It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:48 am

Free Newsletter

Jacks Weight Attack

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jacks Weight Attack

Postby Outback-Jack » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Hi all,

My name is Jack and im new to this forum so I thought I would record my progress and learn from everyone here :)

Now abit about myself.... Im 27 years old, 190cm and today ( my starting day ) I weighed in at 139.3kgs. My target weight is 90kg so I have 49.7kgs to lose.
For weeks now I have been trying to get the guts to go and see my Dr about loosing weight as I find exercising hard and painfull, but I realised something had to be done because it is now affecting my other half and kids. I wanted to talk to my Dr about going on Duromine even though of all bad comments about it, I was prepared to try anything. Saturday morning came around and I saw the Dr. I asked if Duromine would be helpful in my situation and he weighed me, took my height and blood pressure and came up with a BMI of 39 and said I would be a prime candidate for the drug. So today is my starting day, never to look back at what I was, only looking forward to what I can become.

Day 1 on Duromine
I woke up at 5:30am and took my 1st pill. It was weird not really knowing what it was going to feeling like or how long it would take to kick in but by 8:30am the dry mouth affect had kicked in and I could feel more energy being pumped through me. by lunch time, I had to force myself to make a sandwich ( cheese and cucumber on multigrain bread ) and after eating that I felt stuffed. Im also drinking water like no tomorrow! not really looking forward to tonight from all the stories of insomnia but I will just take it as it goes. I will do an update tomorrow on how tonight was.

Well that's all I can think of for now but im sure if I remember anything I will put it up.

Everyone keep up the good work you all do...

Jack
SW: 139.3kg
CW: 139.3kg
GW: 90kg

4/11/13 139.3kg
Outback-Jack

Re: Jacks Weight Attack

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi Jack

Good on ya for realising the seriousness of your situation. Too often we gloss over or outright deny our self-inflicted poor health is a time bomb. And even if we do realise, we don't do anything about it, because we subconsciously think that it's always going to be "someone else" who has a heart attack or type 2 diabetes, or cancer.

There are a number of us guys on here who have lost 50 kilos or more. It's not easy, and requires a complete and lifelong change of habits, mental outlook and lifestyle - because even if you successfully lose weight, without the inner change you'll just put it all back on in a few years.

Keep it up and never, never give up.
CronicBadger

Re: Jacks Weight Attack

Postby Blitz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:37 am

Welcome Jack :D

I've lost 87 kilos and know that success can be yours as well.

No pill will be successful in the long term. You have to develop a healthy lifestyle that works in the world that you live in. This forum can help you grow those skills for long term success.

Exercise is very hard when you begin but it does get easier (well actually if you do it right it doesn't - just that you get so fit that you can cope with it! :lol: ). When I started (I was 153.7kg) all I could manage was a ten minute walk before the back pain and asthma would kill me. Gradually, as I got more fit and lighter I was able to increase my exercise. 60 weeks later and 87 kilos less I could easily RUN for an hour, swim solid laps for an hour and do an hour on my exercise bike in a day and still be up for more!

You just have to start where you can and just keep pushing yourself each time a little further without breaking yourself. When I began I assessed my limits. I had a belly hernia the size of my fist so I knew that hard body exercise was out of the question so most of my exercise was leg based like - exercise bike and walking (which turned slowly into running). I also went to the doctor to get a general health check up and get preventive medication to help get my asthma under control.

It may seem pie in the sky for you now but it can happen for you too...if you want it bad enough. I'll leave you with this one last thought. One of the great pleasures I have today is going for long walks with my wife and daughter. The old me would never have done that...today I'm the first to suggest a walk to my family. This can be you and your family...have the courage to grab that better future - for you and your family! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Personal Progress