It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

The road to a better Rocca

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

The road to a better Rocca

Postby Rocca » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:44 am

I thought I would begin a thread here for progress/diary/weigh-ins/story/confessions/etc. So many forum topics to choose from but I thought this would be the best place for an all-round tracker to keep me accountable throughout my journey.

So as I said in my introductory post, I'm 28, 5'3 and "officially" started my weight loss a few weeks ago with my first weigh-in on Wed 17/09/2014.
Here is my progress so far:
Start weight: 85.7kg
End week 1: 84.3kg (1.4kg loss)
End week 2: 84.2kg (0.1kg loss)
Total loss since SW: 1.5kg

My ticker currently says a 1.9kg loss because after the low loss in week 2 I did a sneaky weigh-in a few days into week 3 and was so pleased to see 83 at the beginning that I had to record it. Week 2's low result is mainly due to doing a terrible job of keeping my calories down over that weekend, but a loss is a loss so I was happy. The plan is to only record my weight once a week on a Wednesday morning, but I do an occasional sneaky trip to the scales once or twice in the week just to make sure I am doing enough and am on-track for a loss by Wed. Having a set weigh-in day gives me something to work towards, and being on a Wed also gives me a chance to make up for the weekend slips. So tomorrow is my next weigh-in and I'm really looking forward to it!

I started doing a tiny bit of exercise this week - 30 mins on Sunday and again yesterday. Work also has a "take the stairs" challenge going on this month and since I work on the third floor this will help. I have a gym membership that I haven't used for almost a year so I'm keen to work my way back in there. It's so intimidating with all the fit stare bears but I just need to stop caring what they think and do what I know is good for me. At the same time I need to not commit to too much too soon as that didn't work last time. I'm aiming to go tonight but if I opt for another 30 mins at home instead, I won't hold it against myself.

Last night my partner wanted to order Thai but I declined. Woohoo. I was thinking, if I get Thai, I will have to make a choice like a salad (not a fan of salads for dinner). But if I don't get Thai, I can have one of my Lite N Easy dinners (which I actually quite like) so I was proud of my resistance and reasoning. In the past I would have rationalised with "it's only one night, I'll make up for it tomorrow" or felt bad that he had to order alone. I'll confess I did have a few spoonfuls of his fried rice but still kept to my calorie limit for the day!

One thing I do want to document for my future self is all the things in life that are harder or worse because of the extra weight, and all the things that change/improve due to the weight loss. The small things that I know I will forget to appreciate. When I was 61kg and a size 12 four years ago I still wasn't entirely happy with my weight because I wanted to be a size 10. Now I look at old pics of myself and think I look great and can't wait to look like that again. I do remember feeling so much more comfortable in my clothes though, so it's those things about being bigger that I want to remember.

One thing I've noticed in just the last few weeks is my skin. I had bad acne as a teen and although much better, it's followed me all the way through my 20s. But cutting out 90% of the junk food I was eating in just the last few weeks has made a huge difference to my skin. I've typically got one spot going at a time but they are much less angry. I know the positives will just keep on coming.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with you. It is great to have a space to come to where people are genuinely happy for you. A lot of people in your life can be jealous of your weight loss, usually if they are overweight themselves, and it's hard to boast about your successes to them. So thanks. :)
Rocca

Re: The road to a better Rocca

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Nothing like a poor second week to motivate you to finally start your exercise! :lol:

You will find that your weight loss will fall into some general patterns. One of those patterns is that a good week is followed (most times but not always) by a less than good week. Don't get too discouraged by those weeks as they should be treated as body recovery/processing weeks (so long as you are doing the right things).

If you keep plodding through the good and the bad by always striving to move forward you will reach goal before you know it. When you start out, goal weight seems so far away but you will be surprised just how quickly all those little weekly numbers add up to big results. :D

Don't worry about the fit stair bears...they are not elitist sorts at all. Anyone who joins them on the stairs is admitted into the inner circle of those who are dinkum about being fit! 8)

Weight loss (and the maintenance after it) is about figuring out how to make a healthy lifestyle fit into your life...that works in your life. Most people (who do formal diets and exercise regimes) fail in that endeavour because they are trying to fit someone else's lifestyle into their lives. You have to make it your own...no cookie cutter approach will work long term. You have to make changes in your life that you can live with. Food and exercise have to be worked into the demands of your life. That will require creativity and honesty. It is a harder road but one that will deliver success in the end.

Love the title you have chosen to use in this thread. The Road to a Better Rocca is precisely what it is all about! 8) :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:18 am

Weigh-in day! And happy it's a "good week" Kim!

End of week 3: 82.6kg (1.6kg loss)
Loss since SW: 3.1kg

I didn't go to the gym last night as I wasn't feeling 100%. I got a headache and was feeling a bit weak. I took it as my body not coping well with the low amount of cals I'd had during the day so I made sure to get a healthy meal into me instead of pushing it to exercise. I felt much better after eating. I have clinical pilates tonight so that will be an hour of exercise.

More than happy to have small, more natural losses and watch my weight get closer and closer to the goal. Don't mind at all having a "less than good" week, probably as long as I don't gain. At the moment I'm excited to get back into the 70s which I hope I'll see in a few weeks. I know it's easier at the start so I'll need to start pushing myself to climb down the 70s. The 80s was about getting my cravings under control.

Lol Kim I meant stare bears because they stare at me! But I know we are all there because we want the same thing - to be fit and healthy. And maybe some of them are just looking and thinking, "I remember when that used to be me"! Or maybe "good on her!"... It doesn't matter anyway.

I had a question for the ladies if anyone's reading... How does 'that time' affect your weight loss?
Rocca

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:34 pm

A good result Rocca...good work for getting it. 8)

Perhaps a more apt name for them should be - Stair Stare Bears. :lol:
There I was thinking that you mixed up your spelling of the word. :oops:

Weight loss is essentially the process of stressing the body enough to make it surrender that stored up fat but not too far as to cause it to break down. That is why I consider weight loss more an art than a science. A scientist knows how to make a paint colour with precision but it is the artist who can lay the colours well enough to create a beautiful painting. As you gain more and more experience you will develop skills so that you will mix great colours and but also know how to apply them in such a way as to make the best You possible.

Headache are often a sign not so much of low calorie intake but not enough water in the system. With your exercise and your body processing the fat loss, you may find that you will need more liquid in your system than previously. Drink more water...if that is hard going try favouring it with orange or lemon juice (mix it like it was a cordial). Teas and coffees are good too. Make consumption moderate, leave the sugar out of them and keep the milk minimal.

As for the "time of the month" I'll leave others more qualified to talk about it. But from observation, there is a lot of talk about chocolate cravings from the ladies of this Forum...personally I think it is a bit of an excuse for a some indulgent "comfort eating". :roll: :wink:

Good work this week...now prove my theory wrong by getting an even better result next week! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Well done Rocca,

That's a great loss for the week!! You should be very proud of yourself!! :wink:

I've just recently joined a gym, and up till now wasn't game because I felt the beautiful people would make me feel uncomfortable with their stares!!! I thought it would be easier to wait till I felt confident, but I was wrong to stay away out of fear of intimidation!! :roll: From what I've found people don't even notice you, and in fact, if they do they're most probably (as I myself have done when I see an overweight person working out) applauding them silently thinking "good on you for doing something about your weight/health!" :wink:

As time has passed I've stopped caring what people think, and as I shrink and my confidence continues to expand, I care less and less how people perceive me and focus on the more important things like getting healthier and enjoying a better quality of life each day!!! :D

With regards to "that time" unfortunately that bypassed me a few years ago now but from memory I do recall it was harder just before. Even with that stuff done and dusted for me, chocolate/sweet cravings or just an increased appetite for any food is indicative of a drop in blood sugar and the body's call to replenish the deficit! So don't try and fight it, give in a little (if you really can't keep it to just healthy snacks) but don't use this need as a licence to go crazy!! :shock:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:39 am

I was in a regular drama class many years ago. The acting coach addressed the class's young women gingerly about a delicate matter.
He suggested since a lot of the drama exercises and activities involved crawling about on the floor that it might be a good idea for modesty's sake that they not wear short dresses as the guys might look up them. I'll never forget what one young budding actress then said in a very dead panned matter of fact voice; "If they look - it's their own bloody fault!" :shock: :lol:

One late night during my weight loss journey I jogged past a trio of teenagers. I could hear their snickers above the music on my ipod. I didn't let it get to me. By that time I had lost many kilos already but also I knew something else that they didn't. When I was their age I was just as skinny as they were now (indeed even skinnier)...and statically down the road they had every chance find themselves overweight one day. So too, one day they could find themselves jogging in front of some stupid teenagers. :lol:

Life is too short to worry about what others think of you.
Kim
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:55 am

Thanks for the encouragement you two - and thanks for the pressure to have a loss higher than 1.6kg next week Kim!! I'm only aiming for 1kg a week! But s'pose it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra in the bank.
And me? Mix up spelling? You must have me confused with some kind of non-grammar/spelling freak. :lol: :P

Love what you said about the teenagers Kim, so true! What a waterfall of stories you have! (Many years ago a friend once said something about having a "waterfall of lettuce" to describe having a whole heap of lettuce... I love to use that now when talking about a lot of something!)

I was in the local burger shop a couple of weeks ago (the boyfriend wanted one, I was abstaining!) and a very overweight man came in to collect a takeaway burger and I heard someone make a comment... I can't remember the exact comment but you can probably imagine. Seems like it's an accepted part of society that you can comment on others' weight. Personally I think most people do it just to make themselves feel better, thinking, "at least I'm not as big as him". I'll admit the old me has been guilty of comparing myself to other overweight people at times when I knew I was too big but was trying to make myself feel OK about it. But it's such a shame that people would comment or laugh at an overweight person doing exercise. I feel like I want to high five someone when I see them exercising (but I don't in case it comes across as patronising). Teens are in their own worlds all about themselves though. We know, we were all one! :roll:

You are both right about not caring what people think though. DD you were having the same thoughts I am about the gym, but I've overcome my gym fears before so I will again.
I worked hard at pilates last night. I don't mind doing exercise at all while I'm doing it, it's just beforehand I think how much more I would prefer to relax on the couch. I almost bailed last night when I realised I didn't have to go because I'd forgotten to book in. But I only let myself consider it for a second before I picked up the phone.

With the headache the other night I knew something was off. I'm a bit prone to getting headaches so I usually have an idea of what's caused it. It came on really quickly and I felt quite faint... It may not have been from low cals but I knew it definitely wasn't a time for exercise.
I'm pretty good with liquids - I drink 2L of water a day, plus 1-2 green teas. If I get sick of plain water, I have a couple of glasses of carbonated water (we have a SodaStream), sometimes with lime or lemon and that's my soft drink. Luckily I've never been a "soft drinker", so that isn't hard to cut out. On weekends while I'm home I treat myself to 100% fruit juice - but it's all included in my calorie limit!

Sparkling water has been my saviour in the drinking world. I'm happy to swap alcohol for it too. Popcorn has been my saviour on the food side. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I crave savoury/salty like crazy! I owe my weight gain to potato chips. I've had to completely cut them out. I don't know how to only have a few. I miss them but popcorn has been a satisfactory replacement and so much lower in calories. I know how to have a sensible amount of popcorn and only use it when I have a strong craving. I usually pop my own but if I buy the microwave stuff from the supermarket I get the light one. Do you have healthier snacks you have replaced your weaknesses with?

In my previous posts I said I want to remember the crappy things about being this weight so that I don't come back. I'm calling these my Reality Checks. Today's Reality Check:
One thing about being so unhappy being overweight (obese!) is I can't tell how much it's bringing down the other parts of my life. Like, am I unhappy with my relationship, or is it just because I don't like who I am? Am I unhappy in my job, or is it just because I don't have any confidence? I can't judge what's good (and what's not) in the rest of my life because there's a huge dark cloud overshadowing everything. I don't feel like I can make decisions about changing things in my life unless I know they are what's actually causing the unhappiness... So I can't wait to have a better, stronger me to have a clearer view of everything around me.

Thought I should set some mini goals, just to get them out there.
The first milestone I want to hit is 79.9kgs. I want to see this by or at my week 6 weigh-in (3 weeks away).
The next one after that is a BMI of 29.9. That will come a few weeks later.
I'm not so worried about getting to these within a certain time but they are what I'm working towards and will be my next big woohoos. :)
Rocca

Postby Blitz » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:26 am

Rocca wrote:One thing I've noticed in just the last few weeks is my skin. I had bad acne as a teen and although much better, it's followed me all the way through my 20s. But cutting out 90% of the junk food I was eating in just the last few weeks has made a huge difference to my skin.

One of the surprise benefits of weight loss for me was how much better my skin became. I was over 50 and still getting good sized regular pimples with a nose that was seabed of pimples and blackheads. Now a thing of the past...nose is shiny and bright and clear as can be. If I had known that eating healthily and sweaty exercise could produce such a result I would have done it years ago.

Rocca wrote:Thanks for the encouragement you two - and thanks for the pressure to have a loss higher than 1.6kg next week Kim!! I'm only aiming for 1kg a week! But s'pose it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra in the bank.

You will want to be trying to bank as much as you can now because when you get to the pointy end of weight loss - every gram is will be tougher going.

Rocca wrote:Love what you said about the teenagers Kim, so true! What a waterfall of stories you have! (Many years ago a friend once said something about having a "waterfall of lettuce" to describe having a whole heap of lettuce... I love to use that now when talking about a lot of something!)

A waterfall of stories...love the description. A whole heap of stories...some people would just say I talk a whole heap of :shock: ... :oops: :wink:

Rocca wrote: Seems like it's an accepted part of society that you can comment on others' weight....
But it's such a shame that people would comment or laugh at an overweight person doing exercise. I feel like I want to high five someone when I see them exercising...

The bigger you are - the more comments you cop. I've got some of stories that would make your hair curl. In our society it is politically incorrect to comment on a person's race, gender, religious belief and disability yet being fat is fair game.
I have stopped overweight people on the street to encourage them. :shock: Most looked confused when I do until I tell them a bit of my story. :lol:

Rocca wrote:Do you have healthier snacks you have replaced your weaknesses with?

Apples, bananas, sultanas, almonds and dark chocolate. All in moderation - especially the dark chocolate (actually when I was losing weight I didn't have it at all - now in maintenance I ration myself to two healthy squares a day).

Rocca wrote:Thought I should set some mini goals, just to get them out there.
The first milestone I want to hit is 79.9kgs. I want to see this by or at my week 6 weigh-in (3 weeks away).
The next one after that is a BMI of 29.9. That will come a few weeks later.
I'm not so worried about getting to these within a certain time but they are what I'm working towards and will be my next big woohoos. :)

Excellent mini goals and you have got the right approach to them. Use them as spurs to spur you along but not whips to beat yourself up over! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Soo noticing a bit of a pattern with my new eating regime. I'm very hungry by 5pm and keen to get home to have dinner. I have an afternoon snack around 3/3:30 (yoghurt or apple) or but I still seem to be starving by the time I get home. Even though I end up having dinner early (6pm), I can last all night without needing anything else before bed, so it's not much of an issue. BUT. It means that even though I pump myself up during the day to exercise after work, by the time it gets to 5, I'm too hungry to consider exercise and then after I have dinner, it's too soon after food to be exercising and I've slipped into "wind down for the day" mode. Now I know all of this sounds like excuses and I just need to suck it up, but I'm keen to tackle this methodically. Without a plan that makes sense, I won't stick to it.

So that leads me into a question. I'm sure there's plenty of info available online about this, but looking for opinions...
Is it better to eat before or after exercise? And if it's OK to eat before (which would suit my above predicament just fine), I'd be aiming for some kind of snack, so what's best to go for to get the best out of my work out? I don't want to just burn off the calories I just ate, but I want to have enough energy to give it everything I've got.

Also having a snack just before 5 would mean I probably have to shift my afternoon snack back to this time. Should I just push my morning snack and lunch out as well so that there's not a huge gap between lunch and afternoon snack?
Rocca

Postby Tams » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:52 pm

From my experience, if you're working hard, you don't want to eat substantially for about 2hrs pre-work out (because you feel full and can feel sick). Obviously, you'll find out if this is true for you and what timing you can get away with.

From a weight loss perspective, I can't really answer, as I tend to eat to fuel my body and stop being hungry with the aim of doing this in the most healthful manner - because my head is better if Im thinking forward aka health, rather than being consumed with a limiting mentality. But I'm sure someone can give the the 'skinny' on this.

For my purposes (go longer, healthy, and stave of hunger) I use about 6 nuts and 4 crackers, or a smoothy with full cream milk and a banana. Both of these options have good fats, which also stop you feeling hungry in addition to their health properties, and are full of protein which staves off hunger for longer. The banana is good for energy and magnesium for your muscles. They are both low GI so no spike and drop in energy. I often slam this down before work, so only 20mins before moderate exercise (dance teacher) and can get about 2-3hrs more with this snack, doing light-moderate exercise in these 2-3hrs (I will have already done 1hr of hard core and 1hr of pilates in my day). I'm usually hungry again by the 3-4th hour though. The other tactic I sometimes do is eat around 4-5 small meals in the day. I did this yesterday when I was so busy I couldn't sit down for longer than 5 mins to eat, but had already prepared my food - so I ate small serves of it at around 3-4 hr intervals.

In terms of your snacks and staying fuller for longer, check the GI or the sugar. If your yoghurt is natural yoghurt (unsweetened), this will be a great snack as the dairy is full of protein so it has that lasting power (plus you need 3 serves a day to get your calcium requirements, and dairy has a weight-loss property). I have read that low fat versions aren't as good for us on the skinny front as they take away the satiety of the good fats, while leaving the sugar of the milk - so without the balance of the fat, the sugar makes you get hungrier earlier. From personal experience, I'd have to say I'm happier (and not heavier!! Was actually shocked!) on full fat dairy, so I believe this one for my body. Maybe try combining your fruit with natural yoghurt? If you need sweetness, you can add it yourself so you know exactly how much rather than the disguised amounts in sweetened yoghurts (staggeringly high).
Tams

Postby DD Diva » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Rocca wrote:Is it better to eat before or after exercise? And if it's OK to eat before (which would suit my above predicament just fine), I'd be aiming for some kind of snack, so what's best to go for to get the best out of my work out? I don't want to just burn off the calories I just ate, but I want to have enough energy to give it everything I've got.

Also having a snack just before 5 would mean I probably have to shift my afternoon snack back to this time. Should I just push my morning snack and lunch out as well so that there's not a huge gap between lunch and afternoon snack?

I think you should exercise whenever you can spare the time, and sometimes that may be not long after you've eaten. The human body is an amazing machine capable of storing what it needs, for as long as it needs it and disposing of that which is of little value!! How often have you heard marathon runners talk about loading up on carbs before they hit the track? But more importantly, how many of them reported being ill afterword for doing it? Of course if you exercise on an empty stomach you minimise the possibility of feeling ill but at the same time you're increasing the chance of being even more raveness as well!! I think as long as what you've eaten was moderate and it wasn't a gorge fest of the greasies you'll be fine! It's true that the body burns fat more first thing in the morning and hours after your evening meal but that doesn't mean it goes on strike in between these times (when your stomach isn't empty). As for what to eat, I believe the best snack before exercise should be simple, satisfying and above all, sugarfree!! :wink:

With regard to moving snack times, I'm afraid I don't believe in the mini-graze health propaganda used to promote eating "6 smaller meals" in place of 3 to boost the metabolism. That's nonsense in my opinion, and it sounds like your body agrees it is too. Why not eat 3 satisfying meals and minimise the cravings to snack?? The reason you're probably green with hunger between 3-5pm is because your lunch wasn't enough and your body's obviously screaming for nourishment. You should have satisfying meals that will tide you over to the next without the need to snack, and if you're feeling hungry between meals maybe, instead king of focussing on when to eat your next bit of food, you may be best reviewing what you just ate in your last meal!! Bottom line, eat well (to fill yourself) but on healthy foods!
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:44 am

You are asking the important questions. This is all about coming to grips with your new healthy lifestyle. Learning how to create it and how to make it work in the context of your life's demands. 8)

Generally, the best time to exercise is in the morning before breakfast. This will kick start the metabolism for the day. However not everyone can organise themselves or find the time to do it then. So you will have to find what works best for you. I do most of my exercise in the mornings but if that can't be managed my next preferred time is late at night. that works best for my lifestyle.

I like to eat dinner real early (5:30 or 6pm) as it gives my body a good solid amount of time to digest the day's calories and activities etc.

May I suggest that if you want to exercise before dinner that you snack on some fruit like a banana or an apple. They will give you a bit of bulk in your stomach, give some energy for the exercise to come (full of good sugars) and the short sweet (good) sugar rush will stop the hunger pangs.

Meal wise, make sure that you have a really good breakfast...that will set you up for the rest of the day. Lunch shouldn't be too big...if it is then you may find yourself getting drowsy in the afternoon. Dinner should be reasonable with a good balance of the food groups. If you go to bed slightly hungry and tired from your exercise you will know that you've done a good job.

