It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:49 am

Free Newsletter

Tiffany's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:25 pm

Great going tiffany . U are dong an excellent job
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks so much everyone for the kind and supportive words.

For the first time in my life I feel like I am making healthy choices sensibly that should be able to last my lifetime!

Maybe I might enjoy my 40's!!!

I just hope that the weight keeps falling off gradually....

Love yuz all! :D
tiffanyp

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:35 pm

You will enjoy your 40's Tiffany! LOL at 38 I think I am healthier than when I was 18.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:56 pm

Heya Tiff

CONGRATS, you're going great guns!!!! Yay :) :) Well done with your efforts, you'll be at your goal in no time!!
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby tiffanyp » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:57 pm

OK! So today I dont feel so great.
My father has taken a turn (he had a slight heart problem just before Xmas but when checked out by the Cardiologist in Adelaide it all seemed normal) anyway, he still didnt feel right. Thismorning he woke with no vision in his right eye! After about 3mins part of the vision (the top periphial) came back, but the bottom half didnt.
My mum rushed him to the country hospital that they live close to and he was checked out and sent to the Optometrist here in Lincoln where they have confirmed that he has permanently lost half his eye sight in his right eye!!
He was supposed to drive my daughter to Adelaide tomorrow as she was meant to sail in the State Titles over the weekend.
My husband is busy fishing and I have official duties all weekend at our Festival, Tunarama.
So, the sailing has been cancelled - although I am yet to tell Amy!!!
I am really worried about my father. They say that this could be linked to his heart issue and that obviously he is getting blood blockages......he is now being sent back to his cardiologist.

It's wierd but the first thing I wanted to do was EAT!! Can you believe that!!!
So far I have knicked a cigarette :shock: from one of my work colleagues and have had a smoke!! (I am not a smoker!! :? ) and I have had an extra 750ml of water... but I HAVE NOT EATEN!!!

Anyway, my mind is racing... I just needed to vent.

Tiffany :(
tiffanyp

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:21 pm

Oh Tiffany, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad :( That's horrible that he has to deal with some of his eyesight being permanently gone now :(

I hope Amy isn't too upset about the sailing being cancelled, but I'm sure she'll understand!!!

I hope your dad is okay. It's normal for you to reach out to food during a time like this!!! Damn emotional eating! But good job for resisting temptation. YOU CAN DO IT! *big hugs*

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:32 pm

really sorry to hear that tiffany, thats awful news mate. hopefully with all your offical duties this weekend you will be too busy to sit and ponder. let us know how he goes- he sounds like a pretty independent man so it will be hard on him. :(
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:46 pm

Sorry to hear about your Dad what an awfull shock it must have been for him;good on yuo for not turning to food in such a stressfull time thats really impressive
I hope all goes well for you and your family
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby tiffanyp » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:16 am

Thanks for the support everyone.
Unfortunately I over ate last night at dinner! Had a few too many roast spuds!!!

I felt crook afterwards, which is a sure sign of me overeating!!!

Bugger!
Will reduce my intake and up my water today to try and undo the damage.

My dad still hasnt got his vision back, so I would say that it is definately permanently gone.

I counselled my daughter last night and she was happy to stay home and not go to the State titles - after many tears of dissapointment...

But, alas, now my husband has rung me to say that he doesnt have to go fishing and that he can take her!!!!

Far out... I am sick of it!!! I am always the deliverer of bad news, and he is always the one that can swoop in and give the good fun news!!! Yesterday he was too tired to help me with it all!!!!
Today he can desert me and go to Adelaide with Amy...

Am I being selfish??? Anyway, I have told him to sort it out, and that if he can get Amy excited again about the Titles and missing out on the festival of Tunarama he can take her...
I dont want to take part in it anymore - too much on my plate getting organised with work and all of my duties over the weekend.

I have been sucked in to do even MORE comparing now!!!
And i have to find time to cover all of Amy's school books as well!!!

Hope she fits in her school dress and shoes, as I havent even checked those yet!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Tiffany
tiffanyp

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 am

Hi Tiffany. Hey what about making a to-do-list? Sounds a bit silly, but sometimes it helps to just list out all the things you have to get done. I do that occasionally when I feel like things are mounting up - it helps to relax you as you then know that you are not going to forget anything, and you don't have to keep churning the same things over and over in your head. (I'm writing mine today lol!)

Sorry to hear about your Dad, it sounds just terrible :(
SarahC

Postby carla » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:38 pm

Hi Tiff

It was fab to read your opening posts, how determined you are and inspired you are. How you realised the ball is in your court to belt it which ever way you please!

I also identify with your struggles to some extent. Meaning, although I dont have a sick parent at the moment, I do have children making big demands and sometimes they really give me a hard time just because they're kids and that's what kids do until they learn to get what they need in more positive ways. But it always makes me feel crappy and one of the first of my temptations is to give into old habits as my way of dealing.

I have come to realise though, that doing that does absolutely NOTHING to ease the actual struggle and it certainly does not make me feel any better or comforted. I always, always feel worse about everything and about myself. And I dont need that.

The mind plays tricks on us to get what its been used to, without having to make an effort to change. Our minds can be like our kids, in that way.

You ARE going to see this through, no matter what. You ARE going to do the right thing by yourself and you ARE going to build new skills and ways of dealing with life when it gets hard, which are positive, healthy and far more appropriate to the situation. And you ARE going to get back on that horse, when EVER you fall.

Your persistence will come back and kiss you, many times over....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:56 am

What a huge weekend!!!! Our Festival went off without a hitch!
I however, crashed and burned and put on .5 of a kilo!!!

I drank two bottles of wine over the weekend and overate on good food, but over ate all the same!!!

I still managed to resist all temptations of fairy floss, hot chips, popdogs, pies, pasties, hotdogs, fizzy drink etc...

I ate a chicken Yiros, with no garlic sauce and drank water!

The rest of the time I ate fruit at home if I was hungry.

I did eat some metwurst and cheese and biccies on the boat to watch the fireworks however!!!

Anyway, back on the road to a better week!

My daughter never went to Adelaide for sailing as Davis (my husband) was called to work.

My comparing went ok and I was flat out with official duties all weeekend.

I took the day off work to take the kids to see my parents yesterday as my daughter goes to a private school and they didnt start thier term until today.
It was nice to get out of Lincoln and take a deep breath after such a busy weekend.

I made a really healthy pizza last night using a thin base mixture that has no preservatives, I found it in the healthy food section of the supermarket and thought I would give it a whirl.
My topping was made up of roasted sweet potato and pumpkin, bacon, semi dried tomatoes, baby spinach, red onion and olives with a slight sprinkling of low fat cheese.

It was really tasty and didnt make me feel ill at all!

I am thrilled that school has gone back as now I know my life will become a little more regimented which will work well for me to commit myself to weight loss.

Thanks for the support everyone. It 's nice to be back after a four day break!!

Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:15 am

Glad you enjoyed your (albeit hectic) weekend Tiffany!!! Your pizza sounds nice too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:35 am

HI tiffany sounds like you had a fab weekend. never mind about the gain you are doing well to work it off. it wouldve been lovely watching the fireworks from the boat too- lucky lady you are!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:22 am

what a very busy weekend you had tiffany, sounded great though.
your pizza sounded scrummy, I like the idea of the sweet potato on it ,its one of my fav's 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress