It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:47 am

Free Newsletter

Tams Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Aw, thanks Blitz!
Tams
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 pm

No - credit where credit is due...you worked darn hard at it (and through sickness too) - so be proud of your achievement! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, I haven't worked at it at all this week. Instead, I worked on gluttony. Completely out of control. Not sure how to regain control or motivation. What I do know is that 'relaxing' has become completely synonymous with rubbish food - so I come home wrecked and exhausted, and eat (salt, sugar and fat). I'm guessing it has to do with the reward centers in the brain being encouraged that way...and therefore there is no fix for it other than to go 'cold turkey', just as a drug addict would have to do.

But where to find the motivation???


wk0: Pm 62.4, Am 61.6
wk1: Pm 62.4, Am 60.9
wk2: Pm 62.7, Am 61.1
wk3: Pm: 63.1, Am: 61.1
wk4: Pm: 62.3, Am: 61.1
wk5: pm: 62.6, Am 61.1 (the gluttony week)
Tams
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:18 am

Gosh - I wish that I can work on gluttony and still remain the same weight at the end of the week! :shock: :lol: :wink:

You may just find that your body is craving certain foods because of your recent illness. Sugar, salt and fat levels reserves in your body may just need restocking. Try to slowly regain your healthy choices...and make healthier choices of the things you crave. For example, instead of pure processed sugar foods try picking good complex sugar foods like apples etc. 8)

Work with your body...tame it...ride it with gentleness but don't let it gallop wildly to the hills!

You are looking good...keep that ship going steady! :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Sure hope so Blitz!

And yes, I'm going to tame the body, not flog it - good idea. Started last night by exercising just one tiny muscle of restraint, and refraining from the several stupid prompts to have yet more rubbish. It wasn't a good day by a long shot, but I kept telling myself it has to start somewhere, and once I've succeeded with the tiniest of steps, I'll feel better and gain a little bit more motivation for the next bit. I do feel more positive!

So today I'm aiming to not have anything rubbish all day, and then enjoy going out for dinner with hubby, without dessert. We are going Japanese, as it is one of things where I might be able to find something I am medically allowed to eat. I may have some sake though...just a little...!
Tams
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Blitz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:06 am

That's the way to go. Build success on achieved success rather than tackle the whole at once.

If you can't find something healthy and good to eat at a Japanese restaurant - then you just aren't looking! :lol:

Good work. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:03 am

Saturday achieved. But yesterday was a right-off food wise - I'm not feeling bad about it though, migraines are one good reason to eat rubbish. (Although thankfully I did restrain myself from too much junk at once, so it didnt tip the other way into junk induced sickness). And today was GOOD (food wise) :) Off to bed now.
Tams
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:40 am

One day at a time...each day at a time.

Good work. :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Fingers crossed as I post this week's update, that it really IS a TRUE weight. You see, weigh-in day is Fri. But today I weighed (AM) a whole 1.5kgs MORE. Too early to say what is going on...I've been sick again this week, and I barely ate on Thurs and drank a lot of green tea -so it could be dehydration for the Fri weigh-in and the sins of last week catching up with me for today's result. Then again, it could be the accumulation of meds that gave me today's high weigh-in? Oh well, time will tell. And I'm going to work HARD this week!! (I need a determined emoticon!)

wk0: Pm 62.4, Am 61.6
wk1: Pm 62.4, Am 60.9
wk2: Pm 62.7, Am 61.1
wk3: Pm: 63.1, Am: 61.1
wk4: Pm: 62.3, Am: 61.1
wk5: Pm: 62.6, Am 61.1 (the gluttony week)
wk6: Pm: 61.5, Am 61.0
Tams
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Tams Progress

Postby DD Diva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Tams wrote:Fingers crossed as I post this week's update, that it really IS a TRUE weight. You see, weigh-in day is Fri. But today I weighed (AM) a whole 1.5kgs MORE. Too early to say what is going on...I've been sick again this week, and I barely ate on Thurs and drank a lot of green tea -so it could be dehydration for the Fri weigh-in and the sins of last week catching up with me for today's result. Then again, it could be the accumulation of meds that gave me today's high weigh-in? Oh well, time will tell. And I'm going to work HARD this week!! (I need a determined emoticon!)

wk0: Pm 62.4, Am 61.6
wk1: Pm 62.4, Am 60.9
wk2: Pm 62.7, Am 61.1
wk3: Pm: 63.1, Am: 61.1
wk4: Pm: 62.3, Am: 61.1
wk5: Pm: 62.6, Am 61.1 (the gluttony week)
wk6: Pm: 61.5, Am 61.0

There's no doubt that your weight is pretty much at a "constant" perhaps this is where your body is the most comfortable???

Have you spoken to your doctor about any possible side effect (ie. weight fluctuation) from what he/she has prescribed?? It may simply be a case of him/her modifying the dosage or the type for you, especially if it (the gains) are causing you angst!! :(
DD Diva
 

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Blitz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:32 pm

That will by far mostly likely be liquid weight. Your body when it is feeling poorly will tend to hold on to as much liquid as possible (ready to use it to help fight off the germs)...nothing to be worried about at this stage. Your body is trying to look after you...relax! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Tams » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Phew, yeah, I knew I had to take the longer term view...and this morning I'm back down to 61.3. The meds I think were the culprit- nothing they can change up there, so it's just about me understanding the fluctuations they cause. The good news is I have had two healthy days (yesterday and today) YAY!!

My body really seems to like this 61-ish weight, hey?! Let's see what a determined week of 'healthy eating only' will do...
Tams
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Tams Progress

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Tams wrote:Phew, yeah, I knew I had to take the longer term view...and this morning I'm back down to 61.3. The meds I think were the culprit- nothing they can change up there, so it's just about me understanding the fluctuations they cause. The good news is I have had two healthy days (yesterday and today) YAY!!

My body really seems to like this 61-ish weight, hey?! Let's see what a determined week of 'healthy eating only' will do...

Guess after your `healthy eating only' week you still come up with 61-ish weight you'll know for sure your body prefers that range, which really wouldn't be too bad would it, I mean if you're feeling and looking better??!! :)
Basically, you don't want to aim too low and risk making yourself ill for the sake of a number on the scales; your health is far more important!!
DD Diva
 

Re: Tams Progress

Postby Blitz » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 am

I like to travel in a 3 kilo weight range (67kg to 70kg)...as that gives my body lots of leeway to do the stuff it needs to do. A few grams up or down is very normal for a body to do daily.
Worrying about normal movements like that can bend you out of shape...rather than being able to relax and enjoy life.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: Tams Progress

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:04 am

Blitz wrote:I like to travel in a 3 kilo weight range (67kg to 70kg)...as that gives my body lots of leeway to do the stuff it needs to do. A few grams up or down is very normal for a body to do daily.
Worrying about normal movements like that can bend you out of shape...rather than being able to relax and enjoy life.

Kim

Sounds like a good lee-way, especially as you say, the body can fluctuate significantly from one day to the next (or from morning to evening)!!! :shock:
DD Diva
 

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests