It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:42 am

Free Newsletter

milkyway's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: milkyway's progress

Postby candycane » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:13 pm

hey darlin! Quick question, ur training program sounds grueling. How much do u train per week? And how do u fit it all in?

I always find it hard like working out how much protein n stuff i need. My PT told me how many serves of each food per day i need so as long as i fall within that amount i should be ok hehe (and not need to snack on bad foods :P )

well done with all your training ur going fantastically :)

xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:44 pm

candycane wrote:hey darlin! Quick question, ur training program sounds grueling. How much do u train per week? And how do u fit it all in?

I always find it hard like working out how much protein n stuff i need. My PT told me how many serves of each food per day i need so as long as i fall within that amount i should be ok hehe (and not need to snack on bad foods :P )

I'm running about 25~30km per week over 4 sessions. I'm doing a strength training PT session once per week (none next week to aid with recovery from the half marathon on Sunday), lots of walking (but I don't really count that as exercise - I probably walk about 45 mins a day including walks with the pooch, to and from the station etc.) and a cross training session such as bike riding, swimming, or boxing/group exercise class.

It's becoming a part of my routine now so it's not so hard to fit it in but rather harder to fit everything else in! It's all a matter of priorities. I have to start planning my next world trip for work but I told my boss it's not going to interfere with my marathon training!!! I have to go back to Europe soon but I will try and put it off until Oct (Melb. Mara)... cos I also want to take a week off and do some sightseeing, catch up with more friends etc. but can't afford to take that sort of time out from my training :D

Fortunately my workplace is reasonably flexible. My contracted hours are 8:45am to 5pm with 45 mins for lunch but I rarely leave before 5:30 and tonight I left at 6:30pm, but I this morning I arrived at 9am and got a run and shower in at lunchtime - took about 1:15 so it all evens out... well, more in their favour! :P But that's alright.

So my current schedule is long run on Sunday morning, PT Monday morning, Running Club Tues night, rest Wed, run Thurs, run fri, cross train Sat. This sat I'll be resting up though. When I'm up to it, I will do 2 x running club sessions per week but at the moment, the coach only wants me to do 1 x quality/speed session.

My PT just says to make sure I'm eating protein every 3 hours or so. Doens't have to be a huge meal - a handful of nuts, museli bar, milk, protein shake etc.

Ankle is all good :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Your training sounds great!!!

Hahahah you're starting to sound like me. I fit everything around my running and gyming.

Another world trip, how fantastic! Will you be taking hubby with you to some of your destinations, like the time your boss said you could have taken hubby to London with you?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 am

Wow San you sure are putting 100% into your training. You're incredible!!!!
Good luck for the half marathon on the weekend!!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 am

I'm so impressed with your training schedule, San. It seems to be really working for you too!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 pm

I had a pretty tough race today: a half mara (21.1km) - it wasn't pretty. My feet are in sooo much pain right now! :( :evil: It wasn't nearly as easy as the Great Ocean Road Half - I really struggled, but my times were much better.

But the good news is, my knees didn't get sore until the 19km mark :P

And somehow, I managed to break EVERY PB I've ever set in the one race! :shock: I knocked 4 seconds off my 5km time, 33 seconds off my 10km time, minutes off my 14 and 15km times and about 6.5 mins off my half mara time :) I finished in 2:06:57. So I'm rapt with that.

Recovery time now! :D
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:45 pm

you ran a half marathon - i'm in awe, that is so amazing! Great work beating your other times.
Strawberry

Postby tania2573 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm

I dont know much about running,but your times seem great and if your stoked than thats excellent.Congrats on beating previous times and on the half mara.
Well done and i hope your recovery is fast and as pain free as possible. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:25 pm

That's incredible San. Good on you for setting new PBs for each of your time milestones. That's absolutely awesome!

I hope your feet recover quickly. I imagine you're going to be pretty sore for a couple of days, but it sounds like it's soooo worth it!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:47 am

Well done San!! Congrats on not only finishing the race but beating your PBs!!

I'm so proud of you & you are such an inspiration to a new runner like me 8)
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:19 am

Hi, Well done on the 1/2 marathon! When forst reading your post and the sad face you had me thinking the race didn't go well at all. But to smash all you PB's thats fantastic. I wish i could say my knee didn't get sore until the 19km mark......
Well done on the run! It really is an amazing things to hear some one can run those distances in on go.
Tarz

Postby shelbel » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 pm

Good job on breaking your PB!! Its always something to continue to strive for, to knock more and more seconds off your best times. Hope you have recovered ok! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Bit sore today - no great shock. Just hope I pull up alright tomorrow so I can keep running!

I wore my compression gear to bed last night and I am afraid I may have overheated slightly as I had so many bad post apocalyptic nightmares ... I'd wake up and then fall straight back into the m again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Very tired today...

I had to recruit others to help me fill my water bottle today - they had to go up to the first floor water cooler with my bottle (I'm on the ground floor) :P What a baby, eh?
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:52 pm

Haha! I wouldn't call it being a baby. I'd call it a stealthy way to get your work colleagues to get more exercise! Go on, admit it. That was your plan all along, wasn't it? Soon you'll be having the poor buggers running laps with you on your lunch break too. :lol:

Sorry to hear you're a bit sore and that you didn't sleep well. I hope you recover quickly!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:06 pm

LOL
One of the guys I got to run upstairs is a pro sportsman on his weekends ;)

But really, I just enjoyed the attention, hahaha :lol:

I'm sure I'll be feeling much better tomorrow... here's hoping anyway :P
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress