It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:50 am

Free Newsletter

Draco's shrinkage.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby slimmindown » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:55 pm

Hey Draco sounds like you are doing well with the exercise, just think it might of taken you 20 mins longer but that was an extra 20 mins of exercise :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:26 am

Yeah forcing yourself to do anything isn't nice. I think you're right though Yolanda just keep at it and it will eventually become a habit. I never had the problem of not wanting to eat either and now I eat every 2-3 hours but as I prepare all my food in advance I don't have to think about it once its prepared. Also when I eat properly and don't eat late at night I am hungry in the morning so I want to eat breakfast and now hate missing it....actually I rarely miss it. Sets me up for the day.

Great going with the exercise just remember you need the fuel to be able to keep at it. Best of luck. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Draco » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 am

Yay me!

I just did my weekly weigh in:

Last week 100.1kgs
This week 96.6kgs

:)

I cheated and looked at the scales on Thursday and they said 98.1.. but I thought maybe it was just a fluctuation or something. I didn't actually believe it. lol

So that makes the goal for next week's weigh in to be 95.

95kgs, here I come!
~die of nothing but a rage to live~

Draco

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:50 am

yay yolanda! look at that ticker fly!
kate_turner2000

Postby Draco » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:55 am

Yeah.. Holy dooley, eh? Who'd thunk that a snail could move so fast!

It must be a racing snail, like the one from The Never Ending Story.

Draco

Postby KimE » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:30 pm

There was a racing snail in the Never Ending Story? I just remember the enormous white dog dragon thingy. :D

Well done on your weightloss Yolanda, doing good.
Last edited by KimE on Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:39 am

lol falgor.. i watched the neverending story II (my fave one) yesterday whilst i was on my bike :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:40 am

I used to love the Neverending Story when I was little... haven't seen it in ages :(

Well done on your weight loss Yolanda, how fantastic! Double figures :D
SarahC

Postby Draco » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:24 am

Okay.. well I peeked at the scales again mid-week.
(How you girls survive a whooooole week without looking is just beyond me!)

and I'm now 95.7kgs!!!! :D double yay.

It just seems like it's falling off me. ..Which I'm kinda worried about, actually.. Is it coming off too fast? Is it usual?
Am I being spoilt and going to end up discouraged when my body finally plateaus and it gets harder to shift? Hope not :(

I don't feel much like I'm getting any smaller though really..
I took measurements of my whole body two weeks ago and then again yesterday.. and there have been a couple of centimetres lost here and there, but that could just be a differential in measuring?

My new mini goal is to be under 90 by the end of March - 5-6 weeks? Which I think is realistic, even allowing for a bit of a slow-down of loss.

I'm surprised that this week is so successful already actually.. coz I had a couple of days off exercising on the weekend while I was in Brisbane and ate a HUGE meal of spinach and ricotta canneloni.. loaded with carbs and oily cheese.. lol (It was delicious though, so I don't regret it one jot.)

Just gotta keep plugging away.

I want....

...my a$$ to fit in the swings at the playground so I can play with my kids.
...To not feel squished in those TINY little seats on virgin blue flights. (and to not have to extend the seatbelt riiiiiight to the end and get funny looks as I'm doing it)
...to be able to fit back into my favourite saddle.
...to not have to wear shirts 3 sizes too big to cover up my big belly (like people don't know that it's there anyways! lol)

Draco

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:31 am

That is some great things you have listed there Draco!! (I can relate to ALL of them!!!)

As for losing the weight too quickly, it depends what you are doing, you may just have the balance of exercise and food intake down pat....some people lose at quicker rates than others. As long as there is no health issues, then I can't see it being a problem. If you are concerned too much, maybe consult your doctor and show him/her what you are eating and the amount of exercise you are doing to put your mind at ease one way or another :wink: ...Congrats on your loss so far, keep up the great work
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:46 am

doing well yolanda :) i can relate to your list as well besides the virgin blue one! i havent flown in years.

you weightloss will slow down at some stage but until then keep doing what you are doing. as ally said, speak to your doctor if you are concerned.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:00 am

Draco you are doing so well ,and I can totally relate to your goals, the seats on virgin are little are put me off flying,though I havent flown since I've lost my weight so hopefully it will be better for me.. 8)

i think take the weght loss while its coming off,cause when you come to a standstill(you might not though) its sucks big time...

keep going you will get there for sure. You have the same goal as me as to get under 90kg by end of March good luck with it, i know we both can do it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Draco » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:49 am

slimmindown - We can totally do it :) .. I can't believe how close the 80's are now.. I can almost touch it. It feels really odd to be thinking of myself as 80-something kgs again, though I remember it vaguely in the distant past.

Kate - There's nothing better to remind you of your size than trying to squish into those stupid little airplane seats - next time you do fly, try to imagine yourself with 25kgs of potatoes stuffed around you in the seat and you'll feel great for having lost it. :)

Ally - I don't think that there's any health problems to be concerned about really.. My formerly sore knees feel 1000 times better than they used to and I've only drop a few kgs so far.. Can't wait for them to feel normal again :) .. My breathing feels a lot less laboured when I exercise now and every day I find that I can push myself just that little bit further.

I'm still finding that I have to force myself to eat, which is kinda a pain in the neck.
Just a few minutes ago I cut up an orange to eat and sat down at the computer.. I ate two pieces and then just sorta forgot that it was there. .. There is just no compulsion to eat it at all.
I need to watch that.
I'm trying to stuff myself with green stuff to fill up on, but I just haven't got the appetite to pull it off.. I think I'm gonna make myself eat a big (but healthy) dinner a few nights in a row to stretch my stomach out a bit and make me hungrier.

Draco

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:38 pm

the docs visit was more a recommendation as you said you were worried about the weight dropping off, but if it not a concern then I would just keep going the way you are!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Draco » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:02 pm

I have no idea how, but I'm now 95.2kgs..

I had a huge weekend with a trip to Brisbane/GC and running around after horses and stuff and although I didnt eat anything bad, it still feels like I ate way too much.. I missed my swimming for 3 days in a row too.. But I think all the running around has made up for that.
I was sure that I'd have put weight back on again, I was almost afraid to get on the scales again coz I didn't want the disappointment.

But then I saw my punching bag.. lol.. It has 'Mea culpa' scrawled all over it in big black texta letters to remind me that it was my fault and my laziness and my fear of facing up to myself that let me get this way in the first place. (to make me hit it harder)
No more hiding from it.

I'm still on target to be under 90kgs by the end of March. :) Yay me.

Draco

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress