It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:56 am

Free Newsletter

Andy's Personal Progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Andy's Personal Progress.

Postby Cackleberry » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:45 am

Days on Diet: 1
Starting weight: 87.15 Kg
Current Weight: 85.75 Kg
Total Loss: 1.4 Kg
Goal Weight: 78-79 Kg
To Go: 7.75 Kg.

Whoa!!! :shock: Fantastic work! :D
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 am

AndyJ wrote:Days on Diet: 1

Pretty awesome going there Andy! But then I'm not surprised, you seem to power through whenever you get your mojo back!!! :lol: Keep up the good work, you'll be back to your old/new self again in next to no time!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby AndyJ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 am

DD Diva wrote:
AndyJ wrote:Days on Diet: 1

Pretty awesome going there Andy! But then I'm not surprised, you seem to power through whenever you get your mojo back!!! :lol: Keep up the good work, you'll be back to your old/new self again in next to no time!!! :wink:

My body has always seem to do the same thing.

I always been able to drop down to about 82Kg with ease, that weight is my bodies set point, it is what my body is really comfortable with and can maintain with ease. I go back to work on the 25th of this month, I will be back to that weight with no problem, actually would not be surprised if I ain't around the 80Kg mark.

I guess the decision I have to make is, do I settle at 82Kg and be happy where my body loves it the most, or do I work harder and be slimmer, and have to keep working to maintain.

One of the girls at work (whom I am in love with, sadly), said to me once, when I was about that 82Kg mark, she said to stop losing weight, no girl wants a skinny scrawny guy.

Now she is a perfectionist, does the whole make up thing, love to always to appear her best. She said I look my best is at around that 82Kg mark.
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:14 am

AndyJ wrote: One of the girls at work (whom I am in love with, sadly), said to me once, when I was about that 82Kg mark, she said to stop losing weight, no girl wants a skinny scrawny guy.

Now she is a perfectionist, does the whole make up thing, love to always to appear her best. She said I look my best is at around that 82Kg mark.

Wow Andy!!! :D I'm gobsmacked to hear you're "in love" because you seemed so adamant in an earlier post where you almost vowed to steer clear of women! So glad to hear that the girls stand a fighting chance to win your heart, and THIS TIME treat you with the love and respect you deserve. I am very happy for you, and I am really hoping that this fair maiden will reciprocate your attention (which it seems, from her comment about you looking you "best at 82kg") that she may??? :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby AndyJ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:21 am

DD Diva wrote:Wow Andy!!! :D I'm gobsmacked to hear you're "in love" because you seemed so adamant in an earlier post where you almost vowed to steer clear of women! So glad to hear that the girls stand a fighting chance to win your heart, and THIS TIME treat you with the love and respect you deserve. I am very happy for you, and I am really hoping that this fair maiden will reciprocate your attention (which it seems, from her comment about you looking you "best at 82kg") that she may??? :wink: :D

This girl and I will never be together, we have fought for years at work, giving each other grief at every opportunity. I have always been fond of her, for a long time, I have slowly got closer to her, by closer I mean we have conversations that are some what meaningful. She is not a relationship type of girl, and if she was, the guy would have to be buff, muscly, ripped and have tatts. I'm not her "type".

Does not mean I can't admire her from a distance. I would not say I am "In Love" as such, I love the girl and if anything ever happened to her I would be upset and wanting to help. But you know..
AndyJ

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:26 am

AndyJ wrote: This girl and I will never be together, we have fought for years at work, giving each other grief at every opportunity. I have always been fond of her, for a long time, I have slowly got closer to her, by closer I mean we have conversations that are some what meaningful. She is not a relationship type of girl, and if she was, the guy would have to be buff, muscly, ripped and have tatts. I'm not her "type".

Does not mean I can't admire her from a distance. I would not say I am "In Love" as such, I love the girl and if anything ever happened to her I would be upset and wanting to help. But you know..

Well if she doesn't return the feelings, enjoy her friendship and (who knows maybe one day?) but if not it will definitely be her loss!! :roll:
In the meantime, learn to love (and be kind) to yourself; you deserve it Andy!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 am

Don't sell your self sort Andy...you can never tell what is lurking in those female heads.
I remember years ago when I was working in a large department store there was a group of us guys and gals about the same age.
Of the girls there was one that I particularly fancied but didn't make the move...thinking there was no interest on her part.
One of the other guys made the move and they ended up in a serious way together (later marrying).
One day we were all hanging around, shooting the breeze and talking about how we all first met (it was a new shop and we all started at the same time). Somehow the conversation turned into who was attracted to who...and she confessed that she had fancied me! Geesh!...if only I had known then...history would have been differently written! :lol:

As for that full time job Andy...attitude and confidence is more than half the battle. You got to think winner no matter what.
My first job interview is a good case in point.
Absolutely no experience in the retail field...just fresh from flanking out of art school.
I had just returned home on the bus after going to check the job boards at the employment office.
Mum greets me at the front door telling me that the employment office just rang and that I had an interview now...and I could just make it if I got the next bus -right now!
So I turned around and caught two buses and got to the interview slightly late. Gave a confident interview.
The man did point out to me that the job required me to wear a shirt and tie...I had fronted up to the interview in wool knitted multicolour open necked top (this was mid 70's after all). I explained that I had rushed to the interview and that was why I wasn't wearing one (actually hadn't even thought about it).
I then thought I had better explain why I was wearing sunglasses during the interview. So I removed the sunglasses, revealing a black eye and stitches and explained that I had got them from falling off a waterfall that previous weekend!
At the conclusion of the interview, the man asked if I had any questions...so I asked him when do I start!...that took him aback a bit as he explained that he had a few others to interview still but he will let me know either way as soon as possible. I hadn't even considered the possibility that I wasn't the only applicant for the job.
I got the job the following day.
So you can see - attitude and confidence can triumph over substance. Sell yourself. You don't have to believe it...fake it until it becomes a reality!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Cackleberry » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:57 am

How's it going Andy?

You are right Kim. I was watching a show on youtube the other week. Can't remember the name of it but it was about giving a girl enough confidence and giving her a makeover etc to tell the guy she's had a crush on that she fancies him. Usually it would be mates they've known for years and didn't know how to tell them. More times than not, the guy is totally taken aback and confesses that he also has had a crush on her all that time as well. They end up being a happy couple. So, Andy, you just never do know :D
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Blitz » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:01 am

Hey Andy - how are you travelling? I'm not so worried about your weight loss so much as your head space...are you feeding your brain with positive drives? Let us know so that we can help get your head into the right gear. 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:56 am

Blitz wrote:Hey Andy - how are you travelling? I'm not so worried about your weight loss so much as your head space...are you feeding your brain with positive drives? Let us know so that we can help get your head into the right gear. 8)

Kim

Here here!! Andy, you okay????? Miss not hearing from you!!! :cry:
DD Diva

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:03 am

I'm not her "type".

I'm going to offer my inexpert but fairly informed opinion.

For women, attraction is less about preferred types and more about being attracted to guys who attract them. Confidence, humour and physical health, in that order. The order tends to be reversed for men when considering women, because we tend to be more visual.

Don't try to fake confidence, you have to be it, and exude it in every way. Faking won't work around them, as they can detect a fake as easily as a lion could detect a lame zebra.

Also, don't be a supplicant, since women can detect a doormat from 50 paces.

I think that her telling you to not lose too much weight was a subtle exercise of control over you. At this point in time I'd suggest the best chance you have to pique her interest is to not need her interest. Women have a built-in Neediness Avoidance Radar.
CronicBadger

Postby DD Diva » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:51 am

CronicBadger wrote:
I'm not her "type".

I'm going to offer my inexpert but fairly informed opinion.

For women, attraction is less about preferred types and more about being attracted to guys who attract them. Confidence, humour and physical health, in that order. The order tends to be reversed for men when considering women, because we tend to be more visual.

Don't try to fake confidence, you have to be it, and exude it in every way. Faking won't work around them, as they can detect a fake as easily as a lion could detect a lame zebra.

Also, don't be a supplicant, since women can detect a doormat from 50 paces.

I think that her telling you to not lose too much weight was a subtle exercise of control over you. At this point in time I'd suggest the best chance you have to pique her interest is to not need her interest. Women have a built-in Neediness Avoidance Radar.

Brilliant post and sound advice CB!!! :wink:
You obviously know women well, and you're absolutely right!!! :wink: We (women) do and can smell "desperate", "needy" and "doormat" types from streets away forcing us to turn in the opposite direction to where the scent is emanating from!!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Sassyt » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi Andy
I have literally read through your whole journey all 12 pages of it and the way you go on loosing weight is so inspiring, it somehow brought a glimpse of hope on my journey to know that it is doable as long as you put your mind to it. I hope you are doing good and hope to hear from you soon.

Hehee I have to echo the above comments about the girl you are inlove with might just be at your fingertip just go for it you may never know. :)

Looking forward to seeing you back here.
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby AndyJ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:47 am

Well..

Complete failure.

I hit major depression again, and of cause turned to food, and lots of it.

I don't know how much I weigh, but I have gained it all back nearly, can tell by my pants I have had to buy.

Battling my depression is so hard, I lost desire to do anything.

Also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, which comes and goes as well. Which caused depression itself, makes it so hard to do exercise, as it is painful, and I turned to food, which releases endorphin's , so I guess food was my pain killer.

I am going to try again, try battle depression and get through this.

I am also Autistic slightly (aspergers), so that is fun also..

:(
AndyJ

Postby Tams » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:06 am

Try, try again.

You've got some additional stuff that makes it more difficult than the 'normal' person, but one day at a time. I also battle with several handicaps, and almost everyone I know has no idea, or no complete idea (I let very few know). It's certainly not easy. I certainly do not live a 'normal' life, but the achievements I make are HUGE when we understand the start point/constant conditions. So despite everything, just go for it bit by bit. And man, if a guy with no leg can still dance - and a girl in a wheelchair no less!! (two things I've seen this year) - then for heck sure I'm going to give stuff a shot...I have to keep reminding myself!!

Make sure you do what you can for yourself medically. There have been some big advancements in the link between chronic pain and mental (ill)health in the last 5 years - long overdue. Keep looking for the right practitioners (many poor ones, only a few good ones, but they do exist). And also remember that while we can 'medicate' our pain with food in a negative sense, we can also medicate our health with food and exercise. For example, fish oil and exercise both help depression. There are a bunch of foods that are anti-inflammatory (berries, green leafy veg). When I focus on the health of eating, I generally do better with my weightloss, because with every moment, and every chosen mouthful, I'm going forward, weightloss or not (the numbers come a bit later...!)

Best wishes
Tams

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress