It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

weight loss log 2.0

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: weight loss log 2.0

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:03 pm

At the pointy end of the journey it isn't reasonable to expect high end losses.
My first week's weight loss was 2.5kg. I did no exercise at all. Just ate less than what I "normally" would have.
The fatter you are the more you can lose at one go and without too much effort. The leaner you are - the tougher it gets.

You have the right attitude about hydration. In the long run it will sustain your weight loss.

Excellent job looking at the old pictures and noticing those positive body changes! 8)
These are the type of things that keep you motivated and on track.

I say amen particularly to the clear skin observation.
I used to say to myself, how can a man of fifty years still get masses of pimples?
My nose looked like it had Rocky Mountain Fever!
One of my great surprises during weight loss was the skin clearing up.
What I thought was hormones and poor genetics turned out to be poor food choices! :shock: :lol:

You are doing a great job!
Now stay focussed - and finish it! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:13 pm

73.5 this morning, which is comparable to last Thursday's 74.8 in terms of last meal/hydration/exercise ... So pretty good.

Ran/walked 5km this morning. Wanted to see if I could keep the same pace I'd been doing on the treadmill outside. I couldn't. I managed that pace for half the distance, then had to take walk breaks on the way back. Overall 7mins/km for 5km instead of the 6mins/km I was doing on the treadmill. Oh well, new goal to work towards.

So I'm the lightest I've been in 5 years now. For years I've been thinking if I could get back to this point that would be pretty good. It is pretty good that I've made it this far but I'd be absolutely unsatisfied to stay here. I still have a long way to go. 14ish kilos. I'll get there but I'm feeling disappointed/angry at my previous self for not being there already ... What on earth was I thinking?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Sanov22 wrote:73.5 this morning, which is comparable to last Thursday's 74.8 in terms of last meal/hydration/exercise ... So pretty good.

That is a very good result.
You should be pleased with it, you have done well. :D

Sanov22 wrote:Ran/walked 5km this morning. Wanted to see if I could keep the same pace I'd been doing on the treadmill outside. I couldn't. I managed that pace for half the distance, then had to take walk breaks on the way back. Overall 7mins/km for 5km instead of the 6mins/km I was doing on the treadmill. Oh well, new goal to work towards.

Outside exercise is always harder than inside work.
There are no variations inside like there is outside.
Inside you just plod along at a predictable pace but outside provides a host of new challenges.
One day it may be raining cats and dogs, and another the sun is doing it's best to burn you off the planet.
On a treadmill the incline is steady and predictable but in the real world it's over the hills and up the dales with many irregular bits in between.
Consistent rhythm is harder to maintain so your body is more called upon.
The upshot is that while it is harder going - you are burning more calories...and that is all good! 8)

Sanov22 wrote:So I'm the lightest I've been in 5 years now. For years I've been thinking if I could get back to this point that would be pretty good. It is pretty good that I've made it this far but I'd be absolutely unsatisfied to stay here. I still have a long way to go. 14ish kilos. I'll get there but I'm feeling disappointed/angry at my previous self for not being there already ... What on earth was I thinking?

What were you thinking?...well it was a different person thinking it then.
Sometimes we have to go through our experiences to really learn what it is all about.
Then we "get it" (and often have to "re- get it" :roll: ).
That is why this weight loss thing is a journey of the mind.
Learn the lessons of the journey and success is yours.
Glad it see that you aren't settling for second best too.
Many people set a goal that is not high enough.
Often this is because they fear that they could never achieve their real goal weight.
A few people have come here and said something like "I need to lose 40 kilos but I want to try for 20 kilos first and see how I go".
That's just hedging your bets and thinking in the back of your mind that you are going to fail anyway (thus fulfilling their own prophecy anyway).
There was a weightlifter at Rio the other day who had one lift left.
If he decided to lift a smaller weight he was guaranteed a sliver or bronze medal.
He went for a record weight knowing that if succeeded he would win gold...but failure meant he would get nothing.
For him it was gold or nothing!
Unfortunately he failed...but at least he tested himself and didn't have to die wondering if he could have been a gold medallist at the Olympics.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Did 5km in under 30mins outside today. Woot.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Keep running - and chase that fat away! 8) :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:37 pm

Had a bad week after the last entry... One afternoon "off" turned into "one day of poor eating won't hurt" the next day, which turned into "a couple of days off is OK", which turned into "OK OK, - ONE week then you get back in the saddle"...then the next week was better but still not really good - it was so hard to break the 'habits' that I'd re-established in only a week! Dissapointing, but I've reflected on it and identified how I could have made better decisions/dealt with triggers better. I guess one bad evening might happen on occasion but the most important thing is to wake up the next day and work even harder at being healthy, not to tempt myself into a 'holiday' from it. Back into things properly since the weekend, feeling focused and in control again. Weighed 73.1 this morning without exercise, and felt noticeably fitter/lighter at the group training I did this evening. Pushing myself harder felt easier. I'm also up to running 6km at a 6min/km pace now. I have a date this weekend (:p) so really regretting the lack of focus the last 2 weeks - could have been a good 2kg lighter already and looked/felt better... Sigh... Ah well, I'll get there eventually. Feeling pretty good overal today.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Sounds like you are learning two of the important lessons of the weight loss journey.

1.) There are no holidays in the weight loss journey (and the maintenance journey either for that matter!).

and

2.) Every backward step means it takes longer to get to goal and saps your momentum.

At least these lessons have been underlined for you by experience.
Learn them well now or be doomed to repeat them!
This pointy end of the journey is the toughest part.
Success is dependent on persistence and seeing through and maintaining the good healthy lifestyle habits always and at all times.

Keep going - and victory will be yours! 8)
Kim
ps Best wishes on the date! :wink:
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:32 am

Thanks Kim!

Down to 71.7, ran 7km at a 6min/km pace this morning and ran 8km a bit slower last weekend. Feeling great. Been busy but it hasn't affected my eating much... Making good choices, keeping active, feeling ALIVE.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Ah...sounds like you are starting to enjoy the new you.
I know what you mean when you use the word "ALIVE"...you are bouncing with energy.
When I was getting towards goal and especially after reaching goal I would literally be springing on the spot.
Probably a bit embarrassing for my wife when she is walking with me in the local shopping centre. :lol:
You just feel so exuberant...literally a great weight has been taken off your shoulders (...and belly and thighs and all over!).
It is now that the miracle thought occurs to you - you actually enjoy exercising for it's own sake
...something the old you could never believe possible! :shock: 8)

Keep making those good choices, stay active - and stay on the road to that better future! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:50 pm

Was away for a couple of weeks. Kept fairly active and ate OK. Weight held steady. Happy with that. More focused this last week on actually losing something though. 71.2 this morning. Been running a lot. Feeling good. Will be out of the 70s soon.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Keep going...make it happen! 8) :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:59 am

69.9 this morning :D

After a pretty tough workout and before breakfast... But still. As well as getting out of the 70s it puts me just inside the 'healthy' BMI range for my height. Now to get there consistently/before a huge workout.

Haven't been particularly focused on weight loss actually, but I think my good habits have set in well enough that I'm still losing a little anyway. Eating some junk here and there but not really blowing out like I used to. I'm mostly eating well. Keeping active, aiming to run 10km in under an hour soon. Up to 8km now. Need to do some more strength/toning exercises though...

Don't feel as good as I did last time I got down to this weight to be hones though. I was 6 years younger then and my skin just bounced back. It's seeming a little loose this time, especially on my chest, which is a tad upsetting. I haven't even lost THAT much weight yet... about 12kg from my worst, about 8kg from the weight I fluctuated around for years... :-/
I think I was more toned last time as well though, so will try to get some muscle going again.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:38 pm

Sanov22 wrote:69.9 this morning :D
but I think my good habits have set in well enough that I'm still losing a little anyway.

The key to continued success is to make those good habits second nature in your lifestyle.
Do that and you will win out. 8)
Sanov22 wrote: Need to do some more strength/toning exercises though...

Don't feel as good as I did last time I got down to this weight to be hones though. I was 6 years younger then and my skin just bounced back. It's seeming a little loose this time, especially on my chest, which is a tad upsetting. I haven't even lost THAT much weight yet... about 12kg from my worst, about 8kg from the weight I fluctuated around for years... :-/
I think I was more toned last time as well though, so will try to get some muscle going again.

The older you get (and bigger you get) - the looser your skin gets.
Good genetics plays its part but only to a certain point and then it goes west. :(
Personally I use the loose skin I've got as a reminder not to go back to being overweight.
Health is more important than looks anyway and besides no matter who you are...all looks sag with age.
Far better to work on your character and become the person you should be. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:34 pm

69.2 on the 3rd of January, and ran 10km in 57:30 the day before and 5km in just over 26mins a few days before that. Clothes were literally falling off me and I felt so fit!

Then... life, some major stressors, etc. ... weight stopped being a priority and I got back up to 76ish about a month or so ago. So annoyed with myself. It would have made sense/been OK not to have lost anything during that period, but I ate like shitttttt and so often. It's really no wonder I gained weight and I should probably be thankful I didn't gain more. Been slowly getting back into gear. 74.3 this morning is the best I've seen in weeks.

It's a struggle psychologically. The last time I was at this weight and going down I was so excited about it. It felt like the weight was just falling off (had a good stretch of 1kg a week or more!) and I was getting fitter and running longer/faster every time I went which motivated me to run even more. This time I just feel like I'm retaking lost ground and every little bit seems so difficult to lose. Some days I feel strong and I think I've got it and it won't be long before I'm back under 70, and other days, like today/right now I really struggle. The last few weeks have been really good choices/plans for meals, punctuated by binges/blow outs on junk food which undoes all the other good work during the week. Last blow out was Saturday morning. I've been good since then but right now I have an overwhelming desire to eat something sugary/carb-heavy like a muffin or a donut. Figured I'd write about it to stop myself acting on it. If I can distract myself for another hour or so then I have things to do and places to be that will keep me out of the danger zone for the rest of the day. I feel "hungry" but I ate lunch half an hour ago and I ate enough. I don't feel hungry enough that an apple is appealing so I'm not really hungry...

Was still running a sub 30min 5km a few weeks ago but it was so bloody hard. I wasn't enjoying it anymore so I got slack with that. Haven't done more than a couple of kms since then. Have still been active and exercising regularly though - strength/resistance training twice a week, tennis once or twice a week, a bit of walking, a bit of biking, etc. Exercise is OK. I would like to get back into the running though. Think I just have to make myself keep up the 30min 5km until I lose a bit more weight. Then that run will seem easier and I'll enjoy it more and/or be able to push myself to go longer/faster.

OK good, this worked. I don't have time to go buy a muffin/donut now. Hooray, I won this one.
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Sanov22 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Ended up having a piece of toast with jam last night. Could've been much worse. Weighed 74.3 again this morning (after workout). 75.0 just now before bed.

Today has been a struggle food-wise too. I've eaten pretty well... actually very well except for a latte that could've been something healthier. Came home late and I've just put myself straight to bed where I'm writing from now. I'll be too tempted if I stay up... keep thinking about donuts.... toast with honey... chocolate... unggghhhh.... I'm winning this battle tonight but I really wish these damn cravings would let up. Feel like it's only a matter of time before I cave in if they don't. Finding it so hard to make good decisions right now. Previous weight loss journeys have felt so easy by comparison. Going to keep tracking my mood/motivation/cravings against my food intake... don't think I've previously appreciated how important this mental aspect is, I've just been successful in the times when I happened to have a decent stretch of a good mindset without considering what brought that about.

Plan of attack:
- Get enough sleep
- Drink more water - didn't have enough today, I'm sure that hasn't helped.
- Win a few more of these battles - should (???) get easier once I do...
- Keep going hard at it exercise and food wise for a few more days at least - get a result that gets me excited.
[/url]
Sanov22

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress