It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Free Newsletter

Elmo's Shoelace's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Elmo's Shoelace's Progress

Postby Elmo's Shoelace » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 am

Hi Guys,
Well, it's the beginning of my second week, and I'm pretty happy with how the first week went. my husband and I joined Weight Watchers last Monday and we have both made some HUGE changes this week. Neither of us drank a single Coke all week, and after recovering from the 'withdrawal headaches' we were both fine. We drank heaps of water all week. We tried out some Weight Watcher's recipes a couple of nights and really enjoyed them, and we modified a couple of our favourite dinners to lower the fat content.

We have been exercising almost every day, either by going for walks, doing our exercise routines on our new Playstation Eye Toy game or using the exercise bike (my new pushbike still needs training wheels before I can learn to ride. hee hee).

Yesterday evening we were supposed to go to our second Weight Watchers meeting, but guess what I had to do? Stocktake at work! Since I'm the Manager I couldn't exactly skip it! So I found a Weight Watchers meeting near work and weighed in on my lunch break. I lost 1.8kgs! I was so happy, I practically skipped back to work, and all the girls were so happy for me. They've all been encouraging me all week, and even though they are all so gorgeous and thin, they've been asking how many points are in their lunches. So cute! :P

Then, in the middle of stocktake, my husband called me. He had just been to the evening Weight Watcher's class that I was supposed to have gone to. He lost an enormous 3.8kgs! :shock: He's very proud of himself, and it's just motivated us both to keep going strong. Plus, his Mum, who we live with, has also joined up, so we have another person to help us.

During stocktake last night, all my staff were snacking on chips, lollies and biccies that I'd bought to keep them going. What did I snack on? Carrots! They all laughed at me but I didn't even feel tempted to pick up a chip all night (and anyway, if I had done, one of the girls would have slapped me!) :lol:

So we are all motivated and prepared for our second week!
Elmo's Shoelace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:19 am

doing so well elmo :) i bet you cant wipe that smile off your face! isnt it amazing how some simple lifestyle changes can make a world of difference?! keep at it - it sounds like you have a wonderful support network :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Pinkie » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:29 am

How fabulous for you Elmo! Congrats! You should be proud of yourselves. And how lovely to have such an amazing support network. Not only your hubby (who sounds like he's enjoying himself too) and MIL, but everyone at work too! Sounds like a recipe for success to me :wink:
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby tree » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:59 am

Congratulations! It is so encouraging to get great results straight away. WW is a pretty good practical way to go about things.
Well done.
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby Ally » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:52 pm

Congratulations on your loss mate and well done to your hubby too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:42 pm

Well done! It must be so great to have your family physically doing the journey with you, a great support!
Simmy

Postby KimE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:42 pm

Well done to you and your hubby on your losses this week. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Personal Progress