It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Free Newsletter

My Progress! - Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My Progress! - Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels

Postby zoeh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:10 pm

I have been on here a short while now and am finding it a little addictive... in a good way though because daily I want to come on here and be proud to write an adequate amount of exercise per day and food eaten.

Depending on how I feel I have noticed that I will open a few topics and I thought I may as well just start a personal progress instead of opening topics on how I feel on a particular day.

What I am striving for:

Is to have my 'dancer' figure back... I want to get down to the splits again and not have to wear 2 bras to dance class when everyone else is wearing an inbuilt support singlet or similar... I don't want to be the biggest in the class.
    To be toned, my arms wobble like there is no tomorrow.
    To be healthy and have a healthy appetite and have more energy.
    To be down to a size 6/8 instead of a 10/12 (mostly a 12)
    To lose a breast size, they are horrid and uncomfortable and hard to dance with, why people get huge breast implants I will never understand...
    Go to the gym everyday in the morning

My current weight is 65kg
My eating plan is 1270 calories per day

Lets see how we go...

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:15 pm

Thanks for sharing have a great list there!! You can do it!!

Glad that you are finding the forum addidtive!! It gets you like that 8)

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Nice to see your goals Zoeh. Writing it down really helps sometimes. Looking forward to sharing your progress :)

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Postby zoeh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm

I just read the post about stars when you reach your daily goals etc and I think it is a fantastic idea.

I am going to put a star on my calender each day I do the following:

1. Do at least 60 minutes of exercise, this can include a walk for those tired days (the reason why I want to stick to 1 hour instead of 30 minutes is because I sit on my butt for 6 of those at work so I dont think 1 hour of being active is much at all considering)
    2. I eat under or just on my calorie allowance (no cheating)

At the end of the month if I get a star on every day I am going to book in for a 1 hour massage

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:36 pm

Great idea Zoeh! I hope that you enjoy that coming massage :)

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:10 pm

nic elist and nice idea zoeh. thanks for sharing ur journey with us we love having u here with us

Postby zoeh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:23 pm

aw i love the support here!

Postby zoeh » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:27 pm

I had dancing today which was awesome as usual... I can do double turns perfectly now which is such a fantastic achievement considering I have only gotten back into it seriously this year. It is so good to keep going to classes to see improvements. Not go, think oh that was fun, and then don't turn up for two weeks. Consistency is key with everything!

When i got home i weighed myself and it said 63.8kg which deserves a big smile... but I am going to call that 64kg because 0.2 is too much of a fluctuation. I'll wait until it gets down to 63.0 before I declare 63kg.

Its so weird that dancing for 3 hours doesnt make me lounge around the house for the rest of the day... because I love it so much when I get home and after I have had something to eat I wish I was back doing another class. I guess I will just practice steps at home...

Feeling good.......

There are these protein bars called well,naturally which I think someone on here has recommended. I had one after dance class and it made me feel so full just contently full. I havent had any other protein bar that made me feel that content and it didnt seem to have that many additives etc - it seemed healthier than other protein bars on the market.

Also bought a packet of stars for my Calendar. Can't wait to put one on before I go to bed tonight...

14kgs to lose........... I want it SOOOOOOOOO BAD

I have to keep remembering how good it feels to be closer to your goal. I find when I binge or cheat on my weight loss I just think meh its too hard I'll start back tomorrow. But then on days where I have followed the plan and havent done anything bad at all I feel fantastic and feel closer to my goal!!

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:34 pm

Good on you, Zoe. It's so nice to hear of your passion for dancing and how it keeps you motivated.

I like the star idea too. I haven't worked out all the details of the diet side of my 'lifestyle change'. So far I've cut out alcohol for a whole month and I have just stopped sugar for 2 weeks - one thing at a time. But I can certainly do it for my exercise plan.

Looking forward to hearing more of your slimming process.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby zoeh » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:46 pm

This might help you with your diet: ... yramid.jsp

It tells you how much of each food group you need.

Basically I make sure I get about 3 servings of protein a day, I include yoghurt in that... and lots of salads and minimise any processed foods.

I dont know if that helps. Ive gone to three different naturopaths and have so many books on diets including the CSIRO diet, Body for Life book, 'How Not To Get Fat' (a book from an old gym I went to), You Are What You Eat etc... and I found my body finds it hard to break down protein and so I limit my protein to 3, that is the most I can handle, and try and eat as much fresh salads etc as possible. has been a great help too.

Hope this helps!!

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 am

Well done Zoeh, it is great to write out your goals so you know what direction you're heading. Also listening to and understanding your body is good as you can really start to customise your eating so it works for you and your goals.

I also have the Well, Naturally protein bars on occasion. The caramel one is really nice.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby zoeh » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Oh i have been so slack!

It was my birthday on Monday....

I had a party/bbq on Saturday and had dancing for three hours and then saved all my calories so I didnt go over it at the BBQ.

Then on Sunday I spent the day with my ex (the one that 'got away') and then on Monday (my birthday) I was so upset about my ex etc that I just sobbed all day!!!

I couldnt even cut my cake because I was crying so much. You know those sobs that are really loud.. I just couldnt stop. He destroys me.

So now my skin has broken out a little which sucks because I have an audition tomorrow, I havent really been eating and have been having a few cigarettes which is very bad. Not that many though...

I am going to be huffing and puffing so much on Saturday at dance from it.

I haven't done any exercise at all since Sunday!!!

Dont you hate it when you KNOW someone is bad for you but you just cannot keep away and they just keep taking advantage of it.

I want something more than that...

But he means so much

On another note because I havent really been eating properly etc I have this really gross stale taste in my mouth. Ive been drinking water and chlorophyl from a health store to get rid of it but its still there. Its really disgusting...

Postby Mandie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Oh no, you poor thing! Don't worry, you'll sort it all out and be fine.. you seem very dedicated to your dancing and your weight loss so I'm sure you can sort out your love life too!

Now I don't mean to be rude here.. but ciggies certainly do cause a stale taste in your mouth (I know,I still occasionally smoke them - but don't tell anyone because I'm almost a doctor!) so maybe try to cut those out and go the gum instead and see if that helps?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:49 am

Image zoeh! i hope you had a great time at the bbq/party :) how old are u now? sorry the ex is messing with your mind. its really hard to be just friends with an ex. you probably need to take this time to make some big decisions! either rid him from your life completely (you dont have kids therefore you dont have ties to him) or remain friends but not be so upset by him. best wishes for your audition mate, let us know how it goes!!

Postby tree » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:19 pm

The nasty taste in your mouth may be Ketosis (?sp) It is a chemical reaction that occurs in your body as you are losing weight - something to do with the liver. Keep up the water and brushing your teeth helps.

Also be careful that you are not going too low on your calories as the body may start to burn muscle mass to fuel the activity you are doing.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg

Return to Personal Progress