It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:14 am

Free Newsletter

86kg to 75kg Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

86kg to 75kg Journey

Postby chocoholic25 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:02 pm

This is my first post in this Personal Progress section. I was 86.3kg on the 20th of March, now I'm 80.2kg. So far I've lost 6.1kg in 25 days.

I want to get down to 75kg, once I FINALLY get there, I wouldn't mind trying to get to 70kg. But, that's a challenge for later, for now my goal is 75kg.

I can't wait to finally get in the 79kg zone, I haven't seen that on the scales for YEARS. I almost got there last week, but then we had my son's birthday celebration, full of cheesecakes, chocolate, chips, coke, salads and burgers :shock: Soooooo, I've had some ground to re-catch up on, lol. :(

I'm pretty close again now from this morning's weigh in, only 300grams to go till 79.9kg. I don't think I'll lose that tonight though, because for the past few days I've been weighing myself in the morning, then losing 300 more grams During the day, and then a further 1/2kilo overnight, so 800grams loss everyday for 3 days. But today it's fluctuating. I don't think that's a very good sign for tonight's loss, lol. I hope I lose something tonight, ANYTHING, just hoping for a loss. But after 2.5kg lost in 3 days, I think my body might need to stop and catch up or something, I'm not sure.

Finger's crossed though!! :D

I'll write in tomorrow's new weigh in here.

Wish me luck! :D
Weight in November 2013: 92.4kg
---------------------------------------------
New diet start weight 20th March 2014: 86.3kg
Current weight: 80.6kg
First Big Goal Weight: 75kg
Kilos left to go: 5.6kg
chocoholic25

Re: 86kg to 75kg Journey

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:37 am

Nothing like success to motivate you to more success! :D

Work on developing your lifestyle skills on those "special occasions". They are the hardest to nail down but once you have those skills under your (loose) belt then you can face any challenge. Remember just because it is on the party table it doesn't mean you have to partake on it all. Just think; if you hadn't indulged you could have been in the 70's already. It is that kind of thinking that kept me on the straight and narrow.

I love your weigh in data! You are becoming a real student on how your body works in processing weight. Excellent stuff!...this is so helpful...very good work indeed! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby chocoholic25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Yes you're absolutely right there Blitz! Well we have a BBQ planned with guests on Thursday night, we're going for a road trip to the Gold Coast Friday (we'll probably end up opting for take away so I'll have to choose wisely) and of course, Easter on Sunday, I really hope I'm able to refrain from going over board with eating something too naughty on those days, :lol: I HAVE to be good though, just keep reminding myself how close I'm getting :)

I gained 400grams last night, so I'm 80.6kg today, sucks, but, I'm trying to tell myself that Perhaps my body's just bursting fat cells and filling with water, and in a few days, wait for the whoosh and drop! haha. I don't know if that's Exactly how it works but I read it online somewhere and it makes me feel better telling myself that :P lol!

Did you find it hard when it came to busting through the main kg down range? (80's down to 79s? etc) Those last pesky grams to break through to the new range? Did your body seem to fight against it at all?
chocoholic25

Postby chocoholic25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:04 pm

I have to confess, tonight feels a little hard, I'm not having cravings exactly, but I am missing certain foods like pasta and breads etc, mostly carbs. Most nights I'm good, but tonight it's hard to have the will power Not to call my husband and ask him to bring home a McDonalds meal for me, lol. I know I'm so close to reaching that 79kg zone, and then it's just 4 more kg to lose to get to my 75kg... and I've been checking the scales today through the day and it hasn't budged an inch all day even after meals. I'm hoping that's a good indicator for a loss tonight, even a mini loss would perk me up after last night's gain.

I've noticed too tracking my weight loss that I seem to be dropping roughly 2 - 2.5kg in 3-4 days and then stalling or fluctuating for a few days to a week, then dropping another 2 - 2.5kg within 3-4 days and then the cycle continues. So even though I'm making a somewhat steady progress, the stall sections are upsetting. When I start dreaming of breads, take away food, pastas etc during my "stall" sections it makes me want to quit for awhile or just simply take a break, but I don't want to do that either because I've lost 6kg so far since the 20th of march and I know if I quit now, or take a break, then it'll just make it harder next time because I'll have to recover lost grounds again and I don't want to do that either.

*sigh*

I REALLY hope I see the 79kg zone soon. Feels like I've been dancing around the 80kg zone forever. :cry:
chocoholic25

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:57 pm

I pushed my body very hard. Probably too hard in retrospect. But at the time I didn't know much about the mechanics of weight loss. My goal was to start 1/1/11 and lose 87 kilos by week 35! My reasoning for that schedule?...I lost 2.5 kilos in the first week and figured if I just repeated that until I hit the 87kg mark that would be that! :shock: How naive was I? :lol:

Towards the end we tend to drift...our portions get bigger, our choices less smart and very often our snacks increase to mini meal size. All our increased exercise ends up being spent on the extra calories.

One of the things I found very interesting in my recent monthly "Knackered Blitz Challenge" was just how easy it was to reach goal of losing 2.5kg. I gave myself a month thinking that two and a half weeks of that should be do-able. I ended up doing the lot (and more - 2.7kg all up...and that is with a 0.2kg gain the 1st weigh in day after starting) in a week without too much hassle at all. Yet shifting that same section of weight back then took me nearly two months!

What was the difference? Firstly, I wasn't in the grind any more - I came to this new challenge fresh and confident. When I was there last time I had been at it for twelve months - for something I thought would only take me 35 weeks. Secondly, my eating portions were much the same as when I was losing big amounts at the beginning. And lastly, I was smarter at it. When I was doing it before I was flying blind...just common sense to guide me along. I knew my body very well, I knew the mind game very well and I knew just how much exercise would produce how much result this time around. Knowledge is power. All through my weight loss I was always trying for a Biggest Loser weekly weigh in result. Never managed it because I lacked the knowledge. I now have the knowledge. That is why this Forum is so useful...plenty of people here know stacks of stuff...use their knowledge!

Wouldn't worry about a one off gain too much. Fluid retention is often a sign that the body wants to make muscle. Also apart from those loss/stall cycles that you have discovered; there are other rhythms that your body undergoes. Keeping studying them!...the body is so amazing - respect it.

These longings you have for bread, pasta, chocolate or whatever are part of the head game. They are playing with you because you are probably "dieting" these foods - they are more desirable because they are "forbidden". All foods have their place in the scheme of things...so long as they are accountable by you in your life (you take responsibility and act responsible) and portioned controlled. If something is really doing your head in I have found using it as a spur to keep me going. By that I mean; if I have a real desire for pizza - I will have it...so long as I had reached a weight goal (I did this in lots of 10 kilos - I did have a lot of weight to move :lol: ). This would remove the "forbidden" label from it making it less desirable. It also made me wait for it rather than acting on a whim or a wish. Usually by the time I had earn the treat; I was pretty much over it and ready to move on.

Kim
Blitz

Postby chocoholic25 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 am

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I havn't been online in a few days. I decided to take a break over Easter.....and gained 3kg, lol! So this week I'm going to knuckle down and get back into it again and try and shed what I gained. I don't mind too much what I gained, because even though I've now got to re-cover lost ground, it was worth it :) :lol:
chocoholic25

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:55 pm

It happens! It isn't nice when it happens...but it happens. Dust yourself off - learn the lessons of what went wrong - develop strategies to avoid a repeat...and above all - work your butt off to get rid of the damage it has done to your progress!

It is never worth having to re-take old ground...more work and it will grind down your motivation long term.

Kim
Blitz

Postby äirly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:53 am

If you have been cutting out sugar etc prior to Easter (and I gather from your posts you might have been doing low carb?) when binged you have probably gained mostly water weight. From my limited understanding, your body needs more water to process sugar and therefore you might see a big spike it fluid retention. Once you go back to your diet it should disappear within a few days. You need to eat an EXCESS (ie, above daily calories) of 7000 cal to gain 1 kg, and I hardly think you managed that 3 times in one weekend ;)

Anyway, the sooner you get back on the horse the sooner you can forgive yourself and move on.

Good luck mate ;)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Oh yeah...recent weight on is easier to get off but it is the waste of time and effort that is the real cost. Blow outs like this kill momentum and dampen motivation. The time and effort spent on ridding the gain could be better spent pressing forward to goal. :roll:

The weight loss journey is never a straight line...the detours and roundabouts teach us what NOT to do! :D

Kim
Blitz

Return to Personal Progress