It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Laura's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby laura » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:53 am

SarahC wrote:I had to run 2.4km for the Navy fitness test, and thought there was no way I would ever be able to run that far... but it really only took a month or so to get there (just!). Now I can go for 10km or more :D

I'm thinking to join the reserve as a nurse but I worried about the level of fitness you need. I like the idea of a job that requires a certain level of fitness, I'll have no excuses than.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVPFGZa/]
[/url]
laura

Postby laura » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:59 am

Week 3 (since I have a decent scale) is over and I lost a total of 3 kg. I'm very proud of myself :P . Last week I went back to school and packed all my food from home every day, usually I would go and buy KFC or someting yummy in the breaks but that changed. This week I exercised every day :P , I'm doing 20 km on the bike now and the 2.5 km run, I missed the running 2 days but I did my bike sessions every day. I also managed to stay in the 1200 cal/day for the whole week.
[/url]
laura

Postby Ally » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:06 am

Well done Laura!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:24 am

Good on you Laura, you are powering along! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:21 pm

That is a great effort Laura and missing out the runs on a couple of days is fine I think. You are still doing plenty of good exercise with the bike. Well done!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Woohoo! Congrats on the loss, Laura! That's fantastic!! Sounds like you've jumped onto the weight loss wagon with all guns blazing. You'll be at your goal weight before you know it!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:56 pm

Wow, well done Laura, I bet you feel fantastic!
Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby laura » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:56 am

Week 4 wasn't as successful as the first 3 :cry: . In fact it started very good, I was 72.6 kg on Wednesday and then it came, that period of the month :cry: :cry: . I know it's hormonal and that's way I feel so down but I'm all puffed up with liquid and feel horrible. I'm also very tired, I'm doing this intensive course and it's a lot of work to do in a short period of time and I also have to drive a lot everyday because the course isn't held where I live. I know I'll feel much better in few days but today I'm sooo unhappy :cry: .
[/url]
laura

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 am

try not to feel down laura :( we all get like that each month- a lot of us women here get them at the same time each month! its surreal! i can understand how tired you must be, but trudge through the next week and im sure you will be on a roll with your feelings emotionally and with your weightloss :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:46 am

Awww sorry to hear you're having a bad week :( :( TTOM is tough, and yes Kate we all do seem to have it at the same time which is weird!!!
What course are you doing, Laura? Do you have much longer to go?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:55 pm

I hope you feel better soon, its bloody awful feeling so crap because of TTOTM. I gues the one benefit is , you know it will pass.And when that fluid shifts and you have a weight loss you will feel fab again :)
Until then be kind to yourself and dont stress to much about the little things, i know I worry to much about stupid things when I have my monthly and a week later I'm like, what did I stress about that for :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby laura » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words.
I feel a little bit better now. I decided to send my husband with the kids out to have some fun on the beach and I worked on my assignments. I'm doing an intensive course for Uni nursing students that will allow me to work as an enrolled nurse during my 3rd year of nursing. Monday I start a 3 week clinical placement and I have one more week of exams after that. After I finish with this course I'll have one week left from holiday and then I start my final year at Uni.

I decided not to weigh until Friday but I don't think I'll manage to restrain myself :lol: :lol: . Not being able to exercise for few days is very frustrating, I'm really addicted to the gym :roll: .
[/url]
laura

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:28 pm

dont you just love nursing assignments Laura, sometimes you think what the hell has this got to do with nursing. I found that some of the assignments I did were crap,especially about resarch and stuff, while others were good based in real nursing subjects like A & P.

heres hoping they go well and you can enjoy your week off before going back to uni 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby laura » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:44 am

I'm back :P . I had a very difficult week, thank God it was a short week with Australia Day. One week of my placement down, 2 more weeks to go. I'm very tired, I had to drive 100 km every day and I ended up with terrible headaches every night. I couldn't exercise because of TTOTM and because of the headaches but I was very careful with my eating. I think I reached a plateau :cry: so I decided to use the 3 days that I'm at home to exercise a lot and maybe to burst the plateau.
[/url]
laura

Postby laura » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:43 am

Hello girls and boys :P ,
sorry that I had no time to read and post here, but I didn't forget you :wink: . I was very busy with the course, and I'm sooo happy it's over. Now I'm waiting for my licence and I can start working as a nurse :D . I didn't have time to go to the gym in this last few weeks but I was very good with my diet and lost more that I expected.

I also decided to review my goal weight because now 60 kg would be unhealthy for my height. I used to be 55 kg but I was just skinny and didn't do any exercise but now that I'm fit I don't think I can get to that weight. When I started the healthy eating and exercise plan 2 months ago I was a size 14 pushing 16 :oops: but now I'm a size 12 :wink: .
[/url]
laura

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress