It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Tams Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 pm

Right, well, I think I need to start this thing again. Let's call this 'week 0' and here we go! If I can go down slowly like before, I'll be happy. But I do need to stop the rot...it has slowed...and I think the damage is now all showing up. Now to start afresh. I'm feeling really really tired though. Over a month of illness and I still don't have my lungs working properly, bits of my body are freezing up and not working, and today was a right-off with migraine (and I eat when in pain). But I do need to draw a line in the sand somehow...I think I'll just focus on making one thing better each day, not perfect, just better.

week 0: PM 62.4, AM 61.6
Tams

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:22 pm

This flu that has been going around is really vicious the way it keeps coming back to give you more just as you think that it is gone.
Keep your liquids up and do as you say...just do one thing a bit better each day...and you will get there. :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Hello Tams,

do you know ive been sitting here for ages trying too work out what am and pm is.... :lol: :lol:
ive just worked it out... :roll:

its no good feeling unwell and flat,im sure when your feeling yourself again it will all work out and
you will hit the floor running,
good luck love and im sure it will all happen for you..

what weight is your goal weight??

ps I think people are catching the flu from each other on the forum....lol
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Yeah...I got mine from Shelley or maybe Natasha. :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Blitz wrote:Yeah...I got mine from Shelley or maybe Natasha. :wink:

Kim

I had a jab I haven't been sick at all this winter and I promise I didn't use the tongue . :P
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:41 pm

I suspect Natasha is the carrier...that is why she is so healthy. :wink:

Kim
Blitz

Postby Tams » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:42 pm

aiee - my posts are not posting!

But hello everyone! It's nice to have you chatting away here!! I have a few medical things which all get convoluted in the mix (not GERD tho), so I find the PM/AM thing to be interesting tracking (lol Tinkabella!). Starting another 3 months of medical treatment in August, which might make this tracking even more interesting in a positive way. I also find that smaller meals are helpful. On the flip side, I then get scared of being hungry - thankfully I know this is common to people with dietary issues as we can't just buy something to eat as we have to be in control of the ingredients. So its a bit full time always planning, not letting your schedule stop you eating when you need to eat, and having something on hand 'just in case', while also combating the unhealthy urges to binge (and finally feel full, sick, but full). Seriously, if we could eliminate all the psychological issues, we'd never be fat!

And yeah, this winter seems to be very illness-full. I had two different things - played swapsies with hubby, despite us sleeping separate for the last 2 months! We've had our flu jabs, so just have to think how bad it could be if we hadnt....
Tams

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:47 pm

hey Tams,
my mum and dad both had the jab and there been sick all winter,it got too the point I told them too keep away,they were always sick and I didn't want the kids or Shane getting it,
but mum and dad just cant seem too shake it and I don't think they will shake it until the weather starts warming up,
sorry too hear you haven't been well it is terrible...
I had a year like that last year I had vertigo for months and couldn't get myself well...
and I was so frightened it would get it again this winter,
but so far so good...

hope your 100% better soon Tams..i feel for you.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Blitz wrote:I suspect Natasha is the carrier...that is why she is so healthy. :wink:

Kim

hahhahha
I think the birds keep me healthy and on top of everything...
im medicating myself with there meds...
they get everything from respiratory too worm tablets,
I haven't had worms for years... :oops: :oops:
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Tams » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:01 pm

oh, and Tinkabella, you asked about goal weight...I've been thinking about this.

I think I'm going to aim for 59kg. I've never been that weight as an adult, so I'm kinda assessing as I go, and see how that looks on me.

I think I believe in 'set-point' theory that the body has a natural weight it wants to be at (all things working correctly and not being abused), and I also don't believe in calorie restrictive eating in the extreme, or healthy food group restriction/exclusion for the sake of weight-loss, - I'm more comfortable with the idea of eating healthily in a way that is sustainable and healthful long-term. So that's why I'm assessing as I go. If I can get a consistently healthy eating pattern, I'd just like to see the 'by-product' of this (in terms of weight)...my enemy is sugar, and I have a tendency to go on binges when in physical or emotional pain, or when on 'holiday mentality', or when i'm tired. It's like 'a little is good, so more must be better' and totally ridiculous.

And lol - your birds Tinkabella. I have 2 gorgeous cats, one who has a chronic flu disease that we have to try to keep dormant. I've even started taking one of HIS supplements!!! (Don't worry, it is a human supplement I researched for use in cats. It works in him. I think it might help me...) :lol:
Tams

Postby Tams » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:47 am

First report...

wk0: Pm 62.4, Am 61.6
wk1: Pm 62.4, Am 60.9

Not too sure how reliable that number is, as for two days prior, I got 61.4, and a few days before those numbers I got 60.8, so anyway, we'll see if that was just a glitch next week! On the eating scale, better but definately not perfect...on some days not even good...so this week I need 'better' again. I'm a bit down on the usual exercise as my body has been unhappy (furious?) with me, so I had one day of complete rest on a day I normally exercise, and have lessened some of the other days. My body appreciated it - which is great, as it was getting to the stage where I couldn't remember a pain-free day and that was really wearing me down.

I have a photoshoot for work in a week and a half to inspire me for this week...

Ok, off to walk the cats!
Tams

Postby Blitz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:33 am

All of those numbers are within normal variation range...nothing to worry about really. :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 pm

Blitz wrote:Yeah...I got mine from Shelley or maybe Natasha. :wink:

Kim

My bad ;) Round two of antibiotics. It can stay away now!

Tams, good on you for making yourself accountable again. Having just gone through this horrid sickness Take II, I understand how hard it is to have any form of motivation. As you say, changing small things is better than trying to do everything at once (and then failing!)

Keep going :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Tams » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm

Thanks Shelley!!
Tams

Postby Tams » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Things I need to remember from the last 2 days:
1. So tired, tired, tired, and mountains to do and stressed. Cue brainless binge eating. Instead, front of mind needs to be 'I'm TIRED' (not hungry, not out of control) with the next thought 'I'll have a cup of tea'.
2. Sometimes, I have to ditch it all and have a rest. I need to remember that this is ok. And once I give myself permission to ditch it all...I can do good things for my body like some gentle pilates because my stress isn't screaming at me all the things I have to do so that I end up doing none of it in a mental stress spasm!
3. Go to BED. NOW.

Bye!
Tams

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress