "today is my mom's birthday so I'm going to light myself on fire as a present".... Wtf?! that's the last thing a mother would want to see you git.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Banana a real good idea, right? :lol:

I don't mind if someone says, "cool trick" but personally I'm going for the "no way" jaw-dropping reaction! I guess that's what I have against some of these tv guys...it can be done without the "cheat". Derren Brown for example takes his audience by the throat with good honest presentations that really work. What he does on television - he can do on stage. 8)

Kim
ps Maybe Cris doesn't like his Mom? (Actually I know that not to be true...he dotes on her.)
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:31 am

80.4 this morning

That's okayyyy but I'm going to make sure it'll be better tomorrow. I messed up bad on Wednesday night and yesterday wasn't great either. Otherwise I'd been good. 80.4 is fair

Wednesday I went to Cavalia and we were running late so I figured a quick dinner from Nandos or something and I could pick something reasonably healthy, but unfortunately the place is really middle of nowhere - there was nothing else around. So I was starving and they only had food like you'd find at a cinema. I had a hotdog and some popcorn and chocolate :-/
Should've stopped at the hotdog. I guess I was thinking of dinner as either healthy or not healthy, and since healthy wasn't an option I just ate whatever... Should have kept in mind that its a spectrum, I could have minimized the damage.

Oh well, today is a new day and I'm still feeling motivated. Tomorrow will be better
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Fore planning is forearmed! When in doubt carry supplies. Before entering into a grease joint - always set your limits. These experiences are there to learn by. Key questions for you are: "What would I have done different? What can I do to avoid those same mistakes next time?"

It might seem like failure now but if you learn something of value - it will go a long way to help you get a healthy lifestyle and a better future. :D

Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress