It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Tamara's Personal Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby aramat1980 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:19 am

This week I put on 600g which I really don't understand.
I had a treat on Saturday night as my eldest stayed with Daddy and the youngest stayed with my parents. So I decided as I had been good all week and could relax I could have a treat.
What I don't understand is my clothes are looser but my weight went up. Could someone explain this to me?
Sorry if I sound like I'm whinging. I was just so proud of myself last week. This week I'm a bit down.
Image
aramat1980
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Rosewood

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:53 am

Sounds like you gained muscle mass rather that fat. Muscle weighs more than fat but is more hmmm how to explain....taut, dense, compact than fat so takes up less room, thus making you look more slim lined than you would had you gained fat. That's why your clothes are loser on you.

It's actually good to have more muscle mass because muscle burns more cals (energy) than fat does, so while you rest your muscle are working away to burn more energy.
Image

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
User avatar
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm

Postby aramat1980 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:03 am

can you build muscle in two weeks? i've only done weights three times in the last two weeks. i'm so confused.

but thank you
Image
aramat1980
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Rosewood

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:59 am

HI tamara these things happen unfortunately. it could be a number of factors from muscle weight, TTOTM, fluid and sodium levels. keep doing what you are doing and it will settle down for you
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby aramat1980 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:04 am

Hi Kate, thanks!

Just hope that's all it is and I haven't been eating in my sleep.

Actually, do you know much about calorie intake? ie if I don't eat the 1200 minimum per day, will i gain weight coz it stores the food (my body)?
Image
aramat1980
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Rosewood

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:06 am

Hi Tamara the girls have already suggested what I had thought on both counts (great minds think alike!! LOL).

Your body can go into starvation mode with too few calories each day, so if possible try and eat at least your minimum..... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
Image
[/url]
Ally
 
Posts: 4799
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Rockhamtpon, Central Queensland!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 am

hey tamara nah i dont know the logistic of calorie counting however i know that if you dont eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and will therefore store all that fat and nutrients because it doesnt know when its going to get a feed again!!! are you having problems reaching 1200 a day?
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby aramat1980 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:16 am

I did have a couple of days where i had trouble reaching the 1200 yes, and i don't know why when before i had NO trouble at all overeating!!!


Thanks Ally
Image
aramat1980
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Rosewood

Postby aramat1980 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Had a look at my graphs for last two weeks. Looks like I was over calorie wise, three days out of seven so that may be my problem this week. I didn't exercise those three days.....
SLAP on wrist :x :(
Image
aramat1980
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Rosewood

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:03 am

dont worry about it!! that is a pretty small amount of weight in the scheme of things - could be fluid, maybe you had to go to the bathroom? anything!

dont beat yourself up over it. sounds like you've been pretty darn good all week! my dietician used to tell me that you should aim to make the healthy choice 80% of the time, and the other 20% - live, because life is short!

best of luck for next week - keep going with your exercise and stuff - the weight will come off, and your clothes will keep getting looser! you can do it!
User avatar
Mandie
 
Posts: 2811
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:34 pm
Location: Perth

Previous

Return to Personal Progress

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest