It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

Marnie's Progress :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Pinkie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:29 am

Thanks for your support guys. I didn't do too badly that afternoon because I did do the vacuuming and kept busy until the family came for tea. Then dinner, and we bought chinese *sigh*. I did ok, one plate full and mostly vegies but I knew I'd eaten a lot. I managed to get my cousin out for a walk, we did about 1.5km until my back played up (self sabotage?) and we came home.

Yesterday was a race to get the boys ready and we went to Fremantle with friends for the day. It was a lot of walking which was good. I had a soy hot chocolate in the morning because I was freezing (it was small) but still felt a bit bloated after it. Then for lunch I had japanese (small) and ate mostly the salad and a bit of the chicken and rice. I felt ok. Then the kids wanted Cold Rock Icecreamery and boy was that hard to resist. My friend and I just shared a small (kid size) cup of mango sorbet. She ate most of it tho, I made sure I was busy with the kids so it was mostly gone. Then leftovers for tea last night. See that was good for me. I felt yukky because I couldn't do my crosstrainer and it was easy to eat leftovers. Still, all that rice and rich food isn't doing me any good. I'm starting to bloat up because of PMT and just feeling low. It would be so easy to give up! But my friend is on the wagon too and we both made a pact that when we hit 75kg we'll go to the movies and I'm really looking forward to that!

At least last night I talked hubby into a new crosstrainer, and he's looking at treadmills too! I'm looking forward to that. It's the best way for me to exercise without impact. Just hope I can get it soon so I can get back into it again. I'll be back to my normal eating again today after the past few days that have been full on. I've got my brother and his family coming tomorrow for a bbq lunch so lots of salads there!

I keep wanting to say sorry for letting you guys down, but I know I'm just letting myself down :(
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 am

Hi marnie
dont be so down on yourself. throughout your life you are going to have times where you are going to eat things that you wouldnt usually eat whilst you are trying to lose weight. and thats ok. all in moderation. you did well at cold rock! i always have vaillan ice cream with caramello koalas, malteasers and hot chocolate fudge on top mmmmm. i avoid the places where i know cold rock is! haha

also, thats good that you are going to get a new crosstrainer since yours did the harry holt on you. cant wait to hear all about it. it sound slike you had a great time out and about and as you said you are back to eating better today so never mind about the other day :)

we are proud of ya!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:15 pm

wow Kat ethat icecream sounds yummo, glad we dont seem to have a place that sells that kinda ice cream around here :lol:

Marnie you will get there it will get easier once the dreaded monthly is gone. well done on the new cross trainer too. I'd love one and have been looking into it ,but the space here at my place is tight and I'm not sure where it would go :(
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:35 pm

hey deb its where you pick a flavour of ice cream and they put it on an icy slab and then you pick the extras to go in it- theres fruit, chocolates lollies- whatever you want and they 'smash' it into the ice cream. it can either go in a cone or in a cup- i like the cup and then i get hot choc fudge on top. *drool* i want one now :(
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:43 pm

wow we must not have them in Vic. I'm certainly not going to go looking either, they sound fantastic 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Pinkie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:28 pm

You guys are the best!! I was feeling so woe is me just now, and if there was chocolate or lollies in the house I would've eaten them without a doubt. Just feeling so yuk. But reading this has spurred me on. I will not give up!! :D
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:28 pm

thats the way marnie :) you have worked hard thus far- dont throw it all in because of one day :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Good on you Marnie. You really are doing well mate. To get through this time with what you have done is a great acheivement. I don't think you did too badly with the food. And it's a whole learning experience. It takes a long time to learn what is enough food for us and not to overeat, geez I'm still battling with it!!!! :? I'll probably never learn! Chin up and think positive. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 pm

Rochelle is right, it is hard to get used to what you should eat and every now and then you will get it wrong. I ate 3 slices of home made pizza yesterday. 2 didn't seem like enough...3 was way too much. I should have done the old wait 20 mins trick and I would have known I didn't need the extra bit. :roll:

Well done for not going to the cupboard when you felt down. These are the sort of steps to cherish and pat yourself on the back for, it means you are improving.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Pinkie » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:38 am

Oh well, what a rollercoaster few days its been. I had a major blowout and it didn't help that my crosstrainer has been broken. I think I've put on about .5kg but because my scales aren't accurate I can't really tell. I'm off to look at the new ones today. It's been crazy here and that's why I haven't got my new ones yet!!

So Friday night I ate Malteasers, and then Sat morning I was feel so crappy and had to race around and get organised for my brother and his family coming. Then hubby had to go and work on his brother's car but on the way home he bought me a surprise. A treadmill! How great is that! He bought me a second hand York Fitness one that I can work up to jogging on. It's a great one actually, it has 6 different settings on it for full workouts. Warm up, walk, walk uphill, downhill, jogging and then warm down. I did my first workout this morning and realised I have a long way to go to get fit :shock:

Now today I'm back onto it. I'm feeling better already. So glad you guys are here. I feel like I'm propped up and inspired again just by reading your stories. :D
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:40 am

Hey marnie
enjoy your new treadmill :) i bet that just made your day. you will be fit and healthy before you know it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:37 pm

Cool Marnie...enjoy walking and jogging away those kilos on your new treadmill!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:40 am

Thank you!! I'm actually in love with it atm, its really showing me how unfit I am and I'm determined to finish a program without grabbing onto the handles!! I did 40 mins this morning, a little bit of jogging on there and even though I was huffing and puffing I felt really good. Only problem is it doesn't show in the km's but at least I feel I'm really working it.

Off to the beach now for a walk and a paddle and then home again before it gets too hot!!
Pinkie xx

[/url]
Pinkie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:14 am

keep at it marnie- you will be sprinting on it before you know it!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:42 pm

You're doing really well Marnie, build it up a bit at a time.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress