It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:04 am

Free Newsletter

Marnie's Progress :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Marnie's Progress :)

Postby Pinkie » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Well I've finally taken the plunge and started my own progress. I'm going to use it like a blog because sometimes I just need to vent about cravings and moods. I guess like we all do! :D

So I probably really started about a week and a half ago. I wanted to start on New Year's Day (resolutions and all that) and then we'd had a late night so I just let it go for a day and decided to start the next day. Then I found you guys!! I did ok the first day, and then I think something just clicked in and by the Wednesday I was on track.

I've basically not done anything out of the ordinary. Hubby says because I've lost weight on my own before there's no need to join weight loss companies or go to a gym or anything like that so I've just cut down portion sizes, drink lots of water and stepped up the exercise routine. Weigh ins are Mondays and my first goal is to lose 3 kilos - get to 75kg. Then its off to the movies for me!!

Cutting out lollies and sweet things has been the hurdle for me. I've been very strong although I slipped up and had some licorice the other day. I also went out for dinner on Thursday night and was tempted with a pavlova (scraped the cream off) with some fruit as sweets. I've worked extra hard on those days I've done that to make sure I burn it off.

As exercise I use my crosstrainer which I love and I've worked up to 30 mins straight so far. I used to do 35 mins straight so I'm nearly to my old workout. Adding to that I do 34 laps of my backyard (we've got a big backyard) jogging mostly, but when I'm straining I'll power walk. I hope to work up to non-stop jogging eventually. I also do hand weights to tone my arms, and situps for my tummy. It takes me about an hour each morning. I want to start walking at night too, but its so hot atm so I'll keep at it and hopefully my stamina will improve to get me adding the walk.

Each step of the way I'm going to reward myself. The ultimate goal is my mum's 60th which is the end of May. Between now and then we are having family portraits as a surprise for her and I really don't want to be the big blimp in the photo!

So first week I weighed in at 78kg, I lost .2kg by the following Monday. Can't wait to jump on the scales this Monday because I feel with my workouts and because I've really cut down I'm hoping I'll see good results. :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:33 am

Hi there marnie
you are making some wonderful decisions about your weightloss. you know what you need to do in order to shed the pounds and you are doing just that. i hope the photos turn out nice for your mum. i hate being the big girl in the photos too :S best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks so much Kate. I'll post one up when they're done and hopefully there'll be a slim me in them! :D
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:24 am

there WILL be a slim picture of you marnie :) keep telling yourself positive comments. :) cant wait to see it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:29 am

You are doing well Marnie. My biggest issue is the food. I've always exercised enough but I just eat way too much. You are doing so well with it. And the licorice really wasnt that bad. A lot better than having a mars bar or something!!! And it is a great idea to cut the goal down into sections and reward yourself. I've just been trying to think what I could make a reward for when I get to 65kilos. I can't think of anyting except chocolate.......hahaha!!! I know when I get to my ultimate goal I would really really really really like the new pajero!!! But I don't know that Frank will give it to me!!! We have a 2002 model but I really like the new one! But we'll see. My reward I guess will be that I can start hassling Frank to give in to me when I get to 60kgs.......hahaha!!! Mind you I can do it without his permission cos I am entitled to spend money as well and I am the one paying for it. But I wouldn't do it unless he was semi ok with it. So thats it!!! Seems like a strange reward to me, start hassling Frank for the new car!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:30 am

hmmm might hit my other half (mick) up for a new car for my reward lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:13 am

You are doing really well Marnie!! All the best for your weigh in this week!! Keep us updated!! You are certainly making lots of sensible decisions and this will pay off overtime!! Licorice is yum and it can easily be fitted into a healthy eating program mate, so don't stress too much! It is nice to enjoy things like that in moderation than to cut it out and crave it!!

Go Rochelle!! A new Pajero sounds great! We have an old '85 model which we love and wouldn't trade it for anything!!.... I wish you all the best in your quest for the latest model mate!! That is a great gift for losing all that weight!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:13 pm

Ooooo Rochelle - a new car how awesome!! That's definitely an incentive hey! Let us know if Frank says yes once you reach your goal weight (I have no doubt you'll reach it :wink: ).

Thanks guys for your support. I'm so excited because I'm down to (roughly) 76.5kg yay! My tightest tightest pants don't feel as tight anymore. LOL I always try something on when I've lost a bit of weight I get so excited.

Anyway, I've decided to buy a new set of scales, the digital sort. Mine are the old fashion type and they really aren't reliable. LOL I better not put on weight with the new ones!! :shock:

I did a huge workout this morning too. I feel so much better (thanks Kate - your advice was right on the money!) this morning after having another good night's sleep. I kinda feel like I've caught up and just busting to get going now. I did 30 minutes straight on my crosstrainer - something I used to do when I was down to 68kg! Still haven't got the jogging thing down yet but I'm working on it. I did extra on the crosstrainer today to make up for the last couple of days. Back on track and feeling great!

So, I'm going off to enjoy my lunch now. I've made myself a mild Indian curry tuna salad. Yummo. And an apricot for dessert. It actually tastes wonderful - never thought that could happen :P
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:43 pm

sounds like you have had a great day! i treated myself to scales when i had reached my 10kg mark :) its nice to know they work better than old ones!

glad you feel better today too :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:37 am

Good on you Marnie. You really are going fabulously mate. I always think when I am exercising just how good this is for my heart. Sort of keeps me going a bit. Build it up slowly with the jogging cos it's not great for the body. It really jolts you around with the pounding. I love to jog but I know it isn't great for knees and the damn veins in my leg have been playing up. So I am going to go for the cross trainer for the interval intensity. You could always do some interval with your backyards run mate. Go hard for 30 secs - 1 min then slow it back to a power walk for a couple of mins to catch your breath. Soon you will be sprinting for that time and jogging in the catch your breath section!!! You really are doing well mate. :D
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:41 am

Thanks for that Rochelle! Great advice... I'll try that :D

Today I had to go for a power walk because I broke my crosstrainer! :cry: The pedal was wonky yesterday (as it usually does) and I thought I'll just finish and get hubby to fix it when he gets home. Well he got home and said I'd trashed the bolt!! He's hoping to pick a new one up that will fit but if not its to the big crosstrainer heaven in the sky :oops: Oh boy, time to start scouring the second hand pages of the paper I think.

Anyway, we're off to Hogs Breath for lunch today. I'm going to eat small and make good choices. I certainly don't want to go backwards now I'm on the wagon!!
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby Pinkie » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:34 pm

Ok TTOTM has hit me. I don't know about you guys but seriously, I get so hungry I could eat a horse between 2 mattresses (hubby's fave saying). Man, I just am walking in circles trying to stop eating. My crosstrainer is broken and I woke up late today. I tried to do a run and my back is sore (damn sciatic nerve!) so I didn't get too far. I've been madly cleaning because we have family over for tea so at least that's some incidental exercise.

The worst part is, I can't stop thinking of food. I'm hungry and like my gf said, its the carbs my body is craving. I'm about to make a small home made pizza (4 slices) for lunch and I'll load it up with vegies so it'll be super healthy. Then crunch time, the worst time of the day for me. Afternoon is snack time! I need to vacuum so that'll take up some energy but what then?
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:53 pm

fruit and maybe some carrot sticks and celery with a salsa? i knwo what you mean. its that TIME for me too :? and i am starving most the time- body craving the carbs of course. doesnt help being in pain either :cry: hope you feel better soon- if you choose to eat something make it healthy!- oh and drink lots of water!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:11 pm

its amazing how humgry you can get at TTOTM isnt it, and even though you know why you feel liek eating so much ,it doesnt help. keeping busy is a great idea, vacuum vacuum vacuum 8) :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Groovychic » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:27 pm

Try to keep busy Marnie. Its so damn hard not to want to eat when all you are doing is thinking about it. Try drinking a large glass of water as well or have a cup of tea. Sometimes that will do it for me. But don't beat yourself up if you give in mate. We are all human and will have those times in our lives. Just get back up on that wagon the next day. Hope you get through this time without giving in mate. I wish you luck!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Next

Return to Personal Progress