It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

I am moving towards a slimmer body daily....

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I am moving towards a slimmer body daily....

Postby pinacolada » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:44 pm

Hello everyone.
This is the first night of my first day, if that makes sense?!

I've read through these progress pages and thought it so wonderful an idea that I would do one myself. I don't mind if I don't get any replies but I am dead set going to post my progress, daily to begin with, while I get into the groove.

So here is my first progress report:

Today I was half good, half bad. I started great and continued with excellent food choices until after lunch when my 4 year old daughter offered me some of her easter egg. I had such good intentions to not have any, but I succumbed and I had some egg, then I had a choc-chip hot cross bun, well if I am going to tell the truth, I had 2 choc-chip hot cross buns. After that, I felt full and uncomfortable and disgusting and tired, I am going to try to remember that bad feeling so next time I want to go off the rails, I can remember how bad it makes me feel.

I did go for 45min walk this afternoon and then just had a great big salad with a cup full of steamed veges on top with some low fat cottage cheese for dinner. It was yummy and I felt light and proud after eating that for dinner.

Now I'm in bed typing this out and I feel good that I ate least made 3 good choices today:

1. Healthy Lunch (before the pig out)
2. Walk
3. Very healthy dinner

I should also use this post to outline my goals etc:

My major goal is to fall pregnant at a healthy weight. By this I mean that I will lose at least 20kg by 15 July 2007.

Mini Goals:

1. Lose 7kg in 3 weeks

I can't type anymore as my daughter is kicking up a stink and I should be attending to her not on the 'puter' as she calls it.

I'll come back to fill in the rest of my goals later.

Until then, we are moving towards a slimmer body daily, Go on repeat it with me, we are moving towards a slimmer body daily.

Sunshine and slimmer bodies,
Jaye
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6xpM6q/]
[/url]
pinacolada

Postby talia11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi Pina.. I love your goals.. thats is great and don't worry about setbacks- tomorrow is a new day!!!
Do you think 7kg is a realistic goal for 3 weeks? I only mention because I would ahte to see you set yourself up for a fall if you know what I mean? In saying that - we are with you every step of the way to encourage you x
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Mandie » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:53 pm

Good luck Jaye! I like the idea of moving towards a slimmer body every day.

You did a great job today - lots of positives there! :D Don't worry about the little slips - everyone eats a bit of chocolate at Easter. You'll be right from now on.

Another little point though - good luck with the mini goal but I think it might be a bit much to strive for 7kg in 3 weeks.. recommended weight loss (in order to keep it off, meaning you've implemented a healthy lifestyle change and are not on a fad diet) is 0.5-1kg a week, so I think 7kg may be a bit too much... maybe aim at 3-4kg?

Anyway, it's all up to you.. best of luck with your weight loss journey :D
Mandie

Postby pinacolada » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:15 pm

Hi Mandie and Carmen, thanks for your replies and support. It is great to know that there are people out there that can support me through this.

Yes I do agree, 7kg is a bit much. I guess I was just getting a bit excited. Previously, I have done weight watchers and the first week, I lost 3.5kg, then the following week 2kg, so I was just assuming that I could do the same. But I do agree with you guys, I need to be more realistic and I guess by you both saying that, in a weird way I feel OK now to change my goal to a smaller amount. I think to 5kg in 3 weeks. I guess I just want this weight off and I was being too adventurous which could just set me up to fail.

New Mini Goal:

1. Lose 5kg in 3 weeks. I can achieve this if I put my mind to it and stick 100% to my plan.

Thanks guys for helping me to see and feel good about losing smaller amounts of weight, I guess it all adds up in the long run doesn't it?

You know, even though my husband sees me everyday etc etc, I cannot bring myself to admit out loud to him how much I weigh. I know he would know as I have my goals printed out and stuck on the walls but I just can't say it out loud to him. Maybe thats another reason why I was wanting to lose so much in such a short time????

I can already tell that I am going to love being on this site. And I've just started reading Kate's journey.... you are an inspiration.

So long for now.

Jaye
[/url]
pinacolada

Postby talia11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:26 pm

Jayne - I so get you - I think you and I are on the same path of our wight loss... My husband was a physical training instructor in the Amry so I was mortified about telling him how much I weighed. I can't speak for your relationship, but I realised that he loves me for who I am, and loved me when I was my highest weight so that made it easier - just a bit!!! I guess to have someone each week to celebrate (and be sad) goals reached or not met makes it so much easier...... in saying that, there is nothing like having people like on this forum who are going through the same thing, and know EXACTLy the process etc.
I am happy to see your goals - I think 5kg is realistic and anymore is a bonus!!! Do you have msn? If so I would love to add you so we can chat in RT.....
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:27 pm

HI jaye

sounds like you had a productive day. you succumbed to temptation however you learnt something from it and moved on. you didnt throw in the towel. well done.

i agree with the girls 7kg is quite a bit. however, we have no idea just how much we are going to lose week to week. you might shock yourself and lose that much without even realising! i lost 4.3kg my first week back at weightloss in february which was a lot of fluid. however dont set yourself big goals like that because you dont want to get your hopes up. they say that you should lose 0.5-1.0kg each week. slow and steady wins the race and all that. it all adds up to reach your overall weightloss goal.

stick around and you will meet lots of inspiring people here on the forum. i remember starting out at my starting weight of 91kg on this forum and i remember seeing people like KIM and just how well they have done. theyre all so helpful on here you just cant fail when you know you have the backing and encouragement from other people n the same boat.

keep us updated
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:58 am

Best of luck Jaye. Sometimes the problems with shows like The Biggest Loser is that they can make us think that only 5kg in 3 weeks is a poor effort, when really it's an AMAZING effort. 2kg in 3 weeks is a really good effort, so don't AT ALL feel down if you don't reach goal - it's great to aim high, but remember, every little bit helps. And the slower the weight comes off (as frustrating as it is), the more likely it is to STAY off - and that's the most important thing.

You can do it! Bit by bit, day by day.. we'll all get there :D
Mandie

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:38 pm

All the best Jaye and if you stay focused you will be surprised what you can do. Weightloss is a strange thing and can give you a great result one week and when the same thing is done the following week you get a different result. Just keep on sticking with it and don't take no for an answer and you will realise your goals.

It's funny how we find it hard to speak out how much we weigh. I found once I started doing that I felt like I owned it more, became more responsible so to speak. What this did was put even more into my head that it was up to me to make this change.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby pinacolada » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:45 pm

Day 2 - 3 out of 4

If weight loss were a pin number for a keycard at the ATM, the pin number would consist of diet, exercise, water and positivity. If you put these 'numbers' in to the ATM (your body) then you would get a result. If only I could get my act together with all these 'numbers'. Today I can say that I got 3 out of the 4 numbers correct.

Once again I started off with the best intentions, but overate this afternoon. I am kind of annoyed but also think, that I can't change it, just better move on and vow to do better tomorrow.

So I went for a 40 minute walk this morning and drank heaps of water, said all my positive affirmations over and over, and felt very positive all day, then I ate too much at dinner and after dinner.

OK, I"ll sign off now, feeling a little deflated but also positive about tomorrow, partly because I've been saying so many affirmations to myself (I can't help but feel happy!!) and partly because 3 out of 4 aint bad and tomorrow I am going to do my best to get 4 out of 4.

Wishing everyone success tomorrow.

Jaye
[/url]
pinacolada

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:46 pm

tomorrow is a new day jaye :) start of great and you will follow up doing great as well. it will take a week or two to get the hang of the changes you are making :) so dont be disheartened :)
kate_turner2000

Postby pinacolada » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply. When you first started out, did you go full blow and 100% in all areas straight up? I was in the city today and kept thinking to myself about 'that Kate girl from the website' and whether 'she' (you) made any mistakes to begin with as I have done over the past 2 days or whether you were good right from the word go?
Jaye
[/url]
pinacolada

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Inspiring Hey Jaye,

Don't be disheartened- 3 out of 4 achievements is great. Remember you can't undo all the damage you've done in a day. Take it day by day and as the days go by you will see improvements.

All the best for tomorrow.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 pm

wow thats unreal that you thought about me like that! haha. i often think about members on this forum when i am doing this or that during my day too. they keep me goin!

a lot of us oldies from last year will remember when i freaked out because i had a red frog !! you know those allens lollies ones? i thought 'thats it! im done for!' but i continued to eat properly and exercised for the rest of the week and still lost weight. i learnt to not freak out about slip ups. i needed to concentrate on getting myself back on the wagon and making the next thing that went into my tummy something healthy and nutritious.

of course ive had bad times during my weightloss journey, but if weightloss was easy and fun all day every day for months on end then there wouldnt be people with obesity problems. i used this forum then and i use it now to keep my spirits high and to remind me of what i can achieve if i really put my mind to it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby tinker » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:46 pm

Hi Jaye,

With your happy & positive attitude you're sure to succeed. You just have to give your mind & body a little time to adjust to the changes you are making. It took me two weeks to get 100% committed to my new lifestyle. I concentrated on changing my eating habits for the first week & then gradually added in exercise. I aim to lose 0.5 to 1kg a week...any extra is just a bonus.

Tomorrow is a new day & you have the power to change your future. Good luck with your goals.

Suzie
tinker

Postby pinacolada » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:23 pm

Hi Suzie
Gee you've done well to lose 19kg so far. I wish that was me. Well anyway, it will be me.

I have no choice but to remain positive, on every wall I have stuck up positive affirmations and I force myself to say it out loud every time I look at one.

I've been good today, had a vege juice upon waking, then 2 pieces of wholegrain toast with some light philly and ham. Then didn't eat again till I was hungry which was at lunch time, so had 3 sushi sticks. Heaps of water today too and a 38 minute hard walk, pushing my 20kg daughter up hill most of the way in her pram. I was beat after that.

Tonight I plan on having some steak and salad and vegies. As long as I can eat that and only that, then I would consider my eating today a success. I'll report back in later.

Hope everyone is on track today.

Jaye
[/url]
pinacolada

Return to Personal Progress