It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:49 pm

Free Newsletter

weight loss log 2.0

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: weight loss log 2.0

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:22 am

79.9, yay!

When I started this thread I said the first 2-3kgs should come off easily because my start weight wasn't a "steady" weight. WRONG. It was hard. Losing weight is always hard. So note to self: don't go backwards and have to do it again!

Next goal 77.5

I have a little getaway planned starting the 12th of October, just under a month. So I will try to be under 77.5 by then
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 am

That's good. Weekend food was just "OK", but I'm OK with that- I'm not going to give up (for example) alcohol or barbecue food altogether... Just limit it to occasions like getting together with friends and then keep it in moderation, and that's what I did this weekend, so its OK.

If I can do a 'lose weight during the week & just don't go backwards on the weekend' routine that would be fine

But it's Monday now, so time to be 100% focused again.

Good start - 45min group strength training class then I ran 4km on the treadmill. Did it at 5.5mph and the last little bit at 6mph. Last time I used the treadmill I did 3km at 5mph and I didn't find today to be any harder really, so I'm definitely getting fitter :)
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm

It is a good strategy...the main thing is for you to own it and make it a part of your life. I was too mission orientated for a plan like that. For me standing still during the weekend meant two wasted days getting nowhere. :shock: :lol:

Not only are you more fit but you also increased the intensity by increasing you speed. Good work! :D 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:38 am

More food slip ups than I care to admit this week. Exercise has still been OK, but could have been better. Lucky I lost anything at all.

Can't let myself lose the healthy routine, too hard to get it back.

Started today well, will try to keep it going
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:46 pm

yeah...this is what I call "slippage". You don't want to do that. Going backwards just wastes too much time retaking ground that you've sweated off. Watch the slip ups...figure out when and why they occur and find ideas and strategies to combat them. Remember you worked too hard to let it slip through your fingers!

When the hard times come and look you in the face - spit it in the eye and - redouble your efforts! :shock: :lol: 8)

To your better future...onwards!

Kim
Blitz

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi Sanov22,

I remember you posting a couple of years back and I've only just gotten back on here myself. I hope everything goes well for you; you seem to be doing really well so far! Keep up the good work and congratulations on getting back into the 70s!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Sanov22 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:16 pm

I was hovering around 80-81 since those last posts

6 weeks ago I started back on Lite n Easy as a kick starter. Didn't follow it strictly, but still had some success. I started running again 3x a week and that's helped a lot too. This week I ran 4km twice and 9km this morning, starting to feel fit again.

My results so far:
Start - 80.5
1 week - 79.6
2 weeks - 79.2
3 weeks - 79.0
4 weeks - 78.9
5 weeks - 78.6
6 weeks - 78.2

Very slow progress... But as long as it's going down I guess I can't complain. This Thursday just gone I weighed in at 77.8, which is the lowest I've seen in ages.

I'm getting a bit sick of the LnE food so might use this thread to keep track of what I'm eating once this week's supply runs out.

No specific weight by date goals at the moment, just keep the numbers going down. I've entered a 15km fun run in 5 weeks time, aiming to run the whole way in that.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 am

At least you didn't let the whole thing go west!...and it sounds like getting back into the swing of it again.
Good work...now finish the job! 8) :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:35 am

77.6 last Saturday after a gruelling 10km run, but no change since then... still hanging around 78kg or just under.

Reallllly into the running again though which is great. I don't remember being this excited about running since I first took it up in 2010, and I've been running 3x a week consistently for the last 7 weeks now. Starting to see the results fitness wise - I did 11km this Saturday just gone and it felt great, plus on the 2 shorter runs during the week I'm getting faster. I'm on track for the 15km of Run for the Kids in 3 weeks, then after that I think I'll do a half marathon again in July.

So just need to work on the eating now to lose some more weight... what a shame exercise doesn't count for more :P ... I've been eating "OK" - reasonably healthy foods... just too much of them and not refusing sweets often enough. That keeps me from gaining weight, but I have to do more to lose it.

This week I'm aiming for 4 days of 3 healthy and moderate sized main meals, some fruit as a snack and nothing else... then Friday/Saturday/Sunday can be more relaxed/just don't gain weight.

I'll record what I eat here.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I know the feeling. By not watching those "extras" you end up doing a whole lot of exercise just to make up for them.

It's those little things that slip by you that end up getting you.
When I was at the pointy end of my weight loss, I ended up standing still until I just knuckled down on that extra food and then finally I got to goal weight.

Glad to hear that you are getting into running. This is all good. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 am

Cheers Kim.

Day 1 went well... should have had water or coke zero in place of the sprite... but otherwise I wouldn't change it.

Monday 24/3/14

Breakfast:
- 3 weetbix with half a banana
- cup of coffee with milk & 1 sugar

Lunch:
- chicken, lettuce and avocado sandwich
- cup of tea with milk, no sugar

Dinner:
- lamb/mint burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, beetroot. 2 thin slices of toast as a bun.
- small glass of sprite

Snack:
- pears/peaches fruit cup

Exercise:
- 6km run at 6:25/km pace
- 45mins group training - mix of strength/cardio

Said no to:
- a tim tam
- a slice of pizza
- a magnum ice cream
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 am

oh, and also said no to savoys with sweet chilli Philly cream cheese... that was hard :(
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Pretty good going there. Just lose the sugar in the coffee (do you really need it?) and the sprite (which you mentioned). Apart from that - it's a model menu you have there!

Love your idea of listing offered temptation foods...what a great novel idea! 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:46 am

Day 2 was good as well... Scale hasn't budged this morning from Monday's reading though, which is a little frustrating... But I guess it'll catch up sooner or later.

Tuesday 25/3/2014

Breakfast:
- Hungry Jacks bacon and omelette muffin
- small flat white, 1 sugar

Lunch:
- Ham and salad sandwich

Dinner:
- Lite n Easy frozen meal - chicken enchiladas

Snacks:
- nectarine
- some grapes

Said no to:
- eating ALL the grapes
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 am

Actually, the egg and bacon muffin was OK for a breakfast on the go - checks out at just over 300 calories and it's got some protein... But the flat white was not worth the ~150 calories. Should have got water with the mufin and just waited til I got to work and had a cup of instant coffee with skim milk, if I even still wanted it.... Oh well, next time I'll be prepared
[/url]
Sanov22

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress