It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:50 am

Free Newsletter

Andy's Personal Progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Andy's Personal Progress.

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Good work Andy. 8)

How is your body coping? Does it feel full of vigour or drained?

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Blitz wrote:Good work Andy. 8)

Kim

SOS Kim,
I think Andy needs your voice of reason, your calm and your pearls of wisdom. His body is fine, but the poor thing is down, so down that he feels he has no right to complain, but of course (I know) he has every right. Life's tough, and there is always someone else out there better and worse off than each of us.
I really feel for you Andy, you've done soooooooooooooo well, please don't feel down on yourself; believe in yourself and how far you've come and keep the faith!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:05 am

DD Diva wrote:SOS Kim,
I think Andy needs your voice of reason, your calm and your pearls of wisdom.

Voice of reason - my calm - my pearls of wisdom???...Geeze he's in trouble if he's looking to me then! :shock: :lol: :wink:

There's a guy I knew (not well...just an acquaintance). He spend many years being a missionary in New Guinea in a small village helping as best as he could and translating the Bible into their language. He put his heart and life into these people. He got skin cancer, most probably from the hash sun there. He and his wife returned to Perth. He had surgery to cut the cancer from his face. Agaiin it spread...more surgery. Every time the surgeons thought they had got it...they found more cancer. Pretty soon most of his lower face was missing. Then one of his eyes was removed. The other eye was also in danger...his vision was greatly reduced. Around that time I invited him to speak at our church. He read from his notes with a giant magnifying glass - looking at the page from about about 5cm away from it. He talked opening of his life, his work and his passion for the tribes of that part of New Guinea. His love for life and his ministry was clear.

He lived in near my house and I would often see him walking the streets with a white cane and his hideous looking face covered up as I drove past in my car. The cancer spend again...the other eye and more of his face was taken. On the streets I would see him walking with his wife leading him. Finally, his cancer spread all over his body. More treatment...but time was running out...he died.

I had watched his life from a safe distance. I had seen his faithfulness to his God and his love of life and people. When I feel sorry for myself because things aren't working out how I thought it ought to...I think of this man - this modern day Job...and how he took all that pain and suffering without complaint. How he counted his blessings...and then I realise that I should stop my complaining. Compared to him (and many others) I've got nothing to complain about.

Count you blessings - if you thought about it long enough you would be surprised by how many there are.
This man did. I do now. Time you did too.

Kim
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:20 am

This mornings weight in.

78.75 Kg
High : 136 Kg (Oct 2006)
Low : 76.6 Kg (Mar 2007)
Current : 87.15 Kg (13th Aug 2014)
Goals. : 78-79kg Kg
Maximum Allowed: 81 Kg
AndyJ

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 pm

I have come down with a cold it seems, sinus issues, my left ear is quite painful and what not.

Would the advice be to rest up, no exercise but maintain my healthy eating?
AndyJ

Postby DD Diva » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:14 pm

AndyJ wrote:I have come down with a cold it seems, sinus issues, my left ear is quite painful and what not.

Would the advice be to rest up, no exercise but maintain my healthy eating?

Those funny things that stick out on either side of our heads actually help to keep us balanced. :roll: So if you're feeling discomfort in either of them, this will affect your mobility.
So my (non-medical) advice would be to look after your well being by staying off your feet, keeping your fluids up and trying and get some sleep.
DD Diva

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:18 pm

DD Diva wrote:Those funny things that stick out on either side of our heads actually help to keep us balanced. :roll: So if you're feeling discomfort in either of them, this will affect your mobility.
So my (non-medical) advice would be to look after your well being by staying off your feet, keeping your fluids up and trying and get some sleep.

Yeah, don't need to be a doctor I guess to do the sensible thing. I just feel so guilty not exercising, horrid feeling.
AndyJ

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Blitz wrote:Good work Andy. 8)

Kim

Yesterday horrible, turns out i had a visus and could be the problem..

So now it is rest. No exercise.
AndyJ

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 pm

One of the symptoms of this current flu that is going around is stuffed up sinus. The good news is that symptom doesn't hang around too long...the bad news is the other symptoms do!

The best way to go is too drink plenty of liquid and get plenty of rest. If your body is fevered, don't worry about that too much as it is good news for your calorie burn rate. Your body is fighting the flu and using extra calories to do that.
As for exercise I personally would still do some. Most people just want to drop and die but have found that if you can get past that understandable inertia that exercise will help relieve the symptoms. I have found that the first 10 minutes on the exercise bike I'm cough like a heavy smoker in the morning but by the time I've done 90 minutes I'm feeling really fine. No sniffles, headache or coughing. I think that the deep breathing during exercise really helps the lungs out. If you decide to do exercise, do remember to pace yourself. The exercise I do when sick is moderately paced...don't go planning any world record times - that could kill you! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Blitz wrote:One of the symptoms of this current flu that is going around is stuffed up sinus. The good news is that symptom doesn't hang around too long...the bad news is the other symptoms do!

The best way to go is too drink plenty of liquid and get plenty of rest. If your body is fevered, don't worry about that too much as it is good news for your calorie burn rate. Your body is fighting the flu and using extra calories to do that.
As for exercise I personally would still do some. Most people just want to drop and die but have found that if you can get past that understandable inertia that exercise will help relieve the symptoms. I have found that the first 10 minutes on the exercise bike I'm cough like a heavy smoker in the morning but by the time I've done 90 minutes I'm feeling really fine. No sniffles, headache or coughing. I think that the deep breathing during exercise really helps the lungs out. If you decide to do exercise, do remember to pace yourself. The exercise I do when sick is moderately paced...don't go planning any world record times - that could kill you! :lol:

Kim

Well, I ate well today, stuck to my diet plan and managed a 5km walk. So I did something at least.

Weighing myself in the morning will be interesting.
AndyJ

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Don't get too panicked with the weigh in tomorrow.
You will probably find a lot of fluid retention is happening at the moment. Perfectly natural...frustrating yes...but perfectly natural!

Kim
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Blitz wrote:Don't get too panicked with the weigh in tomorrow.
You will probably find a lot of fluid retention is happening at the moment. Perfectly natural...frustrating yes...but perfectly natural!

Kim

This will probably explain me only dropping 150grams the night before. Where as I would normally drop more. If I eat to my plan, and do 10km as I did last night, I always drop around 400-500grams next day.
AndyJ

Postby Blitz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 pm

That's why weight loss is more an art form than a science.
Sometimes the unknowns can skew our expectations...and mess with our minds!
Observation and experience teaches us the art and with that comes a more relaxed view of what is happening (that relaxed - but not slack!). 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby AndyJ » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:28 am

Weigh in this morning.

78.65 Kg

Hate being sick, I know it is still a 100g loss, but still not happy..
AndyJ

Postby DD Diva » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 am

AndyJ wrote:Weigh in this morning.

78.65 Kg

Hate being sick, I know it is still a 100g loss, but still not happy..

Andy, a loss is a loss and even 100g is always better off than on.
What's more concerning though is that you're not well. Do be sure to look after yourself and concentrate on getting better.
DD Diva

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress