It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

Julie's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:41 pm

Good job Julz on the weight loss!

Enjoy the icecream :D Hope your tonsils are better soon!

Ooh. you must be so excited for your holiday! It will be great to go for walks on the beach.. you lucky duck! Don't stress too much though, remember to enjoy yourself!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:04 pm

hey julz thats no good that you arent well- enjoy that ice cream on my behalf mate! enjoy your time away i hope you are better for it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:59 pm

Enjoy your holiday Julz and hope you are feeling better for when you go to the beach.

Well done on your weightloss, you are doing very well. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Julz » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:10 am

Well I haven't been around for a long time the holiday was pretty bittersweet, it was nice to get away, but theme parks and beaches aren't fun when you are fat. I don't think I have ever been so embarrassed as when I tried to get on a rollercoaster with my daughter only to find out I was too fat to fit on it. After that I didn't go on any rides or anything through fear of humiliation.

The diet went up sh*t creek on the holiday, as we had takeaway at least once a day whilst away, I'd put on 3-4kgs on holidays and thought I'll deal with it when we get home. Well that turned into next week then the week after then next month which never happened. So thats what led to this I'm ready to start again.

I have been planning on trying to lose weight for a while just keep putting it off though, I was thinking we're having a big bbq this weekend I'll do it after that. Then tonight I was googling for some fairy pictures when I come across a random picture, a woman in a fairy costume, she had lost a huge amount of weight, more than I need to and that was her after picture. I thought why the hell can't I do that.

Then I thought thats it I'll start next Monday. Then a little lightbulb went off in my head. Why wait..... just do it, theres always going to be some ocassion so if I can get through a little hurdle like a bbq to start with it will only make me stronger in the long run.

I hate myself at the moment. I disgust myself, I can't look at myself in the mirror I'm sick of it and I hate hating myself. I hate feeling like a big fat slob my weight is holding me back and ruining my life. I hate that every time I have a fight with my husband it ends up with me being called a fat b%^ch. I hate that I let him get away with it because thats how I often see myself.

Im not sure what my weight is at at the moment, I havent been game enough to get on the scales but thats my first mission tomorrow. I'm glad I have come back to this site, everyone is so supportive and inspiring. I have decided this time I am going to do things a little bit differently. I'm not going to tell anyone I'm on a diet, no one else is helpful, just critical and annoying. So I look forward to catching up on how everyone else is doing here. I'm excited about the thought of updating my ticker and hopefully watching it move in positive direction :)
Julz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:27 am

hey julz great to see you again! make sure you let us know how the scales go. they are scary things i know! but at least you have a starting off point :) glad the holiday went well but im sorry to hear about the rides. im sure once you have are at your goal you can head back for another holiday and relish how wonderful it is on the rides.

thats sad that your hubby calls you a fat you-know-what :( i think maybe he does it because its an easy comeback and he knows he will hurt you by saying it because you are sensitive about your weight. remember to lose the weight for you and you only.

start eating more healthy as soon as you get off the scales julz. dont wait til after the bbq because that is giving you a reason to eat whatever you like. you can still have a nice meal from the BBQ you just need to watch your portions :)

best wishes and please keep in touch
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:03 am

RE: The amusement ride thing - a few years ago, I had the exact same thing - had to get off a ride in front of all my friends because I was too fat for the safety harness... it was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life, and a big motivator to lose weight.

You seem very down on yourself at the moment. Self esteem is really important for weight loss. So many of us think that we will gain confidence as we lose kilos, and that we are not "worth" better until we lose weight. It's not true! As kate said, you have to lose weight for YOU.

Not because you need to lose weight to feel beautiful, not because you need to lose weight to be confident, not because you need to lose weight to change everything else about your life (becuase that won't happen!)

But lose it because you LOVE you, and you want to lead a healthier lifestyle. Exercise because you love your body and you want it to be in the best shape possible. Give yourself healthy food choices the majority of the time and feel the difference in your body. Do it because you're worth it!

As for the lack of family/friend support - that's awful! Hopefully this forum can help give you what you need, but most people need someone in the "real world" to support them and help them out. If you can't rely on family or friends, what about your doctor? Or a counsellor, or dietician?

Also - you need to sit down and work out what you like about yourself, and what you don't like about yourself, and figure out what you can change. Don't punish yourself by dieting, as so many of us do... but rather give your body the respect it deserves, and treat it healthily.. you'll feel much better for it!
Mandie

Re: Julie's Journey

Postby Julz » Sun May 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Well here I am again, back after nearly 2 years, been on and off the weightloss wagon. Now I'm back on it again, but for all the right reasons and I'm going to do it properly for once. In the past I would starve myself because it was easy and it worked in the short term. I thought why bother 'dieting' for a year to lose the weight, I could suffer living on practically nothing for 3 weeks losing the same amount I should in 6 months. But inevitably the weight comes back with a vengeance.

For such a long time I have been wanting to lose weight for the wrong reasons, to look good, make hubby proud etc.. this time around I'm doing it for my health. I want to be healthy and live as long as I can I want to be around to see my kids grow up. I had a bit of a wake up call when I had to go to hospital just before christmas last year but that didn't last, I slipped back into eating the same old crap. Recently my grandfather died, he had a heart attack, survived the first one, was doing ok, had a triple bypass surgery then died about an hour after the surgery having a massive heart attack. I thought to myself I have to change now, this could be me, afterall my pa was only slightly overweight. So this is what brings me back again.

I think this time around is going to be different, I am eating what I am supposed to I am using the CK website to track my calories and fats,protein & carbs and its been great. I have been eating heaps, never feel hungry and feel healthier after only 4 days. Another thing that is going to make a huge difference this time is my family is eating what I am eating, they have no choice. My hubby needs to lose weight too and blames my cooking for him being fat. I've told him he has no excuses, I now serve him up exactly what he needs nutritionally and anything else he eats or when he goes back for seconds its his fault.

After lots of failed exercise plans I have decided the best way for me to stick to it is to work out at home. I have been playing the wii fit for 1 1/2hrs every night and its actually working because I am totally exhausted and sore afterwards. Actually I am going to go play again before it gets too late. I just felt the need to get all this out, I'm planning on being a regular again here so I look forward to chatting with everyone :) I had a browse around and seen some old faces, its great to see the fantastic losses so many of you have had!

Starting weight: Thursday 21 May 134.9
Julz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 25, 2009 12:07 am

Welcome back! Good luck with your weight loss, Julie!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Mon May 25, 2009 9:16 am

Welcome backand best of luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Jisgone » Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 pm

welcome back julz :)
good luck!
Jisgone

Postby Julz » Mon May 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome back guys :)

Day 5 and everything is going great, smooth sailing. I was planning on not weighing myself every day like I used to to avoid dissapointment but I am addicted to the wii fit and do the the body tests everyday which include a weigh in so I couldnt help myself, happy to see the scales are moving down though and I didn't have to starve myself to do so.

I did free step on the wii last night while i put on a movie, Forgetting Sarah Marshall omg I am glad I didn't put this on with the kiddies around I nearlly died of shock in the first 5 mins of full frontal male nudity lol. I set it for a 30 min workout but silly me hit something on the wii-mote to pause it and I was just about dying stepping up and down still sore from the previous nights effort so i figured out from the dvd timer that I had it paused for 20 minutes so I really did 50 mins. I plan on watching the rest of this movies while doing the wii stepping.

I don't feel like I am dieting at the moment and I love it, I just made a shepherds pie type concoction with mexican twist- lean beef mince, tomato, chili, garlic, grated zucchini and carrot with mashed potato top. It was yummy the kids even ate it- well sort of,was a little spicy and my little man couldnt eat it all- note to self make seperate one for kids with no chili next time lol.

I made a nice guacamole dip with celery, carrot and cucumber sticks for lunch, was nice for something different but I think it would be better as a snack food and only make about a quarter the quantity, It got a bit much after a while.

I have a new favourite breakfast, I have never been a ceral eater, I like dry cereal to snack on but soggy cereal repulses me I find it disgusting. I would previously have had toast but I am trying to cut down on bread since the only bread I like is white bread which unfortunately isn't the healthiest thing to eat. So for the last 4 mornings I have been eating cereal, yoghurt and I defrost a few frozen mixed berries that give it a great tangy taste, the yoghurt is great not wet enough to make the cereal soggy but much nicer than eating it dry.
Julz

Postby Julz » Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 am

Feeling pretty pleased with my efforts so far, but I'm coming up to my danger zone, about now is where I usually give up and 1 of 3 things happen: 1. I start starving myself to see the scale go down even quicker, or 2. I can't be bothered anymore and give up and go pig out. 3. I go pig out regret it it immensely fell guilty and force myself to throw up. But this time its all about making myself healthy not just skinny so none of those are an option! I just need to keep reminding myself why I am doing this and I'll be ok.

Its hasn't been quite a week yet and this is the most positive I have felt about a diet well its not really a diet now its a lifestyle change. I even notice myself getting fitter as I get used to exercise again, granted its only been on the wii fit but on night 1 after 30 mins free step I was dying, tonight I did 65 mins with ease, could have kept going but my tv show had finished and it bores me without watching tv. I'm going to keep up with the wii but the goal for the next few days is to get outside and get some fresh air go for a nice long walk and if I can find a decent sports bra that can keep this puppies from slapping me in the face I would like to have a little jog. I miss being able to run, I used to be quite a decent runner as a kid.
Julz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 27, 2009 10:42 am

I'm glad things are going so well for you, Julie! And thanks for the tip about Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I think I'll have to hire that one this weekend. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Julz » Sun May 31, 2009 7:51 pm

In to week 2 and feeling more and more confident that I will stick to my weight loss plan. I had a couple of tempting moments but got through them ok, hubby and son got kfc when we were out and about half the day, I was extremely hungry and damn those chips smelt good but I waited til I got home and made myself a nice healthy snack. Since having my gallbladder surgery kfc goes straight through me Just like in cartoons for a moment there must have been a little devil in my head saying "just eat it, its only going to go straight through u a u won't put on any weight on" but there was a little angel "say don't do it u will regret it, think of your health not just your weight". Luckily my little angel conscience won hehe.

I have been feeling a lot healthier in general, I haven't been getting any of those uncomfortable feelings after eating something greasy. I have been sticking to my plan very well, my carbs/fats/protein rations haven't been perfect on a daily basis but when I look at them overall they seem to average out, one day my protein might be a be low and carbs too high so the next day I try to counteract it by eating extra protein and low carbs seems to be working. Lost 5.6kg in first week and looking forward to my next weigh in on Thursday. Its a bit early for anyone else to tell that I have lost weight but I have noticed hanged in myself, my rings are looser, my new jeans I bought a few weeks ago went from button digging into stomach uncomfortably to being a comfortable fit maye even a little loose.

So everything had been going pretty perfectly until the past couple of days. I had been exercising heaps every night but last night I gave myself a break because I felt like crap, I've got a shocking cold atm and I was just aching all over and could't drag myself up to do some exercise. Woke up feeling god awful this morning with the worst headache. I got up for about an hour had some breaky lazed around then went and crashed in bed for another coouple of hours felt a lot better when I woke up. I haven't been eating properly today, I could only manage to at half my lunch and about half my dinner and this arvo i felt like some gummi bears and I know they aren't the best thing for me to have but I had them anyway, I figure a few gummi bears won't hurt especially since I haven't eaten anywhere near my full calorie allowance today.

I would really love a hot hocolate atm, will have to go out and but some jarrah chocolatte tomorrow might have to settle for a lemon tea for now to sooth the throat.
Julz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Sorry to hear about your cold, Julie. I hope you feel better soon. I personally think that having a cold is justification for taking it easy. You need to let your body recover before you get back into intensive exercise again. Good luck for your weigh in this week.
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress