It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

milkyway's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: milkyway's progress

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:42 am

how long does it take u 2 recover? hope it happens soon!
Strawberry

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:01 am

hey san, hope you're feeling better today :)

congrats on breaking your pb as well - you're absolutely flying along with the running now!

where does your running group train? are they one of the ones at the tan or albert park?
sassi

Postby candycane » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:22 am

hey san, wow thats a hectic training program! its so awesome though. If i didnt work and do uni i would love to fit more training in, at the moment i do 4 sessions a week, which is anywhere between 1 and 2 hours of cardio/strength (except saturday which is pump/pilates and swimming for 45mins). Hopefully once i feel a bit fitter i can get into what ur doing :) i'm currently trying to interval train myself on the treadmill :)

It sounds painful when u have to recover! i know im in pain after seeing my PT hehehe, but it means we're growing new muscle!! How good is cycle class hey??

xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby milkyway » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 pm

Strawberry wrote:how long does it take u 2 recover? hope it happens soon!

Recovery is getting a little quicker these days. It took about 4 days to feel human again after my first half. I'm feeling much better today but still a bit sore around my lower calves and my quads feel it when I stand up and sit down. I'll see my osteo in the morning to help iron them out. Not sure if I should be looking forward to that or not :P

I went to the Running Club session tonight and did the warm up but felt a bit sore in my calves and talked to the coach and he sent me home - said it's too soon after the half to do a quality/speed session. He doesn't advise anyone in his group do speedwork. He suggested a lap of the tan or if sore, go home. So off I went :( Oh well - I'll be back next week.

Sassi - we train at the Tan. It gets pretty busy - it's like the Bourke Street Mall on christmas eve some evenings and lunch times heh heh

CC - you're do so great with your committment to all your training - it's really inspiring to hear your positivity all the time :)

I am feeling a little thinner, extra room in my pants, tummy is shrinking that kind of thing. :) Will have to weigh in soon!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey San, doin the rounds of catching up and had to pop in to see how the running bunny is going!

You weighed in yet??
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:17 pm

Rest of the week has been a bit blah :( I feel like I've lost momentum and my recovery from the half has been harder than i expected. Still have sore feet and a little niggle in my ankles. Oh well, I have PT tomorrow morning so that's a good way to start the week. Straight back into it! Maybe the rest this week will have done me good.

Haven't weighed in yet - I want to weigh in at the same time, so will try to remember tomorrow morning. It takes a while too because I have to set up the wii fit to do it and don't always have time in the morning if I hit the snooze button too often :oops:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:02 pm

Lordy if I ran a half marathon I'd still be recovering three months later. I don't think a week is too long a time to recover! Hopefully your PT will give you exercises that are gentle to your recovering areas.

I know what you mean about the snooze button. I really should put my alarm on the other side of the room to force myself to get up!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 pm

The old snooze button... its my best friend and yet its my enemy.. SOund like your doing great though.. and give yourself some extra time for recovery and instead of feeling like you've lost momentum, think of how far you've come and how much fitter your body is now!

Indi :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:43 pm

hey san, just popping in to say hi! hope you're well :)

xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Mandie » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 pm

San, you've been going amazingly in my absence! You ran a half marathon? VERY impressive girl, well done! Along with weighing you should do some waist measurements to see how skinny you've gotten!

Keep up the Awesome work! You are a massive inspiration, I can't wait to be a runner someday :)
Mandie

Previous

Return to Personal Progress