It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

Free Newsletter

Julie's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Julie's Journey

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:28 pm

I thought this progress journal type thing would be a good idea because the longest I have actually stuck to any sort of diet is just over 2 weeks. So the theory is I try to write a little blog at few times a week and hopefully a lot of those entires will be when weight has come off. Then in 2 weeks time when I am about ready to pull the plug I come back here and see how far I have come.

This is more so for my own records, but if anyone wants to comment they are certainly welcome to :)

So here goes:

Starting weight: 138
Today's weight: 137.1

Food: None (Day 1 of 48hr fast)
Exercise: 20 mins taebo, (will hopefully have to edit this later to add more, If I don't I'll kick my own butt lol)
Water: 2l so far
Julz

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:15 pm

progress pages are great :) where did u get the fasting idea from? it can do alot more harm than good
Jisgone

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 pm

The fasting thing is just from my own experience, I find that if I don't eat for a couple of days its a good kickstart for me. For starters I lose a lot of weight immediately (mostly fluid I know- but its more of a pyschological thing), the immediate weight loss motivates me. I find it must shrink my stomach because after a 2 day fast I find that I can't eat the same sized food portions as I did before the fast. I've done this many times since I was a teenager, it came about after doing the 40 hour famine with no adverse effects.

The biggest challenge for me is to take full advantage of the quick initial weightloss by sticking to my diet and exercise plan for longer than 2 weeks.
Julz

Postby Jisgone » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:01 am

ah k, ive read that its really bad, i havent been able to eat for 2 days due to my tonsilitis and im terrified of going into starvation mode and gaining weight this week :P heres hoping your idea works hehe
Jisgone

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 am

Hey Julz, congrats on starting a progress page. They are very motivational and inspiring. It definitely keeps you in check.

Not to be a downer on your progress to a better you, but is starvation the way to go? I know you stated that it shrinks your stomach but once you start eating even a small amount you might regain the initial weight you lost (which will be fluids) which might discourage you from going beyond the 2 week mark. I hope this does not occur and I wish you the very best.

I'm not trying to lecture you, lol. All the best. Keep us posted on how you go.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Jisgone » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:22 am

i heard the same thing about regaining it plus more i think u need food to keep your metabolism moving, it needs food to burn to keep it moving
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 am

hey julz good on ya for starting the progress page :) its ur own special haven :) how come ur ticker is showing o.999999999999 at the start of it? im confused :? lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Julz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:30 am

I think the ticker was showing the .9kg I had lost, I have it fixed now :)

Thanks for the advice guys, I have read all the stuff about not fasting too. I have also read stuff about the benefits of it. Its only for 2 days and once over I am going to resume eating small portions of healthy food. I've done it before and been fine with 2 days, I have done it for longer but I find that my metabolism does slow down after anything longer than 2 days. I guess it comes down to the individual, everyones metabolism is different.

I'm not sure whether I will last the 2 days, I went grocery shopping this morning and bought heaps of fresh fruit and vegies and at the moment I have a real bad craving for zucchini, mushrooms, tomato and onion. So unless this craving subsides thats going to be my dinner lol. At least its a healthy craving for a change. I didn't buy any junk food this week, I'm really motivated after weighing myself this morning and seeing I had lost more weight.

So last night I did 20 sit ups, pretty poor effort but its a start. That was all I could manage. I think I was being a bit delusional about how unfit I am. I was thinking I used o be ale to do 1000 sit ups when I was a teenage easily I should be able to handle 100 man was I wrong!. I wanna try to get up to 30 today which should be achievable especially since when I tried last night it was after doing 20 mins taebo workout and already aching.

Just on the subject of Taebo, man was I unco! Taebo wasn't made for people with big boobs and bellies they get in the way lol but it was a good workout I was dripping with sweat afterwards. I was going to do it again tonight ut I think I will give it a miss because my husband will be home tonight and I can imagine how funny I look. I think I will drag him and the kids out with me for a nice long walk tonight instead.
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:46 am

hey julz sounds like you are doing well with the exercise, small steps mate so you dont injure yourself and build up gradually. good on u forbuying lots of healthy food. i love grocery shopping because i can just walk straight through the confectionary section (thats a challenge i set myself) without grabbing this or that on the way through. i also like checking out all the fresh produce and checking the backs of products for the ingredients and nutritional value :)

as for the fasting thing, it sounds like you have done your research on it and i wish you all the best :)

your ticker looks great :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:30 pm

All the best Julz and if you are craving fresh vegetables then that's got to be a good start.

LOL with the Tae Bo, I was all over the place the first few times I did that. Stick with it, it does get easier and you do pick up the moves.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Julz » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:04 pm

Todays weigh in: 135.1 :D

Can't wait to get under 135, for some reason every 5, 10, 15 etc... seems to be a mini goal.

I did end up eating last night, vegies and a lamb skewer, I'd normally eat 5 or 6 of them so I was happy with my effort.

I was real slack in the exercise dept. yesterday, I did nothing :( Doing better today though, just got back from a walk and done 20 situps earlier, going to do some more exercise 2nite.

We were out and about shopping today and hubby decided to get Hungry Jacks, I resisted and got a bottle of water from there. I had a honey soy and garlic vegie stir fry 2nite while hubby and kids turned their nose up to it and ate fatty buritos.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with my progress so far :)
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:34 pm

welll done for saying no to the HJ's Julz. i really like burritos and i can have them if i adapt them- like i do with tacos etc. but it sounds like you had a yummy dinner anyway!! you are doing really well. i bet you asre feeling better in yourself already. as for the exercise, there will be times where you dont get to do the amount you want to do, but as long as your next round of exercise is a good one you will be fine :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:50 am

Well done on resisting HJ Julz....horrible fatty junk that it is....it always gives you a little spring in your step when you have said no to stuff like that doesn't it?? Your dinner sounded really yummy on both nights....Keep up the great work mate and you will see those kilos dropping off!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Julz » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:23 am

So I'm back to eating normal sized portions again, I'm just not eating as many. Saturday was a shocker for me no exercise t-bone and salad (covered in ranch dressing and cheese :() and I was picking at stuff all day, yesterday was not much better, I had roast veal and vegies for dinner. I did well at first having mostly vegies, and just a small serving of meat, but throughout the night I kept going back and picking at bits of meat. I just had a bread roll with some of the leftover veal this morning and now I wish I hadn't. I'm going to try to work extra hard to make up for that today.

All in all I guess I am doing ok because everyday I weigh myself theres a loss. Todays weigh in: 133.2, thats 4.8kgs already and it hasn't been a week yet, I can't complain about that! My biggest challenge now is to stick with it.

We're going away on holidays to qld on good friday so I would like to lose as much as possible before then. I'm worried about going to the theme parks and being too fat to fit on any of the rides and looking like a beached whale when it comes to swimming. So thats my main motivation at the moment.
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:32 am

hey julz what a great motivator! i would love to go on a gold coast holiday and do the theme parks. its so unfair :( LOL i hope you have a great time and im sure you will have dropped a fair bit between now and then- you are doing well so far if you have lost that much already in less than a week!!
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Personal Progress