It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

milkyway's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: milkyway's progress

Postby Cac33 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:36 pm

Hey San glad to hear the PT session went well. It's strange to think to loose more weight you need to eat more but it works especially if you're doing so much physical activity. Try out some protein shakes too as I find they are great for before or after work outs & don't taste too bad. I prefer the musashi ones best.

Hope you went well on your 2nd pt session this morning :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:15 pm

Remind me to never have PT AND running club on the same day :oops: That was harsh! But I slept like a baby last night. I'm getting tired of all the showers I have to have... it was OK in warmer weather, but I hate showering twice a day in the cold (and my bathroom is freezing). Brrr :P

I've got some protein powder and I have it with skim milk and milo and it's tolerable. Not too floury. I've also got boiled eggs on hand and unsalted, raw cashews to munch on. It's a start. It's really hard having to eat more!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:44 pm

I hate showering in the cold! The worst thing is that your towel doesn't get a chance to dry after your last shower, so it's cold and wet too. Either that or you have to get a new towel each time which means tonnes more laundry if you're showering that often!

PT and running club in the same day? I'm trying to decide whether you're a legend or a glutton for punishment! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:09 pm

I was in the same position as you were, eating around 1340 cals a day and when my PT said I was under eating it was a struggle to increase. Then when I upped my running even more and with the 5 times a week gym session and hockey my body was screaming for more energy, when I saw the sports dietician having to up my cal to 2000 I was iffy. Boy oh boy did I see the results. I swear to you, you'll see some great results and you will lose the weight.

Its amazing but so so true. Eating does make you lose the weight.

My PT was the same, said I had to increase my protein intake and I found it really hard to do. Hahahaha my dietician had some distain for he's view and said my protein intake was fine & I need to eat more carbs to sustain my running. Carbs are the fuel that fuels our bodies to run.

I so know the pain you are talking about with running and PT sessions on at the same day. It gets easier.

Enjoy your protein drink nuts mmm I make this yummy trial mix with dried apple, apricot, sultana, mixed nuts & dark chocolate. Which is so good and satisfying.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:22 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:PT and running club in the same day? I'm trying to decide whether you're a legend or a glutton for punishment! :lol:

Or just plain stupid? :P

Bella - I was thinking about you yesterday and how you had to up your calorie intake. I'll consider visiting a sports dietician but my PT's eyes light up at the mere mention of sports nutrition and he says he lurves getting right into it. After my three week, three session trial, I'll sign up for 10 x sessions to take me through to the tapering period of my training.

It's so tempting to fill the extra calorie void with choc coated scotch finger bickies and other such goodies, but I will be strong and go for the healthy option :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:38 am

Showering twice a day in winter, I agree way way way too cold!

Good on you for continuing with the PT, I think it will really help with your training.
Keep smiling & running!
Cass

Cac33

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:31 pm

I am absolutely knackered!

My weight is stable at the moment - still trying to sort out the eating more and more protein thing. Will take me a few weeks to get used it.

Ran on Sat with my sister and went out with the girls yesterday on bikes for a 19km ride and then for a short run. I've never done the transition thing before and it was bizarre. My legs didn't work properly and I was kind of dizzy and leaning to the left - I couldn't run straight! So funny. I think we only managed to run about 3km before we called it a day. The ride really took it out of me. It wasn't that far and wasn't that hard - at least I didn't feel it at the time. But I had to have a nana nap in the afternoon to recover :oops:

This morning i did a boxing class and then had PT and now I'm just about falling asleep ... *yawn*

I've had to switch my rest day to Wed cos my PT is only available Mondays and Tuesdays and I can't do the Tuesday PT and Running Club double. So no more Monday sleep ins. What a way to start the week. It's great though - I'm loving it :D
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 am

i feel tired just reading that san!!

pt first thing in the morning is tough but i find that i feel great...till i get home from work & then i totally crash!!

a mid-week rest day sounds like a good time for a rest day though :)

what's the new eating plan like? (sorry - so nosy!!)
sassi

Postby Cac33 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:57 am

Well done San that sounds like a very full on work out!!!! No wonder you needed a nap.

You're doing so well, keep it up & the weight will really drop off you.

HUGS
Cass

Cac33

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 pm

Thanks lovely ladies.

Back from running club and I will sleep well tonight. I had to run 2 x 6 mins, 2 x 5 mins, 2 x 4 mins, 2 x 2mins and 2 x 1min. What does that add up to? A lot of mins running at a decent pace for me. We ran out for half the time, then turned around and ran back. 90 second recovery between reps. One half was always on a slight uphill. It was a great training session - I loved it. It's called fartlek. The coach reckons this type of training really pays off down the track during an endurance event.

Bad news is the faster running hurts my ankles. Better get that seen to before it becomes too problematic. Could just be I need a bit more conditioning. But I'll book in to see my osteo in the next week or so. Bout time for an adjustment anyway :P

Sassi - diet is just the same as usual - but have added more protein and more meals. I try to cram something in before I leave for work as I normally eat breakie at my desk around 9am. I have cooked up a batch of baked skinless chicken drumsticks to have on hand for extra protein. I have skim milk drinks with milo and protein powder (with milo is the only way I can tolerate the protein powder. I also have more eggs and nuts. I have a big bag of unsalted cashews to get through. I'm also adding tofu to my soups. Heaps of veggies for dinner and working more into lunch. I hate fruit so I aim to have a glass of juice a day instead. My PT says eat more, eat more often and eat more protein. It's hard though - I'm often not hungry and have to force something down.

Don't mean for my diet to sound saintly - still squeeze in a small amount of chocolate though not every day now and the odd bickie at work or rice snacks etc. And I only eat more on the days I exercise. It's so I don't using my own lean muscle mass as a fuel source to cope with my increasing training load.

I find that getting up early to exercise gives me the motivation to say 'no' to a lot of different food tempations during the day - like I didn't get at 5:40 something to train just to ruin it all by putting that in my mouth! I am usually feeling quite tired and often a little sore, so it's a constant reminder to be strong!

Anyway, I'm starting to feel really strong. I haven't felt like this for years. It's such a great feeling :D
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:55 pm

You're doing so amazingly well, San. You're an absolute machine! Sorry to hear the faster running hurts your ankles. Hopefully a sports podiatrist or something will help solve that problem. Have you tried taping your ankles? My partner had to do that all the time when he played soccer. It might help.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:41 pm

I woke up this morning without any ankle pain :D I iced them last night - not sure if it helped or not... it could be conditioning... or it could be less running on the balls of my feet. Anyway, I'm happy about that :)

I've got itchy feet ... it's my rest today :P Oh well, I got a looong walk home from the station because I didn't realise I was on the express so went an extra stop :evil:
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby B'sgirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Hi San,

Just checking in to see how you're doin'. Glad your ankle's feeling better!

Take care,

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:59 am

Hi San! That sounds like an intense training session!!! Sounds like you did well though. Take care of your ankles & good idea to get it checked out early.

You're doing so well & I'm so proud of you!!
Cass

Cac33

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 am

hope the ankle is on the mend :)

your eating doesn't sound saintly - it sounds yum! mmmm tofu. :D

love hearing that you're feeling strong - that's one of the things i'm aiming for as well :)
sassi

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress