It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:59 am

Free Newsletter

Julie's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:01 am

I have been doing pretty well on the food side of things but terribly with exercise. I haven't done any exercise since friday :oops: I've been so busy swamped with work, I haven't had much time to do anything. So thats my goal for this week, catch up on all my orders, and not take on too much more work so I have time to exercise.

Despite not exercising I still seem to be losing weight every day :D
This mornings weigh in: 132.9. Can't wait to get under 130!
Julz

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:24 am

good on you julz!

maybe start setting small goals - like exercising 2x a week, and then slowly increasing it? it can really motivate you and you would be surprised at how different you feel, as opposed to when you beat yourself up for every day you miss!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:35 am

hey julz ur ticker is looking good!! do some exercise when you can mate. i always say that there is always time to exercise and instead of being on the net for leisure time we could all be doing sit ups etc. you can do it this week!
kate_turner2000

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:48 am

I think you guys are right, I am going to have to make time starting today. I just got a bit of a wake up call when I weighed myself this morning and I was 133. Until now I had been losing weight without much exercise and I think I was lulled into a false sense of security. So now I gotta pull my finger out.

I also have to try to resist the urge to weigh myself everyday, its great when it shows a loss daily, but when theres a gain like today its a bit disheartening. It makes me feel bad even though I have lost 5kgs in less than a week so far. I have to start looking at the bigger picture or this will be my failing as it has been in the past. I get to the point after a couple of weeks I might have a couple of days when I weigh in with no loss or a gain and I think this isn't working why bother.

So my goals for this week are to stop weighing myself daily, once a week would be ideal but I know I won't do that so I'm going to start slowly and try to only weigh myself every 2nd day. Also to make the time to exercise seriously at least 3 times a week as well as 30 situps daily.
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:59 am

Julz wrote: I get to the point after a couple of weeks I might have a couple of days when I weigh in with no loss or a gain and I think this isn't working why bother.

i know what you mean there julz, it can be disheartening, thats why i have put my scales away since reaching my goal. with all the pressure of maintaining a certain weight i just dont need the stress. i go by the fit of my clothes and i know myself if i indulge too much that old habits are creeping back in. i exercise daily and eat pretty well so i know i am getting fitter and healthier.

keep your chin up mate
kate_turner2000

Postby Julz » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:20 pm

Well I haven't updated for a couple of days so here goes. I slipped up big time over the weekend, eating anything and everything and no exercise and I went back up to 133.3. But yesterday I woke up feeling really sick, I had the gastro bug my daughter had the day before so I spent all the day on the toilet and vomitting and actually passed out at one stage.

I'm much better today, but still feel like crap, its ttotm and I'm still a bit nauseous and I'm getting a cold to top things off. I think its from the hot and cold flushes I was getting yesterday. So I'm going to take it easy for a while until I am at least 95% as we are going away on holidays on good friday and I want to be better by then.

Well if nothing else good come outta the last couple days at least I lost that weight I put on and a bit more, I lost 2.5kg yesterday so now I'm at 131. I've dropped a size and can ear my size 24 cargo pants I couldn't fit into a couple of weeks ago yay :D This weeks goal is to get under 130.
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:06 pm

hey there julz thats no good that you havent been well. there are definately a lot of bugs going around at the moment! i hope that you lose the weight you want to lose before your trip away :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:59 pm

Sorry you have been unwell Julz....nothing worse than having both of those things at the same time!! You poor darl.....get better soon and well done on wearing those cargo pantsand dropping a dress size!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:29 pm

Julz ,those gastro bugs are so horendous(sp), but thats how I started my weight loss journey. I got a bug last May and lost 3 kg and just kept at it from there, heres hoping the same thing can happen for you. Glad you are feeling better , I bet you are looking forward to going away Easter Friday. :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Julz » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:05 am

Well this week has been a shocker I have been eating anything I want and no exercise. I just can't deal with the idea of diet and exercise at the moment I feel so crappy, still crook, think I have the flu or something. I have still managed to lose a little weight though probably because I haven't been eating much as I don't have much of an appetite and it hurts so bad to swallow. So this mornings weigh in, 130.7

I'm hoping to get better soon not just because it sucks being sick but I really want to get back into weightloss mode.
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:51 am

hi julz these things happen along the way whilst we are trying to lose weight, just try and stay as healthy as you can and drink plenty of water to flush out the system. its always a worry to see the scales going down because of being sick rather than being healthy and happier
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:15 am

So sorry to hear how sick you are Julz. Don't panic about the weight loss thing, concentrate on getting well. Just remember that holiday over Easter that you will not enjoy if you are still ill.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:18 am

Oh Julz, you poor thing. Hope you're feeling better soon, I know how hard it is to focus when you're feelign crook.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:02 pm

Feel better soon Julz
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Julz » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks for the support guys :)

I'm feeling a lot better today, still not 100% but getting better instead of worse so I'm happy. I went to the doctors today turns out the reason my throat is so sore is because I have tonsilitus (good excuse 4 ice cream :wink: )

I weighed myself this morning and I was 129.6, had to weigh myself 2 times again to check it was right lol. I'm so happy to be in the 120's now it just sounds so much better than 130's lol.

My new mini goal is to weigh 128 when I get home from our holiday. I'm hoping the fact that we are staying right on the beach will motivate me to get up off my fat bum and exercise.Only 4 days to go yay :D
Julz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress