It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Tiffany's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Tiffany's Progress

Postby tiffanyp » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:51 pm

Ok, enough of reading and commenting on everyone elses progress. I thought that I should post my own (even if I am the only person who ends up reading it!) Doesnt matter :)

I started this change of lifestyle on New Years Day 2007.
I was drinking a lot of alcohol (more than 2 most nights :oops: )
I was eating the same size meals as my husband who is over six foot, I am not tall so I cant carry lots of weight. I was eating because that is what I thought about all day everyday! I was going for the quick grab at lunch which was cheese sandwiches, often 2 with loads of butter on white bread. I would back that up with a chocolate bar, chips, anything that I could grab on the run.
Some days I would have toast for breakfast, 2 x sandwiches for lunch and a toasted sandwich for dinner!!! All that bread!! All that CHEESE! Plus a half bottle of wine!!!

Dinner was getting cooked in more oil than ever! I was adding salt to EVERYTHING! I was basically on a one way street to heart disease!

Then when I looked at our Christmas photos I started to go back over the past six months and I realised that I have overeaten, drunk way too much, was not living a healthy life and I was starting to feel like crap basically!

So, I began to reflect and I realised that I was completely responsible for the way I looked. I was completely at fault for letting myself go.
Taking ownership of my weakness has helped me to identify why I grabbed for the chocoloate, why I was drinking wine every night.

And, through reading this fantastic forum, meeting you great gals and boys I have realised that I am not alone on my quest for weight loss.

It has been inspiring to meet the likes of Ally and Jules who together have lost 35 kilo on this website! That is like a whole small person!!!

I would like to think that I too will be able to reach my goal, lose the 15 kilo that I have set myself, and then maybe set a new goal to get down to 61kilo which is where I was before I had kids.

Week one was a good one for me. I have not been tempted to fall off of my wagon at all. I have had people try and tempt me; alcohol, fatty sausages at a bbq, kfc, chocolate, it has all been in my face over the past week and a half. But not once have I faultered.

The excercising is my biggest vice at the moment, finding time to fit that in is hard. However, I am determined to get to the point that it does become a major part of my life. I am not afraid of doing it, it is just that I havent scheduled it in yet.

I work a 50-70 hour a week job, I have two kids (who are on school holidays driving me crazy right now!) and a husband who goes to sea for a living and is hardly home to help out. I dont have a cleaner, a nanny or a gardner. But I do have wonderful family support (my husband can be a bit tedious at times, and my children are VERY demanding of my time)

Anyway, I need to figure out how I can put a photo on this site so I can show you all how awful I had become.
I am accountable for the way I look, and I am changing.

3 kilo down, and another 12 kilo to go!!

If you managed to read this ramble, thanks and I hope it wasnt too boring!
tiffanyp

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:44 am

hi tiffany i can definately relate to the toasted sandwiches and sandwiches all day long. *shudder* looking forward to seeing your progress
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:46 am

Thanks for sharing some info with us Tiff and although the progress is more for yourself to chart how you go you will find many of us jumping into your progress to give encouragement.

You have made a great decision to take control of your lifestyle and above all you have realised how important your health is. Well done.

Can totally relate to the white bread, toast, sandwiches etc. I used to also snack on it when I got in from work. Peanut butter white bread sandwiches with butter!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:43 am

you can have healthy toasted cheese sandwhiches! 2 slices of multigrain bread, a thin piece of ham and a slice of coon extra light and tasty (it comes in a 12 pack pre sliced) and no butter is les than 250 calories! i had one for lunch yesterday :)
Jisgone

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:09 am

Tiffany it is always nice to read your story as we can all relate to some part or all of it.
It is so hard to make that first step but once you do it can be liberating as you take back control of what you eat and the amount of exercise you do.
How you feel everyday, that you are eating healthier and moving your body, is far greater than the food buzz you get from eating and drinking things we all know are not good for us.

Well done on your loss so far and you'll be at goal in no time 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Pinkie » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Good on you for starting Tiffany! You're an inspiration too, you may not know it but you and everyone here are what keeps me going. Thank you :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:41 pm

Good going Tiff sounds like u have a good plan there mate
Good luck on your journey
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:30 am

Hey Tiffany!! Thanks for sharing that with us all...as Kim said we will all no doubt jump on and give you some encouragement!! I find when you write things down they become more of an encouragement and become goals, than just leaving them as thoughts!! I think you are doing really well especially resisting temptation like that! People can be unkind, but the more you say no, the stronger your "won't" power will become!! The best thing is not to let other peoples mentality bring you down! You are losing weight for you and no one else in the end....sure we can have goals like " I am losing weight to play with the kids better" etc, but it really is all about how we feel and how we would like to look. I wish you all the best Tiffany....keep up the great work mate and you will get to your goal!!

BTW - you are right about the healthy toasted sandwich Jewels!! I use one of those flat sandwich grill thingeys for mine (although it died from overuse!!) they are great as you don't need butter as they are non-stick......I love doing pita bread as well....I fill it with a slice of ham, a serve of grated cheese and some tomato and onion and grated carrot!!! YUM!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby tiffanyp » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:39 pm

I survived an alchoholic Girlie Night!!!! :P

I ate a vegetarian pizza with less cheese and thin base (of which went straight through me after 20 mins!) it gave me such a bad tummy ache that I consider I didnt get affected by what I ate anyway!

Then I drank one Bourban and Cola and half a glass of wine over a period of seven hours!!! Not bad considering a fortnight ago it would have been a six pack and two bottles!!!! :oops:

I ate a yoghut based dip and low fat/low sugar biscuits and only had one handful. :?

Then, just in case I did keep some of those extra calories on my tummy I went for an hour walk the next morning pushing my son in his stroller! WHOA! I was puffed, and it was so hot that when I reached home I was red like a tomato!

Anyway, with a 1 kilo loss through the week I was happy.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and positive comments. It is truly appreciated.. .. I could just hug you all! :)

TTOTM has hit me this week - feeling a little blah! :cry: But, I know that the puffiness I feel this week will just enhance my efforts of not overeating so hopefully my loss might be a little greater next week!

Thanks for reading.
Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:21 pm

Way to go Tiffany!! That's a huge effort with the girlie night. Good on you! Plus the walk afterwards you should be so proud of yourself. How are you feeling after 4kg weight loss and doing so well?
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:40 pm

well done for fitting the exercise in :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:05 pm

Woohoo, sounds like you're going great guns with everything!!! Well done on having a good weekend and surviving your girlie night!!! It's definitely possible to have a great one without tonnes of alcohol and junk food!

Keep on going girl and you'll be there in no time :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:10 am

That is a great achievement on all counts there Tiffany!! Well done on fitting in that exercise! You may have been a red tomato when you were finished, but I bet you felt great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:57 am

Yep girls, I did feel great for doing the walk. I really was happy with myself.

And, as for the avoiding over indulgence with alcohol I was extremely proud of myself! I dont even miss it! I struggled with the wine actually! All I could think of was how much work I would need to do to avoid putting weight on if I drank too much!

I put some pants on today and they feel loose (bit baggy in the bum!) it feels good, and the ol' muffin top is slowly dissappearing!
Yahoo!!!! :P

I am finding that my appetite is quite small now. I eat 2 x weetbix for breaky and then fruit mainly for snacks/lunch and then a small amount of dinner. I am drinking at least 3L of water and am weeing lots! So obviously I am getting rid of all the toxins in my body.

My skin seems clearer and so do my eyes.
I am also not suffering so much from bloating. I used to bloat so much and get really bad 'wind :oops: ', but that seems to be disappearing as well.

So, this next week should be great as I wont have the kids of a night time which means I should be able to do my excercising! I am also doing my spring clean which will burn up those calories as well!

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 am

Tiffany you've got some great plans in place. You're going to be fit in no time! Good on you. :D
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Next

Return to Personal Progress