It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Tams Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Too true Chronic Badger! And then it's all about consistency...
Tams

Postby Divalicious » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 am

CronicBadger wrote:Every positive thing you do is a step in the right direction. it all adds up.

Absolutely!!! :D
Thank you CB for this affirmation which is not only a good reminder but is both timely and so very very true!!! :wink:
136.0kg - Heaviest weight (1/1/12)
126.6kg - Starting weight (1/1/13)
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Divalicious » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:46 am

Tams wrote:Hey Divalicious, good to 'see' you! Your words make my heart melt! I'm really not very successful...today the scales showed since I stopped dancing, that I have achieved a gain of 4 kilos!! GAH. It's very horrible of me to say this, but your recent spate of crazy business and a small gain makes me feel not quite so bad - horrible in words, but I think you know what I mean! We're battling through together. I know you will indeed succeed.

On the rehab front, I'm trying to learn to make my hips be over my ankles when I stand. Oh its such small things, that are so profoundly hard!! I felt like I was tipping backwards and the front of my feet werent touching the floor...then the physio worked on my muscles and the length in my ankles today (manipulation and soft tissue work) and hey presto, when I got up from the table, I felt that I was indeed aligned. Fleetingly. So I have a sense of what it will be like to succeed in re-working my body; it feels so much less effortful. I will look beautiful on the dance floor. I will be able to dance with far more strength and range of movement. Its just so frustrating not to be able to get that successful sensation again - but at least I've had that fleeting taste. I keep working.

Oh Tams, I sooooooooooooooooo understand and my heart goes out to you! xx We've both in a bit of a pickle, but we're not marinated completely (if you know what I mean?)
Not being able to go to the gym is killing me :cry: and even though I try using my exercise bike (which I purchased once I realised my gym visits would suffer now that I'd be working full time again) it's just not the same!! I still work up a sweat using the bike, but my mind keeps telling me that 30 minutes of cycling just isn't enough and compared to a solid 1.5-2 hrs full range of cardio and strength gym workout. And that just adds to my feelings of GUILT!! :oops: But I've got to keep reminding myself, that it's better than nothing!

We'll both be okay......baby steps (rehab or otherwise) we'll get there and we'll be stronger for our efforts you'll see!! :wink:

Your water-based rehab which may seem like it's moving at a snails pace, appears to be going well and I just KNOW you will get back the strength and mobility that will enable your return to the dance floor, where you will become a moving vision, shining brighter than the brightest of stars!!! :wink: Wait and see..... :D
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Aiming for it Divalicious! I'm fighting the feelings of giving up, balancing it against that moment in bed at night when you know you've had to have subtracted SOMETHING!

I actually don't know what my weight is at present; the past three days have given 62.3, 62.8, and then this morning it couldnt make up its mind as to whether I was 62.8 or 62.2 or somewhere in the middle. So I split the difference for this week's weigh in. And I'm telling myself that the scales WILL be better next week!! I ate well this week, and I achieved 3 water running sessions, plus 3 pilates sessions, plus rehab everyday bar one. So sooner or later, something will look good...(sadly I had to buy some fatter clothes though!)

wk 1 61.9
wk 2 61.9
wk3 62.6
wk4 61.1
wk5 62.4 (pain, a cold, and chocolate!)
wk6 (away being fed in Tassie!)
wk7 62.3
wk8 62.5
Tams

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:40 am

Tams wrote: So sooner or later, something will look good...

Don't worry it will!
Like I said; water stuff takes a bit of time to show up - but don't worry it will! 8)
Also maybe some muscle making is happening because you are getting back into the swing so that may be masking good news. :D

Hang in there and it will happen - always darkest before the dawn! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Divalicious » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:33 am

Tams wrote:I'm fighting the feelings of giving up, balancing it against that moment in bed at night when you know you've had to have subtracted SOMETHING!

No not you Tams, you're not a quitter!!! I may not know too much about you, but what little I do know is that you're tenacity awesome and that (even in these dark times) you always manage to get through!!! You did it before, and YOU WILL DO IT AGAIN!!! Hang in there sweetie, the rewards of your water exercise efforts will pay off....it won't be water off a duck's back, it'll be kilo off a strong woman's determined body!!! :lol: You'll see!! :wink:
60.0kg - Goal weight
63.3kg - Current weight

Divalicious

Postby Tams » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Unfortunately, it's not this week either!

wk 1 61.9
wk 2 61.9
wk3 62.6
wk4 61.1
wk5 62.4 (pain, a cold, and chocolate!)
wk6 (away being fed in Tassie!)
wk7 62.3
wk8 62.5
wk9 62.4
Tams

Postby Blitz » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:09 am

Hey...it is lower than the week before - that is always good! 8)
At least you are travelling in the right direction! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Ok, so I just read the 'Sad' post about people not posting (hi Tinkabella! so good to see you again!!)...and how posting can help out in the dark times. Well, I'm in a big bad dark time. There's no lemonade to be made - the only ingredients are acidy lemons here.

I'm at a huge weight, but worse than that, I've been so sick with migraines for 2 weeks now (and yes, weight does go up from meds, water). And also from the lack of movement and the need for fat and sugar because yes, bad chocolate, or even a tin of condensed milk(!), REALLY makes me feel better. (And if you've never had a migraine, sorry, you don't get to criticise - SAS soldiers describe it as the worst type of pain ever.) The first migraine was triggered by trauma - emergency yet again for suspected broken bones in my right hand. Thankfully none, but my whole body reacted to the damage with this series of migraines. Plus I was in a splint, then I also got an infection, so there was ZERO way to exercise, as the pool is off-limits.

It happened just as I was about to be allowed to go for a 'test' dance - partnered, so not something that can happen without the right hand; I've tried it without the left, but no can do without the right.

The GOOD news, was that my physio then said I could start to 'test' dance all by myself at home...10-15mins per day, so long as it is all going ok. i've had to have 2 rest days to keep the foot ok, but it is so good to be doing baby steps!! I actually don't know how I did those practices, and most of my rehab, when I've been so sick! Small windows with drugs I guess. But then I pay the price of so many meds. It's horrible. The death face look, combined with the extra weight does not a pretty picture make.

But anyway, here I am -AGAIN. Let's start today's weight as a week 1, and as much as I can, I'll keep trying. The alternative is to give up and be stuck in depressing fatness. Better to be trying to get out of it (I think?!!)

wk 1 PM 63.4 AM 63.0
Tams

Postby tinkerbella » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello Tams,
keep at it you will win and nothing tastes better than skinny....
its just one day at a time and all you can do each day is try your best !!

my fingers and toes are crossed for you,you have done so well so far....
you have done well being back and trying to get to your weight you want to be,
be happy walk proud and just do your best !!
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Its very interesting too me your pm too am weight mine can be a whole one kg different...
a question for anybody that might know why (Kim),
why would mine be a whole 1kg and Tams only being the 400 grams??
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:57 am

Tams wrote:. Better to be trying to get out of it (I think?!!)

You betcha - you are right on that one! :)
You have said it in your post about how to deal with it...baby steps.
It is going to take patience as you recover and get back on track.
It is natural to want results to happen straight away but healing does take time.

The approach you need to keep in your head is that you haven't given up the fight but rather that you are strategically withdrawing to fight a better battle another day. Field Marshal Montgomery was often criticised by other generals (Patton particularly) for waiting a long time before he would advance on the enemy. Monty however used that time to build up his strength and plan to the nth degree. When he did advance it was always a victorious event.

Think of it as a dance...one step back...two steps forward. Everything has it's rhythm.

Look after your body well and in the future your body will repay the kindness.

Meanwhile...baby steps...baby steps... 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:20 am

tinkerbella wrote:Its very interesting too me your pm too am weight mine can be a whole one kg different...
a question for anybody that might know why (Kim),
why would mine be a whole 1kg and Tams only being the 400 grams??

Because Tams eats like a bird. :wink:
We are dealing with more weight than Tams so our ratios are different than hers.
Our metabolism is burning calories at a different rate than Tams.
Another factor is that can affect outcome is sleep. If I've had little or no sleep my burn rate is far less than when I get in my full quota of sleep.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:01 am

I was thinking it must have been my intake is a lot higher and I drink a lot of water also...
It was 900grams different from last night to this mornings weigh in,and I thought it was going to be that amount from the weigh in the morning b4..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 am

Ha Ha, no guys, the small PM-AM measurement is a feature of the meds - especially when I have tried unsuccessfully to avoid a certain one I'm not supposed to have more than 2 of in a week, and it ends up being a cocktail until I claw back few more days and finally give in and say - 'well, it's been 6 days, that will have to do' and take that miracle migraine pill. The day before the cocktail (and about 3 days since the last lot of meds) it was around the same as a 'normal' person (63.4 to 62.6). And today, oh boy!! Last night was a whopping 65, this morning 63.7. So meds can screw everything up and not give you a clear picture at all!! I'm always astonished at how people can track 'weightloss' from day to day - mine is like a tornado and a bouncy ball from day to day!!!
Tams

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress