It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

Simone's Progress (hopefully)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Simone's Progress (hopefully)

Postby Simmy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:49 pm

Well I decided I should start to make myself more accountable in taking steps towards achieving my goal. Although I did not lose any weight this week (damn social outings) I am so very proud to report that tonight we had friends over for a bbq. (Our 3rd in two weeks). As usual I have stayed completely clear of the sausages and just had the chicken. Although tonight I served up my food (chicken, salad and potato) ate until I was satisfied and left a decent sized piece of chicken on my plate! (I know you're probably thinking 'yeah, and?', but thats it, thats my accomplishment). It wasn't until I was clearing the plates either that it suddenly hit me - OMG I LEFT FOOD ON MY PLATE. In the last month I have had to overcome the hurdle of not going back for seconds, and to not only accomplish that, but to LEAVE food on my plate.. Im speechless. This is well and truly better than a weight loss for me this week. A positive step towards the slimmer me!
Simmy

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:02 am

Hey Simmy I know where you are coming from!! It IS a big accomplishment to leave food on your plate...I don't know about you, but I had to overcome 2 hurdles with that one...the first being my mothers voice saying "you must eat everything on your plate...the starving children in Africa would love that!") the second is stopping when you are full, not just finishing your plate of food!!

I say a big well done mate!! Keep up the great work!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 am

hey simmy im usually a 'seconds' girl too so i know that is a big accomplishment- sing it loud and proud sister!
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:55 am

Way to go Simmy! I know what you mean, at this stage I'm still just accomplishing not going back for seconds. Hoping I'll be leaving food on my plate soon - or just reaching for smaller portions (hard to get used to tho!). I bet you'll have a huge weight loss next week as your body adjusts :D
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby tiffanyp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:32 am

Hey Simmy, I too suffer from the seconds and thirds syndrome!

I have started eating from a bread place (small) and I pile the veg and salad on FIRST, then I eat the meat and if there are any potato (my weakness!!) :oops: . Then if I do go back for seconds, I do the salad thing first... and if I am STILL hungry I drink a glass of water and WALK AWAY!!!

Good luck with your habit changing!
Tiffany :D
tiffanyp

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:22 pm

Thanks for all your comments! Its weird how leaving chicken on your plate can make you so proud. I couldnt imagine the response I would get if I told one of my friends "the other day I left chicken on my plate". They would think Im crazy! My next hurdle will be portion size. The last month I haven't changed the amount of food I have put on my plate, only the type of food. Maybe I will try a bread plate or cereal bowl too. Realistically the portion sizes from the lean cuisine type meals are bread plate size.
Simmy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:06 am

hi simmy

the bread plate and smaller bowl are great ideas. you definately realise the difference in how much you eat.
kate_turner2000

Postby Simmy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Well, its been a long time since Ive updated so I thought I should. There really isn't much to report though. The weightloss is like a rollercoaster. Losses one week, plateuing the next. Slowly, but surely it is coming off. I am so glad I begain taking measurements though. One thing I noticed even in weeks i didn't lose kg's I still managed to lose cm's. It has been a great tool for keeping the motivation up. For some reason while writing this I started craving chocolate. I'm off to make myself a cup of Jarrah. I have been good and only having one when im craving sweet foods (hardly ever now) this will be my second cup in (i think) about 3 wks!
Simmy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:35 am

hi simmy

keep at it mate, this weightloss thing aint easy! even if it takes you a whole year to lose the weight you want at least you can say that you did it, and imagine how great you are going to look and feel when you have reached your goal! keep your chin up and keep doing what you are doing :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:30 am

Hi Simmy

Slow and steady mate you will get there if you stick with it. LOL I agree with leaving food on the plate being an achievement. I was another second helping girl and that was usually after a massive plate of food in the first place. I often leave food on my plate now especially as Frank is still to figure out just what a Kimmy size portion is these days. Although 70% of the time I cook my own food so no problem there. I never make enough for seconds or if I do it is purposely to have as another meal or lunch the next day.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Simmy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Well, not sure if it's been noticed but my involvement in this forum has been somewhat non-existent over the past month. Occassionally I have popped in to record my weight on the challenges - so I have been (trying) to keep up with the healthy living. The last 2 months have been so hectic - finishing off my degree at uni, whilst also receiving a new (and very time consuming) job. Also been trying to organise my trip to Eurpoe this June to see my lil sis. Just wanted to explain my absence and let you all know that although I haven't been contributing I have been checking up on ppl's progress - congrats all! :) I also wanted to welcome all new members to this forum.
Simmy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:40 pm

hey simmy i have noticed your absence however i have seen you popping in from time to time so i know you have been around. i didnt want to bring it up incase perhaps you were plateauing or upset with your weightloss journey and weren't ready to share it with us. however it seems to me that you are doing really well both with your weightloss and in your personal life. i am glad to see you around and you are a wonderful member of our group :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Personal Progress