My main advice for you is - find a way that works best for you and that you can live with. Some methods are better than others - but if you can't make them work for you then in the end they are worthless to your success. There is a healthy lifestyle out there for you...your job is to find out what it looks like! :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:14 am

Great advice everyone. Haven't quite worked out the exercise times just yet as we had the weekend which gave me the opportunity to exercise at whatever time I felt like... which ended up being around the middle of the day, not too long after food and I didn't feel sick so that's good to know. I'm going to try straight after work with a snack like a piece of fruit beforehand, and late at night an hour or so after dinner and see what works better. Can't advocate enough for the incidental exercise throughout the day though. Taking public transport to work so I have to walk at least 30 mins instead of driving, taking the stairs instead of the lift at work, getting up and walking to someone's desk instead of emailing or phoning, going for a walk at lunch time. I have also set up my treadmill in the lounge so I walk on that while I watch TV instead of sitting on the couch.

Having said all that, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. :oops: I've done a couple of sneaky checks during the week and kept coming in at my current weight, until this morning where I was more! I think this is due to Sunday night where I went out to celebrate something with my partner and I decided it was OK to have a "guilt free" meal. I had a chicken wrap and some popcorn at the movies, with a cocktail and a couple of glasses of sparkling wine. So I wouldn't say it was over the top, but still well beyond my calorie limit.

I'm going to work hard to offset that today in the hope that I can have even a tiny loss tomorrow morning, but definitely won't be proving your theory wrong Kim! :(
Rocca

Postby Blitz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:35 am

Rocca wrote: I have also set up my treadmill in the lounge so I walk on that while I watch TV instead of sitting on the couch.

This action will pay huge dividends...excellent! :)

Rocca wrote:Having said all that, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. :oops: I've done a couple of sneaky checks during the week and kept coming in at my current weight, until this morning where I was more! I think this is due to Sunday night where I went out to celebrate something with my partner and I decided it was OK to have a "guilt free" meal. I had a chicken wrap and some popcorn at the movies, with a cocktail and a couple of glasses of sparkling wine. So I wouldn't say it was over the top, but still well beyond my calorie limit.

It is what it will be - and will be dealt with then. One of the things that I kept in my head during my weight loss was the idea that there were no days off in weight loss. We didn't have days off putting it on, so why do we think we deserve one now? Every day that we don't give it our best effort means that our weight loss journey is a day longer.
The chicken wrap was fine. However the popcorn (specially movie popcorn) and the drinks (there are so many hidden calories in alcohol) weren't the brightest idea. Whatever the fallout...what is important is that we learn from the experience. If we don't then it is wasted and we are doomed to repeat the mistakes until we do.

Rocca wrote:I'm going to work hard to offset that today in the hope that I can have even a tiny loss tomorrow morning, but definitely won't be proving your theory wrong Kim! :(

Heck...I was all for being proven wrong! :wink:
Very happy that you are still coming out fighting and trying for a loss!
Getting any loss is good for the moral and the motivation. :)
Looking forward to your weigh in. Hope for the best... 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby Rocca » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:59 am

Blitz wrote:One of the things that I kept in my head during my weight loss was the idea that there were no days off in weight loss. We didn't have days off putting it on, so why do we think we deserve one now? Every day that we don't give it our best effort means that our weight loss journey is a day longer.

I get what you're saying and this is actually a good point about no days off when gaining. This was a really special occasion that only comes once a year, but I know there will be others like this - birthdays, Christmas... and just because it's a special occasion doesn't mean we have to eat any less healthier than normal. So I will keep that in mind next time.

Blitz wrote:The chicken wrap was fine. However the popcorn (specially movie popcorn) and the drinks (there are so many hidden calories in alcohol) weren't the brightest idea. Whatever the fallout...what is important is that we learn from the experience. If we don't then it is wasted and we are doomed to repeat the mistakes until we do.

Agree, I knew they were bad choices at the time. I don't drink much at all, and any other alcohol I have I build into my calorie intake. I could have easily done without the popcorn. I would have normally made much worse choices on a night like that so I did recognise the improvement but will aim for better next time.

Weigh-in Wednesday...
End of week 4: 82.5kg (0.1kg loss)
Loss since SW: 3.2kg
Rocca

Next

Return to Personal Progress