It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:46 am

Free Newsletter

My Progress! - Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:16 pm

hey zoeh glad you are feeling good on it, let us know how the date goes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zoeh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:48 pm

This is my food diary...

During the first four weeks on the sureslim diet i have to add an additional:

80g sweet potato
40g avocado
5 almonds or 2 brazil nuts

this is meant to ease your body into the program more, not sure how that works but it might be because sweet potato can help reduce sweet cravings while i get used to it and avocado and almonds for oil or something...

My diet is pretty much going to be as follows during the first four weeks, with slight variations:

BREAKFAST

175g natural yoghurt
1 piece of fruit
2 tablespoons of flaxseeds/linseeds
2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
1 slice of Burgen Soy Lin Bread with 1 tablespoon of olive oil

LUNCH

80g baked sweet potato
110g of tinned tuna or chicken
115g vegetables
1 piece of fruit
5 almonds

DINNER

120g of fish or chicken
125g of vegetables
1 slice Burgen Soy Lin Bread with 40g of avocado

2 litres of water a day
and lots of green tea!! (herbal tea is unlimited on the program)

There are other combinations you can have on the program ie eggs, beans, tofu, red meat, cereal etc but the above is what my tastes are best suited to.

The seeds I eat for breakfast though I think are on all their programs. I used to eat museli and yoghurt for breakfast so now I heat up the apple and put in the seeds and yoghurt instead and i have to say it tastes heaps better than what I used to eat (to me anyway)

Another thing is, this is my second day on the program, I feel cleaner already, my stomach definitely is flatter but I think thats because I was bloated before and I have gone to the toilet today and yesterday and usually I am not regular at all (yah embarrassing subject but interesting to note).
zoeh

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:06 pm

So no snacks at all?

Your calorie count is probably high because of the seeds - they tend to be high in fat but are really good for you, so I wouldn't worry about being over.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby zoeh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:28 pm

You are not allowed any snacks at all and have to eat after 5 hours of your last meal.

This is very interesting because so many professionals say you should have snacks

This is some information on that idea:

Why does SureSlim advocate 5 hours between meals?

We advise this gap because it takes approximately 4 hours for the digestive cycle to be completed. This means the time that the food entering your mouth takes to be completely digested, absorbed and the waste separated. Once this cycle is complete and the system is "empty", various beneficial hormone changes occur, such as a decrease in serum insulin and stimulation of growth hormone. Eating every 2 - 3 hours means that the pancreas is continually being stimulated to produce insulin, and this over stimulation may contribute to insuin resistance.

The 5 hour break takes a bit to get used to but so far, after I eat a meal, I am contently full and I dont get hungry until after 5 hours, just shows how much I eat from stress/habit/boredom

Usually if i didnt eat for that long I would eat a whole lot of crap and then get hungry again but I havent been craving anything on this so far....

Its only the second day though.

Work will be a real test because I normally snack at work.
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:51 pm

Oh for those who may be curious, i did contact that dietician place because when I was there she scheduled me in for a follow up appointment and I went ahead booking it knowing I'd cancel it, and I left a message because saying I wont be attending my appointment and I wasnt happy with the consultation and a few additional things and they never phoned me back

I also emailed the Dietician Association in Australia and they never replied to me

And I emailed the dietician I saw and she never responded...

So I would never go to a dietician again or recommed it through that lack of customer service
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:00 pm

well done for doing something about that dietician zoeh- make your voice be heard mate!! sounds interesting that sureslim i hope it works for you. i dont think id be able to go on it. doesnt sound like something i could keep doing for life
kate_turner2000

Postby zoeh » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:38 pm

ok so i started the diet on saturday

its now wednesday

5 days in

stomach is heaps flatter, my head is so much clearer, i'm less emotional.. isnt amazing how much your diet contributes to that sort of thing?

i've been regular and feeling good

i weighed myself and i seem to be about 1.5kg lighter but its just before TTOTM so I dont know if I retaining anything... (usually I weight more just before)

I have cheated once and had a piece of cake for my brother's birthday but i still kept all principles on that day and i went to the gym to sort of minimise the effects of it.. yeah i know its still bad because its cleaning the inside and regardless of exercise, bad food is still going to do damage, but i also figure 1 bad thing isnt too bad...

I saw my sureslim measurements and I remeasured myself and they all seem to be about 4cms smaller (bust, hips, waist) so thats fantastic.
zoeh

Postby Ally » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:41 pm

A good all round result there Zoe!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zoeh » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Ohhhhhhhh the end is soooooooooooooooooo far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

doesnt it just feel like your weight loss goal is forever away?
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Sat May 05, 2007 5:15 pm

Ok today is the end of week 2

So far I have lost 2 kgs (and I have cheated a couple of times)

Now when I eat sugar/chocolate/cake I get the biggest head spins because my body isn't used to the sugar etc and it really just makes me feel yuck. Which is good because the last time I cheated I got that and I have been so strict ever since.

I feel so clean and my skin is clearing heaps, I am nowhere near as emotional and I am a lot calmer in general.

These days when I see biscuits etc on special at the supermarket I am not even interested, before I would buy them and binge eat the whole packet.

No where near as bloated as before, I feel really good on this eating plan, its like a feel good eating plan.

I feel lighter and because I feel lighter I am more confident and am even pushing myself more in dance class, before sometimes I would just want to hide because I was the biggest in the class or have the biggest chest in the class and would just do the exercises minimal so I can not put attention on me. Now I am making suggestions of what to do and am up the front of the class to help show people how to do the routine part of the dance class.

Best money I have ever spent I reckon, my head has never been so clear, I hope that makes sense to people.. I notice when I had cheated that my head gets a bit fuzzy from the sugar etc... and its harder to think properly which is probably why I felt easily stressed before the eating plan.

It really is a way of life, and knowing how great I feel in 2 weeks, at this stage I couldn't imagine going back to old eating habits, especially after the experiences from cheating and feeling the effects of bad food.

But I am someone who can happily eat the same thing for breakfast for years and similar with lunch, and dinner I like a bit of variation but not too much so I imagine it would be hard for someone who hates eating the same thing all the time, and hates seeds... I love the food I am eating.

:D
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:05 pm

keep up the great work zoeh :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zoeh » Wed May 09, 2007 10:01 pm

This morning I got up and weighed myself and i was so shocked to see 61.9kg!!!

I was beside myself!!!

Then today a guy at work said to me, I don't mean to be rude, or inappropriate, I do have a fiance and all but have you lost weight? I looked up and sorry to sound like a pervert but I saw your behind and noticed your pants were looser than usual and noticed that you were looking pretty good.

Ahahhaha i took it as a compliment!!!

My commercial in on TV!!! You can view it on the kleenex website...

http://www.kleenex.com/au/advertising.asp

I am the bridesmaid on the far right...

Oh no now everyone knows who I am!!!
zoeh

Postby milkyway » Wed May 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Great stuff Zoe. I've seen that ad on telly but I didn't even make the connection that was the one you were in. You look hot!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zoeh » Wed May 09, 2007 10:33 pm

Oh wow thanks!!!

You know when you see yourself on screen like in a homemade movie or anything and you just see all the imperfections and things I should have done... so I really appreciate it!!

Apprently there is a longer version on tv...
zoeh

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:03 am

hey zoeh wow what a compliment. must be he is checking out your backside all the tiME!~

thanks for sharing the ad with us... just checking it out now...wow its nice to put a face to a name :) do you realise you look exactly like the chick next to you?! haha
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress