It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:48 am

Free Newsletter

OriginalMel's progress!!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Draco » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:44 pm

mmmmm.... m&m's...

Focus, Draco!

Like everything, quitting especially, you can only do it when you *really* want to.

I tell everybody that that's the secret to quitting smoking - that you just have to want to do it. .. and then you will.

Maybe you could try the mirror trick, but in reverse? .. Make yourself a mirror for him to look in to.. Constantly affirming things like "Gee, I'm soooo glad I didn't eat that cheesecake for desert.. I would have felt awful if I'd broken my diet." or "I feel sooo good after my walk this morning." Make him jealous of your current state and happiness and he'll see that if you can get there, he can too.
~die of nothing but a rage to live~

Draco

Postby originalmel » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:01 am

Well last night was the dreaded seafood buffett.

Of course we were seated right next to the dessert bar, which was awesome. Then there was Baskin and Robbins icecream cake too! My husbands family are addicted to food, any excuse will do.

So I decided to just go with it, and not worry about the diet for the night. I did find though, that I wasn't able to eat 1/2 as much as normal. Only 1 plate of dessert!!!!

I have found though, that I've woken up this morning with horrible cravings that were completely out of my system before. So far, I have resisted the left over icecream cake in my freezer though. So I will go and have eggs (not eating wheat because of wheat intolerance) now, and just avoid the freezer!!!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby slimmindown » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:57 am

sounds like it was a great night, just get back on the weight loss train today and you'll be right :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:10 pm

i agree with deb, you need to allow these events occasionally- its a part of life. back on the wagon today and drink lots of water- dont just eat the ice cream cake cos its there :)
kate_turner2000

Postby originalmel » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:25 pm

well it took me a couple of days, and a small ice cream binge, but I'm back on the wagon today. I did my first work out to my new walk awy the pounds dvd, just the 1 mile. It was really easy and felt good, so will keep at it.
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[/url]
originalmel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:40 pm

well done mel- thats the spirit!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:36 am

Those WATP dvd's are great aren't they?? I really enjoy them!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby originalmel » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:18 am

ok yesterday was Valantines Day, so we had a yummy but pretty healthy 3 course dinner. We had some toasted turkish bread with mango, avocado, chilli salsa, followed by Beef involtini's stuffed with lf ricotta and basil, with steamed broccolini. Then dessert was raosted peaches with a little bit of crumble made from gingernuts and almonds, with king island yoghurt which is still 1/3 as fattening as extra light cream, and yummy!! Then we had 2 lindt balls.

Although I feel a bit guilty toady, like I overate a bit, I have to remember that in the past I probably would have made a pavlova or cake which we would have then eaten left overs for 2 days, with icecream or something. So it's much better than in the past, and I will continue to persevere. Not in any huge hurry, it's a life change, not a quick fix...
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:21 am

that is the best way to look at it Mel!! the amount of crap food you would have consumed would have probably been enough to feed you for 3 days before!! I think your dinner sounded yummy...everything in moderation, that is the key to success!! Well done!
[/url]
Ally

Postby originalmel » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:27 am

Thanks Ally!!

I forgot to mention, I got sent a big beautiful bunch of lillies too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yey!!

My husband is such a beautiful man!
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:29 am

oooh they sound lovely!! Lillies are really nice!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:55 am

what a lovely day originalmel, sounds fab, especially the flowers :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:05 am

aw what a nice day for you mel :) sounds like you had a lovely dinner too :) i only tried the lindt balls yesterday and theyre pretty rich!!
kate_turner2000

Postby originalmel » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:46 am

Well I've been going so well, that yesterday I let my guard down waayyy to much, and bought a packet of bikkies from the market. I couldn't resist, as they were a 'bargin' cause they were all broken, and I told myself i was buying them for my daughter :? .

Anyway I got them home and I showed my husband (I would have hidden them in the past) as a sort of safe gaurd against me eating too many. But that so didn't work, and I nibble them all day until they were almost gone. My daughter got a little one, and hubby got a couple and the rest are in my big fat tummy :oops: :? :( :oops:

I don't know what i was doing thinking that I could have food like that in the house :x , I am so evil with bikkies and cake. After I ate the first few I felt yuck, but still went back for more :evil:

ANyway, I know it's bound to happen and I just have to get up and keep going, but it still sucks :roll: . Not looking foward to weigh in now :?
Mel

[/url]
originalmel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:02 am

Image mel

never mind these type sof things happen to all of us :? just get back on the wagon today and you will be fine :)

hehe whether they were squashed or in tact they still go down the same way dont they! take care
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress