It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:21 am

Free Newsletter

My first couple of days....

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My first couple of days....

Postby Elmo's Shoelace » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:31 pm

Well, it's been two days since I really, truly made my mind up to do this once and for all.. So far, so good.

I spent the afternoon/evening yesterday playing with this new PlayStation Eye Toy game that is like a work out video where you have to jump and hit things on the screen and play weird games. It has a 'personal trainer' option so I entered all my details into it and it gave me a set exercise program I have to do three times a week for the first couple of weeks. It slowly increases the frequency/activity level for 12 weeks. My goodness am I paying for it now! My muscles all ache, especially in my thighs and shoulders.

I also attempted yesterday to ride the bike I got for Xmas (I can't ride a bike yet). I haven't been able to get my balance so my husband is going to modify some training wheels for me! I don't care if I look stupid - at least I'm trying!

My husband and I live with his mum and sister while we are saving money for our own house, so there are four humans and three dogs who all need exercise. This morning we got up and took the dogs to a dog-friendly beach and walked around for a while before it started raining.

We stopped at some shops for lunch on the way home and I really wanted a pie, but we bought some bread, cold meat and salad for lunch instead...

And tomorrow my husband and I go back to Weight Watchers. We were going a year ago but stopped after he had an accident at work, but now we have made up our minds to go back and really get stuck into it. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading guys! Hope all is well with you too!
Elmo's Shoelace

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:37 pm

good luck elmo!!
its great to have a partner to loose weight with.
i think it is great that you are giving your bike a go. keep practising and you will soon have the hang of it!!

beck 8)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:48 pm

you'll get there elmo. you have to start somewhere dont you?
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Your very strong for makinga sandwhich good on you :D Seems like your in the right frame of mind
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Pinkie » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:49 pm

Good on you Elmo!! You're right, you have to start somewhere and I think you've made such wonderful starts. Lucky you having your hubby right there with you supporting you.

Good luck!!
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:14 pm

Wow, you're doing so well!! Those Eye Toy things are absolutely fantastic!! You wouldn't think that a Playstation game would be so good for you and make you work so hard, but I did one of the boxing programmes ages ago and far out, it made me huff and puff like nothing else!!

Sounds like you have plenty of excuses for exercise around you with all those dogs!! Great company for the walks too :) :)

Good luck and well done on your first couple of days!! Keep it going :) :)
Emma
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chinta » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:16 pm

Who cares what others think about your training wheels........ eventually they will come off and just think of the excercise :D

Good on ya for resisting the Pie temtation....... You have shown yourself that you CAN make better food choices :wink:
ImageImage
Chinta

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:34 am

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself mate.....I hope you and your hubby go well at WW!! Keep us updated/
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Those first few days of a diet are so hard because you are often detoxing and trying to change loads of old habits hang in there it gets easier !
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Personal Progress