It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

Campaign 15!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Campaign 15!

Postby Harbajahn » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:42 pm

Howdy, I've titled my weight loss scheme "campaign 15" because 15kgs loss is my goal. On 1 January I weighed in at 75kgs, I've never been this heavy (for me) in my life. I'm 166 cms so I think my ideal weight range is around 62kgs, hence my 60kg goal. My work pants were starting to get a bit claustrophobic for my ever increasing beer belly, yes, I love my beer.

I'm pretty confident of knocking it off because I've never really been overweight, a combination of events have contributed to the need for "campaign 15".

For want of anything better to do, I shall tell you why. I turned 40 last year and if that isn't enough to motivate me I don't know what is! No seriously, I turned 40, I had a serious back injury, a bulging disc that had a problem with me playing cricket and decided to put a stop such foolish past-times. As a consequnce I spent close to four weeks flat on my Burt Bacharach, doing not much. I spent a week in hospital where I had an epidural, which has made a considerable difference.

Adding to the adventure, my partner and I welcomed our first child into the world, a beautiful baby girl who gives me more joy than I ever imagined, but that's a completely different topic.

At the end of last year, I knew something had to give, time for some change. So, I have my goal and I have my motivation.

My program is simple, cut down junk food and the stuff heavy on carbs, fats etc. Increase my exercise from nothing to 30-45 mins per day either walking, swimming or riding.

After a week of "campaign 15" I've lost two kgs and feel happier with myself and more energetic.

I'm hoping that I reach my goal before we head off on our yearly holiday to Brisbane in June. I reckon I should be able to achieve this and have a month or two of maintaining my goal weight by that time.

Right then, that's me, that's my story, that's my progress for now. I'm off for a walk.

Karen
Harbajahn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:06 pm

hi karen
thanks for sharing with us :) its nice to have you on board :) also congrats on becoming a mum at 40! i became a mum at 20 and its hard work! lol. looking forward to seeing your progress
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:27 pm

What a great story, Karen! I'm sure that you will achieve all your goals with your attitude :)
Good luck!!! Keep us posted on how you are going!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:27 pm

I agree, great attitude Karen. You sound focused and ready to take on the world. I love the title of your campaign, very fitting. Thanks for sharing your story with us. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:30 pm

Thanks for sharing your story Karen! I hope all turns out well for you...keep us updated!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:00 am

Karen great to read your intro, I too had a back injury this year and was off work for 8 weeks. its hard but if anything gave me more motivation to keep loosing.

well done on your 2kg, and congrats to you and your partner on your new baby :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Harbajahn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:04 pm

Thank you all, having a child is the best motivation of all. Every day I look at her, she inspires me to be the best person I can be, for her, for my darling partner and most of all, for me.

I did not expect to be a parent, I didn't think it was going to happen and I wasn't that unhappy about it. But now that Harper is here, I wouldn't have it any other way, sleepless nights and all.

Karen
Harbajahn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:14 pm

thats wonderfully said karen :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:52 pm

That is fantastic Karen. Harper sounds like a real joy to you and that is wonderful.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Aren't kids amazing? They make you truly want to be a better person, simply because you can't imagine giving them anything but the best. I look at my beautiful kids and know that they are learning from my actions- good and bad, which motivates me to make as many of actions good as possible.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Return to Personal Progress