It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Tams Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Divalicious » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Blitz wrote: It will be interesting to see what the chef brings to the table - literally!
Fresh eyes to your intolerances may give you some new approaches for you to try out. 8)

You holiday sounds great - I'm envious! :wink:
Enjoy it - get yourself better and back on track (and de-stress as only a holiday can do :)

How cool, your own private Chef; I too can't wait to see what culinary wonders he/she dishes up to you (you MUST give us details, it sounds amazing!!) :wink:
Have a wonderful holiday, and as Kim said, relax, de-stress, get better and come back invigorated and ready to kick serious butt!!! :wink: :lol:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:25 pm

Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to it - I feel so ready to just collapse. I'm still struggling with this illness (and now so is hubby), and I'm feeling FAT and the muscles are waning, and my clothes are fitting badly, and I keep eating bad things in quantity! I'm also still using certain muscles I shouldnt in my rehab and now my hip flexers and psoas are badly 'on'. They hurt just sitting here. Maybe doing just one set of rehab on holiday will be good for me?? AND I had a bad physio session today where I cried all the way home because I couldnt get the exercises or concept she was trying to teach me! That's the biggest badest thing that can happen with me and instantly makes me burst into tears - when I can't understand something and feel absolutely helpless and lost (getting physically lost does it too!!). So feeling pretty miserable right now. Even though there is good news...I got told I can go and 'try' dancing in a safe setting (where I can stop when I need to). Holiday, I think I need you...although I think I better not eat all the food the chef makes me, and save some for leftover lunch the following day!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:10 am

Enjoy the holiday - sounds like you really need it!

Don't beat yourself up on the physio session...sometimes things take a little marinating in the brain before it becomes more clear.
I'm sure next time it will all come together. :)

Have fun! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:38 am

Blitz wrote:Enjoy the holiday - sounds like you really need it!

Don't beat yourself up on the physio session...sometimes things take a little marinating in the brain before it becomes more clear.
I'm sure next time it will all come together. :)

Have fun! :D

Kim

Ditto (all the above) Tams,
Go enjoy your holidays, sounds like it is just what you need, and I think by taking a small break it will help restore and reinvigorate you.
Don't worry about the physio stuff, just concentrate on having an awesome time, and tackle that aspect when you return (fully rested, recharge and raring to go!!!) :wink:
Have a wonderful time!!! xx :D
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 pm

Thanks guys! I'm back!! And we'll be booking that place again. Chef was just awesome - good clean local food, and I did pick up a new menu idea :) This is where we went (not sure if this will be edited tho): http://www.eaglesnestretreat.com.au/retreat/

Given that it was US that went on a break, it wasn't entirely free of adrenaline. The first night I had a cracking headache from my eyes as the windscreen of our car was too wrapped and sloped. So the next day, hubby drove all the way (and all day) to launceston to get a new car! With the new car (which hurt our backs, but not my eyes!), it was keyless, and we got into it after visiting a cheese shop, and were frustrated that we could open the car, but not turn it on. Then comes a tap on the door "excuse me, I think you're in our car!" Sure enough, ours was two cars down. But the next day...hubby discovers he has lost his wallet! After searching everywhere, yup, we conclude that he left it in that car. So cue cancelling cards, contacting car rental place, police, accomodation people etc... Day 2 i also thought we should go for a short walk to try and counteract some of the food, only to jump a puddle, keep walking, and when I got back to the car...ankle not happy with me. Ended up not being able to walk for 4 days with a swollen terribly painful ankle - the GOOD foot! Even had to get carted through the airport on a buggy!! (Physio has mostly fixed me now though - I'd irritated it with some of my exercises not done correctly, then pinched the ankle casing when I took off on the puddle jump, so that is sorted out!). Which brings us to the last day...early text to say intruder had visited our home. Fortunately, my brother and sis in law, who stayed to look after the fur-kids, frightened him off. But we hightailed it to the airport anyway and got an earlier flight home. So yeah, it was an 'US' 'holiday' - the last one we took we had a cyclone, so it we ARE improving! Since coming home, my illness has come back (I thought I was better when we were away!), and then a migraine has joined in, and basically, this is the first few hours I have had as a functioning human being.

So...havent been to the pool! I HAVE been slowly getting through 2 sessions of rehab and a pilates session each day of being back. And I was only half as good as planned on holiday. Which means...my weigh in is not looking good. But hey, onwards and upwards! I'm being good with my food now. Weigh in is Saturday.

Oh, and hey, we got a parcel in the post today; hubby's wallet! Complete with the $800 in cash!! The other couple had found it, notified the rental company and the police (we had too, so those communication avenues did not work), and mailed it back to us. There are wonderful honest people still out there :D
Tams

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:44 am

Thanks for the link...the place looks pretty special. 8)

Glad to hear that you got the wallet back again - and with the cash! :D

Be interesting to see Saturday's number...remember if it isn't pretty - it isn't the end of the world...
just the beginning of some tough "getting back the ground" time! :lol: :wink:

Welcome back!
Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:38 am

Lol! Yes, it was rather ugly!! Tis now prettier than it was...more work to be done!

wk 1 61.9
wk 2 61.9
wk3 62.6
wk4 61.1
wk5 62.4 (pain, a cold, and chocolate!)
wk6 (away being fed in Tassie!)
wk7 62.3
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:42 am

At least it is better than week 5. 8)
Getting it there after a holiday is very good going indeed! :D

Keep getting better...and keep it together...and you'll high kick it through! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Tenacity is the game here! I'm not losing weight grr. BUT I AM eating well AND after 3 weeks of illness, I GOT TO THE POOL LAST NIGHT for a water running session. Woo -hoo! It was freezing cold, raining, and I rode my bicycle there (it's only 2 mins!); only 4 of us braved the weather, so it was a small and friendly class :) Chuffed. Not sure how much I can keep going, but each little day - the 2hrs of rehab is killing my time and motivation for other exercise, but cardio really truely must factor back in there if I'm to get these kilos off...
Tams

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:26 am

Tenacity is a very good descriptive word to describe this whole weight loss/maintenance business!

[list=]the quality or fact of being able to grip something firmly;
the quality or fact of being very determined;
the quality or fact of continuing to exist; persistence[/list]

Very much what it is all about! :)

Glad to hear that you got to the pool. I love going to the pool when the weather outside is wintry.
The water seems warmer and there usually is very few people to share with - great having the place virtually to yourself. 8)

Take each day one at a time...and you'll find that you will be able to cope. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 am

Hey Tams,
Sorry I haven't been "checking in" much lately, and I'm reading stuff quickly and "on the run" but I'm glad to see you're keeping at it and doing well. I admire your tenacity, and I should take a leaf out of your book.....you're strength is amazing, and to say your efforts are admirable is an understatement!!
My own routine is shot at the moment, with having recently started a new job, eating poorly (on the hop most of the time) and the worst thing of all, the guilt associated with not getting to the gym......I MISS IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! :cry:
But I'm glad you're hanging in there, and hopefully your rehab is going well, and that you're on the mend.
Take care and I'll try and catch up with your posts xx :wink:
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Hey Divalicious, good to 'see' you! Your words make my heart melt! I'm really not very successful...today the scales showed since I stopped dancing, that I have achieved a gain of 4 kilos!! GAH. It's very horrible of me to say this, but your recent spate of crazy business and a small gain makes me feel not quite so bad - horrible in words, but I think you know what I mean! We're battling through together. I know you will indeed succeed.

On the rehab front, I'm trying to learn to make my hips be over my ankles when I stand. Oh its such small things, that are so profoundly hard!! I felt like I was tipping backwards and the front of my feet werent touching the floor...then the physio worked on my muscles and the length in my ankles today (manipulation and soft tissue work) and hey presto, when I got up from the table, I felt that I was indeed aligned. Fleetingly. So I have a sense of what it will be like to succeed in re-working my body; it feels so much less effortful. I will look beautiful on the dance floor. I will be able to dance with far more strength and range of movement. Its just so frustrating not to be able to get that successful sensation again - but at least I've had that fleeting taste. I keep working.
Tams

Postby Tams » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Oh, and hey Blitz, yeah, the water felt far warmer than on a hot day!! Going to try and get there again tomorrow...
Tams

Postby Blitz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:52 am

The thing that I found with pool work is that you have to take the long view on it.
The results don't show up straight away as in something like using the exercise bike but it does have benefits.
When in the pool you are using all kinds of muscles not moved in other exercises and the generally really boosts your lung fitness.

Keep plugging away at it! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Every positive thing you do is a step in the right direction. it all adds up.
Striving to improve in every way possible.
CronicBadger

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress