It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

[email protected]'s progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

[email protected]'s progress

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:58 am

Week #1 review

I am so glad I stumbled across this website and it recipes and of course this forum! I had been following on Facebook for a few weeks and decided to see what the website was like. I instantly fell in love! :D

At the moment, I have 10 – 15kg I would like to shed. Preferably 15kg but 10kg is my first goal. I know that it will take dedication, good eating balanced with exercise. To make it easier, I plan to start once school goes back which gives me another fortnight. (Yesterday my hubby went back to work and my youngest went back to preschool.) Next week one son goes back to school and then my youngest son starts school the following week.

During the next two weeks, I will be trying different recipes to see if I like them and if the family will like them. The ones that pass, I will copy out into an exercise book for quick reference. So far I have spent the past week writing out and trying different smoothies and shakes. These are great for breakfast although I still enjoy a bowl of cereal from time to time to mix it up.

Water. The good stuff. I have been drinking around the 2L mark since Jan 2005. I know this because that is when I started trying to conceive our first child. Sometimes on really humid, hot days I have hit the 3L mark.

Since finding this website, I have discovered a love for hommus, tzakziki and falafel. They are constants on my shopping list. I also have had blueberries, blackberries and raspberries, not of which I like but blended with banana etc, they are great! Seeing me try new foods has encouraged my two eldest kids to try new foods as well. This can only be a good thing.

So, Week #2, here I come!!! 8)
Current weight: 75kg as at Jan 12th 2014.
Goal weight: 65kg.....I will be able to go swimming with my children!!
Ultimate weight: 60kg.....I will have to pick my hubby up off the floor!!
[email protected]

Re: [email protected]'s progress

Postby admin » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:42 am

Good for you [email protected]....trying new foods is the key.
I discovered felafels last year and love them. I heat 2 in microwave for 20 seconds, mash them on the bread, slice of cheese lettuce, tomato, and each side of bread get a slather of hummus and the other Tzatziki....love it.

Try these for the kids, the should like them.

Honey Chicken & Vegetable

Baked Meatballs

Let us know how you go with your recipes.

All the best.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby JP1 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 am

Good luck [email protected] 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:51 am

Well done [email protected]'s!!! :wink: With that kick ass attitude you will definitely be FAB IN YOUR 40's....You go girl!!! :D
DD Diva

Return to Personal Progress