It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:09 am

Free Newsletter

TipsyToes' Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: TipsyToes' Diary

Postby ganymede » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:34 am

Hey TT, glad to see you doing so well and welcome to the forum! You're having some great results and that's awesome - just make sure you have a plan in place once you hit your goal :) Just be wary that eating lower cal can sometimes have the opposite effect in the long term. Not that I can judge, I'm currently doing very similar while I bust through a 12 week challenge. But that's where my low cal ends because it cannot be kept up long term.

You may find with doing exercise everyday as well, that your energy levels will be low because you're using up all your fuel. I'm not nagging but I just want you to make sure you're fueling your body with enough! THIS has always been my downfall. As I said, I can't talk per say, as this is what I'm currently doing. But remember this is only short term and try to do as much research as you can on maintaining and slowing things down once you're at that happy weight :)

All the best and keep us up to date!

P.S I just saw you were in a car accident, hope you're doing okay! Rest up!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 pm

No car...well there is always walking. :shock: Great exercise no matter what. :lol:

You might want to try a cheap source for your salmon. What I do is buy the cooking salmon packet. They are cheaper...the only trade off is that its the off cuts of the nicely sliced ones in the more expensive packs so there is a little fiddling with them as they are not as conveniently packed.

Three coffees for breakfast? Calorie wise that isn't too bad but metabolism wise it could be messing you around a bit. You may want to reconsider that choice (I know it is addictive...but that will pass and the benefits will stay).

Don't worry too much about where you are losing it. Your body will sort itself out in the end in the maintenance part of the journey. When I reached goal my bottom was non-existent and my face was very drawn (to be expected really - weight loss is about stressing the body) but after three months or so I was unable to sit comfortably on a reasonably padded posterior and I generally looked a lot more healthier (and no weight gain).

Wishing you speedy recovery and a successful journey. :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby TipsyToes » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:48 am

ganymede wrote:Hey TT, glad to see you doing so well and welcome to the forum! You're having some great results and that's awesome - just make sure you have a plan in place once you hit your goal :) Just be wary that eating lower cal can sometimes have the opposite effect in the long term. Not that I can judge, I'm currently doing very similar while I bust through a 12 week challenge. But that's where my low cal ends because it cannot be kept up long term.

You may find with doing exercise everyday as well, that your energy levels will be low because you're using up all your fuel. I'm not nagging but I just want you to make sure you're fueling your body with enough! THIS has always been my downfall. As I said, I can't talk per say, as this is what I'm currently doing. But remember this is only short term and try to do as much research as you can on maintaining and slowing things down once you're at that happy weight :)

All the best and keep us up to date!

P.S I just saw you were in a car accident, hope you're doing okay! Rest up!

Yeah I have never quite made it to the end... I was so close last time, but my cousin ended up hospitalised with anorexia around the time I was dieting. It freaked my mother and family out and they told me to stop dieting and exercising immediately, I had to go to the doctor and make sure I was a healthy weight etc, it was horrible...! I never quite got the chance to phase into something maintainable.

I don't think I should be calorie restricting beyond 3 months as I don't really have too much left to lose, but if you have any tips for maintaining I would love to hear them!

Thanks haha I am ok, and my car is being repaired at the moment!

Tuesday - 25/2/14

Breakfast:
2x Instant Coffee (1g Protein) - 65kcal
Berry Museli Bar (2.1g) - 110kcal
Nectrine - 50kcal

Lunch:
3x Rye Crackers (3g) - 100kcal
Tin Tuna (15.9g) - 75kcal
Banana (1g) - 100kcal

Dinner:
Prawn and garlic Pasta (4g) - 400kcal

Snacks:
Skim Mocha (6g)- 250kcal?
Biscuit - 100kcal
Carrot - 30kcal

Protein: 33/42g
Food Total: 1280/1750kcal = 535kcal
TipsyToes

Postby TipsyToes » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:56 am

Blitz wrote:No car...well there is always walking. :shock: Great exercise no matter what. :lol:

You might want to try a cheap source for your salmon. What I do is buy the cooking salmon packet. They are cheaper...the only trade off is that its the off cuts of the nicely sliced ones in the more expensive packs so there is a little fiddling with them as they are not as conveniently packed.

Three coffees for breakfast? Calorie wise that isn't too bad but metabolism wise it could be messing you around a bit. You may want to reconsider that choice (I know it is addictive...but that will pass and the benefits will stay).

Don't worry too much about where you are losing it. Your body will sort itself out in the end in the maintenance part of the journey. When I reached goal my bottom was non-existent and my face was very drawn (to be expected really - weight loss is about stressing the body) but after three months or so I was unable to sit comfortably on a reasonably padded posterior and I generally looked a lot more healthier (and no weight gain).

Wishing you speedy recovery and a successful journey. :D
Kim

Hahaha it could be worse... I'll get my car back in a week or two and get back to some more intense exercise!

Mmm I've never really looked into those, but I see them at the shops all the time! Thanks for the tip, I'll check them out when I go shopping next!

Hahaha I should drink less coffee! But I do space them out between 5:30am and midday. Sometimes I replace a coffee with tea or sugar free hot chocolate, but I just can't be bothered updating my daily diet on this forum. Usually though I'll have 2 coffee's spread out in the morning, occasionally a skim mocha at 10:30am and then something like tea or hot chocolate after gym. I still probably do drink too much caffeine, as I do still drink diet soft drinks on occasion, but I have cut down considerably! :?

Oh wow ok! Well that's great to hear! And congrats on the weight loss! :D
TipsyToes

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Well at least you are spreading your coffees out. I imagined from reading your post that you were gulping three coffees down straight for breakfast and getting wired for the rest of the day! :lol:

Yes I lost the weight but more importantly (although with less glory) have kept it off for two years. It can be done. And if I can do it - anybody can. I just hope my example helps someone step out and believe that they too can do it. :D

To your better future!
Kim
Blitz

Postby TipsyToes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:05 am

Blitz wrote:Well at least you are spreading your coffees out. I imagined from reading your post that you were gulping three coffees down straight for breakfast and getting wired for the rest of the day! :lol:

Yes I lost the weight but more importantly (although with less glory) have kept it off for two years. It can be done. And if I can do it - anybody can. I just hope my example helps someone step out and believe that they too can do it. :D

To your better future!
Kim

Haha it does sound like that!

That's awesome! I'm hoping to do the same when I finally reach my goal!

26/02/14

Breakfast:
Low Fat Yoghut (8g) - 80kcal
3x Instant Coffee (4g) - 100kcal

Lunch:
Tin of Corn (2.1g) - 75kcal
Tin Tuna (19.5g) - 85kcal

Dinner:
Mushroom Bruschetta: - 450kcal
Breads - 300kcal
Mushroom, parsley, lime juice and oil - 150kcal

Snacks:
Skim Mocha (8g) - 250kcal
Slice of Cheese (4g) - 75kcal
1 Slice of Toast (3.6g) - 80kcal
Watermelon - 50kcal

Protein: 49.2/42g
Food Total: 1245/1750kcal = 600kcal
TipsyToes

Postby TipsyToes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:06 am

Opps... :oops:

Food Total: 1245/1750kcal = 505kcal
TipsyToes

Postby TipsyToes » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Did so well... Until I had ice cream! D: Went out for dinner with my ex bf... Was it a good idea? Probably not... But the food was good!

I went shopping, so I should have more food and fruit in my diet as of tomorrow!! I also begin counting again tomorrow, so I am looking forward to that. However I have already had some comments from people asking me if I've lost weight. Guess 1.5kgs on a short person does go a long way! :mrgreen: Haha I don't think I can see much of a change, but I see the start of one so I'm happy. In a couple more weeks I am sure I will be seeing changes!

26/02/14

Breakfast:
4x Instant Coffee (4g) - 100kcal

Lunch:
Tin Tuna (19.5g) - 85kcal

Dinner:
Sumo Salad - Roasted Pumpkin and Chickpea (13.9g) - 425kcal

Snacks:
Maccas Soft Serve - 250kcal (The maccas nutrition info says it's only 150kcal... But I think there was too much icecream for it to be only 150kcal!!)
Instant Pad Thai (5g) - 200kcal

Protein: 52.5/42g
Food Total: 1215/1750kcal = 535kcal
TipsyToes

Postby Blitz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:57 pm

Don't beat yourself up over the ice cream - just own it.
You ate the extra...so now you are obligated to yourself to do extra exercise to work it off. :shock:

How we see ourselves and how others see us are often two different things. The mind can play some amazing tricks on our eyes. That is why weighing and measuring yourself can be so helpful - the scales and the tape measure tell it like it is. :lol:

Fruit would be a really good idea. It will give you a full feeling and the sugars and fibres are complex are very useful to your body.
What is an "Instant Pad Thai (5g) - 200kcal"? What ever it is, it was nearly as damaging as the ice cream. An apple would have been an healthier snack.

You are doing well...keep it going! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby TipsyToes » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:54 am

Blitz wrote:Don't beat yourself up over the ice cream - just own it.
You ate the extra...so now you are obligated to yourself to do extra exercise to work it off. :shock:

How we see ourselves and how others see us are often two different things. The mind can play some amazing tricks on our eyes. That is why weighing and measuring yourself can be so helpful - the scales and the tape measure tell it like it is. :lol:

Fruit would be a really good idea. It will give you a full feeling and the sugars and fibres are complex are very useful to your body.
What is an "Instant Pad Thai (5g) - 200kcal"? What ever it is, it was nearly as damaging as the ice cream. An apple would have been an healthier snack.

You are doing well...keep it going! :D

Kim

Haha I would love to do more exercise! But I have been struggling without the car! Gaahh! Definitely need to make up for it when I can start going back regularly!

Mmm yeah, well I shall be measuring myself Monday so fingers crossed we see some changes! :D

Haha yeeahhh... I haven't been shopping much this week so I ran out of fruit and veggies! Hahahaha the pad Thai is the healthy version of 2 minute noodles, low calorie, low sodium, minimal artificial flavours (by comparison), relatively high in protein... Yesterday was a bad day, so it's what I eat when I want something bad for me, but isn't too bad! But I definitely need to keep them to a minimum! While I cant eat apples (they trigger bad heartburn), I have bought a mountain of pears, plums and banana's! Im getting back on track!

So I tried Sardines today. Interesting... High in calcium, protein, omega3's and various other good things... Interesting taste. They were almost sweet! Guess this is why most people buy the ones with salt! But I am trying to keep the sodium down in my diet so...

Also having a family dinner because my mother is going back to Germany, so we will have a glass of champagne and a pasta dish for dinner!

19/02/14

Breakfast:
4x Light Cruskits (2.6g) - 85kcal
Chives and Onion Lite Cottage Cheese (9.7g) (Calcium - 115mg) - 90kcal

Lunch:

Dinner:
Prawn and Garlic Pasta - 400kcal (?)
Glass Champagne - 90kcal

Snacks:
Carrot - 30kcal
Pear - 90kcal
Sardines on toast (17g) (Calcium - 254mg) - 250kcal

Potassium: 297mg
Food Total: 1210/1750kcal = 550kcal

Exercise Total: Cardio = 200kcal

13,070 + 200 + 550 = 13,820/47,400kcal = 29.2% of goal
TipsyToes

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:28 am

Sardines in springwater are a really good idea - very healthy for you.

Heartburn is an interesting thing. When I was obese I had a great deal of heartburn but now I don't get it at all. I use to blame spicy or exotic (read healthy here) foods for it. I was wrong, once my food intake became moderate (ie not eating huge amounts) and making healthy choices in what I ate, I found that foods that I once had a low tolerance for (such as a nice juicy apple) became more tastier and didn't cause a problem. I think that may be it wasn't the apple's juices fault but rather the reaction of the lard/fat in my stomach mixing with something healthy! :shock: :lol:

Keep going...work that lifestyle!
Kim
Blitz

Postby TipsyToes » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Blitz wrote:Sardines in springwater are a really good idea - very healthy for you.

Heartburn is an interesting thing. When I was obese I had a great deal of heartburn but now I don't get it at all. I use to blame spicy or exotic (read healthy here) foods for it. I was wrong, once my food intake became moderate (ie not eating huge amounts) and making healthy choices in what I ate, I found that foods that I once had a low tolerance for (such as a nice juicy apple) became more tastier and didn't cause a problem. I think that may be it wasn't the apple's juices fault but rather the reaction of the lard/fat in my stomach mixing with something healthy! :shock: :lol:

Keep going...work that lifestyle!
Kim

Haha yeah, as odd as it sounds, they taste amazing with lots of vinegar! But Im pretty sure it's going to become a favourite breakfast food!

Just recently I was getting REALLY bad chest pains, unlike anything I had ever had before, and it turned out to be heartburn related. I have gotten heartburn since the age of 12-13, but it only ever resulted in discomfort, this was bad pain! I couldn't talk, it would last for minutes at a time and it would happen every 15min or so. I went to the doctor and they put me on something and it went back to just being regular heartburn. It took me years to even realise it was heartburn because my mother always said I was too young and too healthy for it to be heartburn! Even now, it took the doctor diagnosing me and putting me on a medication to even convince her it was possible I got it!! Tomato's, jalapeno's, apple's and cheese, unfortunately enough, are some of the worst!

I try to eat small meals or snack throughout the day and this seems to help. And cutting down on the really acidic fruits.

1/3/14 - Sunday

Breakfast:
Sardines (17g) (Calcium - 254mg) - 150kcal
Slice of Wholegrain Toast (4.5g) - 100kcal

Lunch:
Pumpkin Soup (3.4g) - 200kcal
Slice Wholegrain Toast (4.5g) - 100kcal

Dinner:
Thai Salad:
Carrot & Baby Spinach - 40kcal
Thai Salad Dressing - 60kcal

Snacks:
6x Light Cruskits (3.9g) - 150kcal
Chives and Onion Lite Cottage Cheese (19.4g) (Calcium - 230mg) - 180kcal

Protein: 56.7/42g
Food Total: 1080/1750kcal = 670kcal

13,820 + 670 = 14,490/47,400kcal = 30.6% of goal
TipsyToes

Postby TipsyToes » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:25 am

Did pretty well! Wishing I could speed up the weight loss off my thighs though!
Comparing my measurements to the last time I measured myself:

Bust: 89cm > 88cm (total of 3cm lost :( )
Waist: 72cm > 70.5cm (total 6.5cm lost :D )
Hips: 98cm > 96cm (4.5cm lost)
Thigh: L - 60cm & R - 60cm > L - 59cm & R - 59cm (2.5cm lost)
Calf: L - 38cm & R - 38cm (1cm lost, no change)

3/3/14 - Monday

Breakfast:
Chives and Onion Lite Cottage Cheese (9.7g) - 90kcal

Lunch:

Dinner:
Potato & Leek Soup (4g) - 220kcal
Thai Salad - 100kcal

Snacks:
Berry Muesli Bar (2.1g) - 110kcal
Carrot - 30kcal
Pear - 90kcal

Protein: 48.4/42g
Food Total: 1055/1750kcal = 695kcal

Exercise Total: Cardio = 200kcal

14,490 + 200 + 695 = 15,385/47,400kcal = 32.5% of goal

Almost at 2kgs! :mrgreen:
TipsyToes

Postby TipsyToes » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:17 am

High Calorie day today... Had a management breakfast meeting this morning! Have to do some extra exercise today...

3/3/14 - Monday

Breakfast:
Small Skim Mocha (4g) - 100kcal
Mushrooms on Toast - 125kcal

Lunch:
Chives and Onion Lite Cottage Cheese (9.7g) - 90kcal

Dinner:
Thai Salad - 100kcal

Snacks:
HUGE Croissant with Jam - 500kcal :oops:
Carrot - 30kcal
Pear - 90kcal
Shapes Biscuits - 100kcal

Protein: 48.4/42g
Food Total: 1375/1750kcal = 375kcal

Exercise Total: Cardio = 400kcal

15,385 + 400 + 375 = 16,160/47,400kcal = 34.1% of goal

2kgs! Woo! :mrgreen:
TipsyToes

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 am

I like your breakfast a lot. Protein in the morning is a very good thing.

I think you've made a mistake...you put this under snacks: HUGE Croissant with Jam - 500kcal...I think that maybe it should be listed as a second lunch or something! :shock: :lol: Learn from the experience don't waste it.
Key yourself with questions of this type:

Why did it happen?
    What were the things I was telling myself to make it ok?
    What are the things I should have told myself to make it not ok?
    How can I avoid this kind of situation in the future?
    What steps can I take next time something like this happens?
    What have I learnt from today's experience?

Work at that lifestyle and success will be yours! :D
Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress