It is currently Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:26 am

Free Newsletter

Enough is enough - the time starts now

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Enough is enough - the time starts now

Postby Samwich » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:17 am

All you can eat Buffet on Friday night, mates wedding on Saturday. Weight went up to 108.6kgs

Good to see regular eating, exercise and plenty of water has kicked my metabolism into gear.

Wed 11/01/2017 - 104.1kgs.
Samwich

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Samwich wrote:All you can eat Buffet on Friday night, mates wedding on Saturday. Weight went up to 108.6kgs

Good to see regular eating, exercise and plenty of water has kicked my metabolism into gear.

Wed 11/01/2017 - 104.1kgs.

Buffets are tough things to conquer.
You have to go to them with good mental preparation or they will kneecap you.
I've found that deciding how much you are going to put on your plate before entering the venue helps.
Also found that filling the plate once only and not going back endless helpful as well.

The mind space on these nights/events should be on the people around you and not the plate before you.

Time to put the lid back on and take back the ground.
Best wishes
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Samwich » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:01 am

Thursday 19/1/2017 - 101.6
Samwich

Postby Blitz » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Good solid result. 8)
Well done! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Samwich » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:30 am

been fluctuating around 100-102 for a couple of weeks,
Finally in the double digits this morning

current - 99.8kgs
Samwich

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Good Work! :D

Breaking that barrier between double and triple digits is a real accomplishment.
I know for myself it was quite a chore.
I was sailing along nicely until my sister noticed that I was nearly hitting that landmark.
Somehow that got into my head and I screeched to a halt and I couldn't get into those double digits.
Just couldn't break through no matter what. :shock:
Finally it took an almighty push (1.2kg loss in one day!)...to nail that baby down.
Then it was onwards to greener pastures. 8)

Hopefully it will be the same for you now and the numbers peel back faster for you too, now that you are on the other side. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Samwich » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:26 am

Hung around the 100-105 mark since the last weigh in on here. (enter all stupid excuses here)
98.5kg today and back at it. So far that's a loss of a little over 35kg since the journey,

My goal is to get to around 90, with additional muscle to fill in the lose skin.

Before:
134kgs (ish)
3xl shirt + work top
s44 work pants

Current:
Large T-shirt
Slim fit xl work top (Due to size of arms and shoulders)
S36 work pants ( about to drop to 34. 32 waist, but thighs are still big)

Workouts since I was 118kgs have almost been solely muscle building (Weights) with a hike chucked in every now and then. So crap all cardio and im still dropping weight. Ive always been an outdoors person, so cant sit myself on an exercise bike or treadmill without going insane...

Now that im under 100, im starting to get back into my old school sports and im loving the extra energy I have.
Completed a 15.7km hike in 3hours (including lunch) with a 15kg backpack and over 700m in elevation change and loved every minute of it.
While my weight loss is slow, i'm actually enjoying the journey, which keeps me motivated.

Ill post up my weights progress as well, for people that don't enjoy sitting on a bike or treadmill for hours a day.
Samwich

Postby Samwich » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:42 am

I dont think anyone would be interested... But here's the progress, All below are 4sets, 8-10reps

Training Progress
--
Chest: Exercise/Before/After
-Flat Bench/20kgs/105kgs
-Cable Flys/5kgs/30kgs
-Incline Dumbells/5kgs/27.5kgs
-Incline flys/5kgs/25kgs
--
Triceps:
-Seated Triceps/15kgs/35kgs
-Tricep pushdowns/20kgs/54kgs
-Overhead Triceps rope/15kgs/52.5kgs
--
Back:
-Single Arm Rows/15kgs/37.5kgs
-Cable Row/30kgs/68kgs
-Cable Pull down/30kgs/50kgs
-Rack Pulls/15kgs/70kgs
--
Biceps:
-Hammer curls/6kgs/20kgs
-Sanding EZ-Bar/15kgs/40kgs
-Seated Preacher Curls/25kgs/50kgs
--
Shoulders:
-Standing overhead extensions/20kgs/45kgs
-Incline delt raise/4kgs/17kgs
-side dumbbell lift/5kgs/15kgs
-Barbell Shrugs/15kgs/80kgs
-Rope Row/30kgs/54kgs
--
Legs(Hardly work these as they are big already...)
-Squats/20kgs/80kgs
-Leg press/80kgs/200kgs
-Single legs squats/0/30kgs
--
Samwich

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Samwich wrote:Hung around the 100-105 mark since the last weigh in on here. (enter all stupid excuses here)

To have excuses is human - to face up to the facts is the beginning of progression! :lol:
Let hope that you've finely let go of that hoodoo mark and sail right through to the end. :)
That pointy end of the journey is tough but it really sounds that you are finally ready to push it through. 8)

Samwich wrote:98.5kg today and back at it. So far that's a loss of a little over 35kg since the journey,

My goal is to get to around 90, with additional muscle to fill in the lose skin.

Before:
134kgs (ish)
3xl shirt + work top
s44 work pants

Current:
Large T-shirt
Slim fit xl work top (Due to size of arms and shoulders)
S36 work pants ( about to drop to 34. 32 waist, but thighs are still big)

What isn't often appreciated in weight loss is the muscle lost DURING weight loss.
About one quarter of your weight loss total is muscle loss so it is essential to build muscle (exercise) to replace this loss.
So you are on the right track trying to build muscle.

I hope the loose skin/muscle building works out for you.
Unfortunately it usually more about genetics, period of stretch and age.
Whatever happens just remember that everybody's skin eventually sags.
So if the worst happens; you have just arrived there earlier than others! :shock: :lol:
Looks are fine - but remember weight loss's bottom line is about health not beauty.

Samwich wrote:Workouts since I was 118kgs have almost been solely muscle building (Weights) with a hike chucked in every now and then. So crap all cardio and im still dropping weight. Ive always been an outdoors person, so cant sit myself on an exercise bike or treadmill without going insane...

Now that im under 100, im starting to get back into my old school sports and im loving the extra energy I have.
Completed a 15.7km hike in 3hours (including lunch) with a 15kg backpack and over 700m in elevation change and loved every minute of it.
While my weight loss is slow, i'm actually enjoying the journey, which keeps me motivated.

Ill post up my weights progress as well, for people that don't enjoy sitting on a bike or treadmill for hours a day.

Glad to here about the hiking. What is really good for weight loss is variety in your exercise.
By doing different exercises you end up working different muscles (yep...muscles that no amount of weights are going to reach).

I know that feeling you are speaking of...you are bounding with new found energy (I literally bounced!). :D

Good work!

Kim
Blitz

Postby Blitz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Samwich wrote:I dont think anyone would be interested...

Always interested!
Having never entered a gym let alone do any weight training...all this is a mysterious new world!
I must say I envy you...my stomach hernia excluded me from doing weights and the like.
If I was able to do so I reckon my weight loss journey would have been a heck of a lot quicker than what it was.
I was always trying for one of those "Biggest Loser" super losses on my weekly weigh ins.
The best I could do was a 3.4kg weekly loss. I'm sure the missing ingredient was weight training.

With the numbers you are doing I believe that you will look like a power house next to this old scrawny bloke! :lol:

All power(lift) to you! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby Samwich » Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 am

Not much of an update...

Been hovering around 92-95kgs for the last month and a bit. haven't been "Dieting" since last weigh in but keeping watch on what I eat.
Jumping on the diet train for the next 2 weeks which should drop me under 90kgs..

Although I haven't seen to much change in weight, I'm now 34 pants, M tops, so something is still happening
Samwich

Previous

Return to Personal Progress