It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Free Newsletter

Jennifer's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:02 pm

Kim, I have had some tough times lately and I've allowed those incidents to become an excuse to get off the great track I was on. I used them as excuses and it's led to nothing but weight gain :twisted: . I have to say that I am embarrassed that I allowed it to go this far, it was very shocking to jump on the scale and see just how much damage I had done.

I totally woke up to myself and now I am back on track. It’s just going to take a little longer, as I have to lose more weight than I originally started with. That is something I have to acknowledge and accept so I can get back on to the weight loss path I was on. I will not let my emotions rule what I put into my body (i.e. I will not binge on bread). I will take this as a learning curve and I will learn from this.

There is some really nice eye candy in the gym and all the cardio equipment faces the mirrors so you can see the weights and boxing area behind and watch the view :D .

I like to use the gym at night and it gets a little hectic. There are so many people wanting to use the equipment, waiting in line to get on the bikes, rowers or treadmill – just like it was when I used to go to Fitness First. I had enough of so last night I went into Rebel Sports and purchased a York treadmill and I’m starting up my own little gym. No more excuse now, so I can’t use “it’s to crowded, it’s too windy, it’s to dark, it’s to cold” as an excuse for not exercising.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:12 pm

I jumped on the scales provided in the gym last week and got a shock when it read 81kgs. I wanted to cry then and there but I was still in denial about being in the 80’s so I went back up to my apartment and dug out the weights and it also read 81kgs. Reading that number affirmed even more why I need to put a stop to my emotional eating and get back on track.

Well I jumped on the scale this morning to see if I’d lost any weight and I am happy to say that I have lost 2kgs. Seeing that loss has motivated me even more, I like seeing the numbers go down.

I am going to break down my goal to 5kg intervals so I’m not scared off by how much weight I have to lose.

I’m also going to record my measurements to get a more accurate measurement and mainly go of the measurements than the actual numbers on the scale. As the number on the scale tends to determine my mood and I don’t want to be ruled by the numbers. It’s just a number after all. I want to achieve a fat free body but most of all I want to have great health, in body, mind and spirit.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:36 pm

hey jen

good on you for biting the bullet and weighing in. thats the hard part over. :) you are going to lose this weight once and for all and once you have your operation you will be looking and feeling better than ever!

nice work on buying the treadmill. get that spare room sorted into your very own gym and your friends will have no where to crash! you're on to something there! yay!!

love ya!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Hey Jen it seems like a lot of us have had the same problems lately!! I agree with Kate that the hard part is over (with the scales) you now have some where to start from.....good on you matey for not giving up altogether and getting back to healthy eating and exercising! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:55 pm

I played the numbers game again today. The love/hate relationship I have with my scales - love it when I see the weight going down, hate it when I see the numbers going up.

I had a good reading this time round. I have lost a kilo.

I have to attend a Black Tie event on the 25th August so I want to get down to 74-73kgs. I have this gorgeous dress I want to wear but it's a little bit tight and I refuse to buy another dress. I'm setting myself a mini-challenge- to lose 3kgs and be able to wear this dress without feeling uncomfortable.

So for the entire month I am going to up the anti and do the following:
:arrow: no consumption of alcohol (there is no exception to this rule)
:arrow: no more quick meals on the run
:arrow: no more cakes with coffees when I meet friends for coffee
:arrow: start consuming more water.
:arrow: go for a run every morning before work
:arrow: 3x weight sessions per week in the evenings. I will not go out unless I have done my training session.

I know I can do it.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:57 pm

hey jen your new ticker looks fab. well done on the weightloss, see you can do it! i hope we get to see some pics of you all dolled up for your black tie event!? you are right you CAN do it :) keep us posted about how you are going with it all :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Yes, you CAN do it, Jen. You'll slinking into that dress before you know it :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm

you can absolutely do this jen. your challenges will stretch you but aren't realistic - exactly the way targets should be :)
sassi

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:41 pm

Thanks girls - I appreciate all your support.

I've been keeping very busy lately and surprisingly I've been thinking very little about food, and thus have not consumed and gorged on my comfort food - good old wholegrain bread :wink:

I've upped my water intake this past week. I'm actually having boiled water with lemon for taste. It's so easy drinking water that way, why didn't I think of it before.

This morning I had a training date with my special friend. I thought hmmm I'm sick of doing things which require eating or drinking, he's a PT why not head out for a run and then a session in the gym. It ended up being a really good date, I got in my exercise, had good time chatting and he got to see me all sweaty and red and he didn't even run in the other direction hahahaha.

Kate - I might post some pics up. I'll see how they turn out first :D

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby sassi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:58 am

sassi wrote:you can absolutely do this jen. your challenges will stretch you but aren't realistic - exactly the way targets should be :)
blast. i just re-read my post. i'm so sorry jen - that was of course meant to be your challenges aren't unrealistic

argh! :oops:
sassi

Postby milkyway » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:07 am

'Special friend' :?: Oooh... Tell us more :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 am

Sandra!!! I never picked you for a gossip LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: ..........so Jen fess up who is this "special friend" :P :P :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:48 pm

sassi wrote:
sassi wrote:you can absolutely do this jen. your challenges will stretch you but aren't realistic - exactly the way targets should be :)
blast. i just re-read my post. i'm so sorry jen - that was of course meant to be your challenges aren't unrealistic

argh! :oops:

I understood what you meant :D

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:31 pm

Ok so before I tell you ladies the goss I am going to have a little vent.

...it's TTOM and my hormones are all over the place. I let old habits crawl back in. I was emotional and stressed so I took myself off to a cafe and indulged in a full-fat blueberry muffin :shock: and a skinny hot chocolate :shock: :evil:. I was so disgusted with myself afterwards I went for a long half hour walk in the botanical gardens. Now my poor feet are suffering because I was walking in high heels. Hahaha I must have made a sight power walking in heels and a suit :?. At least I built up a sweat so I'm hoping the fat wont go straight too my bust lol :oops: :oops:

Now to the juicy part -

Sandra and Ally - I've had enough of feeling sorry and isolating myself from the outside world. So I took action and stepped back into the social scene and have met 3 nice men :wink:

I'm dating (reads just dating lol) all 3. One I met out while having drinks with friends, the other I met at a 30th birthday and the third one I've known for a while (he's actually a mate of my ex :oops: )

So that's the goss. It’s getting a bit awkward finding time and juggling all 3 lol. I've told all three about the others, and not to push or expect too much, I want to be totally honest and not feel pressured to do anything. It's under my terms.

What a way to boost a girl’s confidence. After I broke up with my ex I felt undesirable and unwanted. Now, I still have my moments but I push it to the back of my mind, I focus on getting out there and living life and not being all gloomy doomy :D :D .

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby KimE » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:50 pm

Wow, go Jen. Well done on your loss to date and it is fantastic you are really getting back on track. You sound motivated and determined and like your enjoying life again. Good for you!!

Juggling 3 men, you mover. I think it's great that you have been honest with them all so they know what's going on. What a boost alright.

:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress