It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Matt's progress.... back into it...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Matt's progress.... back into it...

Postby Matt » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:41 pm

I found myself in the past starting and stopping the diet and exercising thing.. to put it simply I slacked off big time :oops:

But found myself getting back into things 2 weeks ago, and im loosing weight again.... in 2 weeks I lost 13 kg's.

Anyways at the moment im down to 123kg's.

I just got home doing a 8kilometre walk, in around 70mins. LOL sweating to death, Im guessing thats a good thing...

I must admit I would find it very difficult without my trusty old mp3 player loaded with music...

One thing to not... jogging or walking in dark streets can be hazardous :P damn those low branches ya cant see in the dark :P
Matt.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyArqbM/]
[/url]
Matt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:41 pm

hey matt, glad to see you back into the swing of things i bet you are feeling great for it! i dont have an mp3 player and i am thankful cos i would be singing at the top of my lungs. you should see me in my car. i even move my shoulders and arms to the music and sing haha. yeah its dangerous at night times, make sure you wear some bright clothes and stick to well lit streets. with the mp3 player on its harder to hear the cars. unfortunately where i live the streets are very dimly lit. it can be scary.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:58 am

Good on you Matt you are doing very well and I bet you are feeling better for you 13 kgs loss already.

Exercise is sounding good so keep up the fantastic effort. Kate's suggestion of wearing bright clothes is a good one or one of those fluoro vests. You may start a new trend. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 pm

Thanks kim and kate,

Its been a long day at work 13+ hours at work, lol even though theres been temptation to just got out and by junk food, because im so tired.... its been very hard...

But I've found a solution to my delima, if I want junk food.. I will go out and buy watermelon instead... of course I will walk or jog to the store to get it...

So I ended up doing another 85mins of walking tonight, I've given up taking the dogs with me now.... lol they slow me down... lol im guessing thats a good thing :D well with all there piddle stops.. lol but they get a walk after I get back just a nice and slow one...

Its interesting.... I know I've lost weight but after I've been out doing my nightly exercise... I feel very light on my feet... either that or its just bloody cold and my feet have gone numb :P

Anyways bedtime, I guess again.... early 4am start... :cry:
Matt.

[/url]
Matt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:18 am

aw matt you poor thing- those hours must be hell :( i think its a great idea heading out for some fruit when you really want the easy option of take away. i bet before your weightloss journey that you wouldnt have cared and had take away and junk anyway! look how far you have come with your decision making!

im sure the doggies are loving the attention too :) enjoy your exercise mate, you are just going to keep getting lighter and lighter :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 am

Hi Matt...nice to see you back into the swing of things....I am like you...I give up after a while, but I am determined not to this time...well done on still fitting in exercise after working long hours..it would be easy for you to say stuff it, but you haven't so well done!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Alrischa » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:20 pm

13k in 2 weeks... sounds like The Biggest Loser!

:mrgreen: I'm a bit envious. sigh!

Certainly sounds like you've earned it, though, with those long hours and long, sweaty walks. Imagine what you'll look like next Christmas! You'll definitely need a new avatar. Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:23 am

Ally I know extactly what you mean, I think motivation has been an issue with me in the past or just too plain.. I can be bothered and I do it tommorrow kind of thing. I've come across alot of things lately thats peeved me off in life, due to the fact I've been overweight or to the BMI obessed... now everytime I go fast walking I push myself a little quicker when I think back on those times.

Must admit it worked well tonight,erm this morning I was doing laps around a local lake quicker each time... I had no idea before how much moving the arms while walking helps so much....

Plus today im down to 122kg's... woot. I can start feeling my leg thigh's starting to tone up. And I've dropped 2 notches on my belt since ive started up again.

Alrischa, cheers thanks.... in some ways I think I might have over done it in the start... but I all exercise counts. yeah Im curious how much I will loose from now till xmas... gawd im gonna have to buy all new clothes :cry: and motorcycle gear :D
Matt.

[/url]
Matt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:54 am

well done on the loss matt :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:07 am

Wow congratulations Matt...that is a fantastic loss!! It must be great to go down those belt notches too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:52 pm

LOL Matt oh yeah the motorcycle gear aint cheap either. I waited and waited as long as I could wearing my original jacket until I had gotten close to my goal so I didn't have to buy more than one. The old one hung off me and looked like I had borrowed it or something. I even managed to get a ladies fitted jacket this time and it looks way better than the other one I had.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:49 pm

Im pretty ripped, atm now that im under the 120kg mark... I saw the movie 300... and ive become abit more inspired to work harder in the home gym... lol I think I needed that little extra moviation to keep going abit longer for extra rep's or abit more of the pain..
I guess the saying what doesnt kill ya will make ya stronger.. kinda applies..

Atm Im doing squats, bench presses, barbell curls, dumbell curls, leg curls, jumping up and down 2 steps...

Im finding setting an eating plan very hard with the hours I work.. but now Im resisting the temptation to eat for the hell of it.. and more conscious of how much I intake.
Ive cut out alot of things and started eating more fruit which I think has helped.. me on this weightloss crusade.

KimE wrote:LOL Matt oh yeah the motorcycle gear aint cheap either. I waited and waited as long as I could wearing my original jacket until I had gotten close to my goal so I didn't have to buy more than one. The old one hung off me and looked like I had borrowed it or something. I even managed to get a ladies fitted jacket this time and it looks way better than the other one I had.

Wow... awesome stuff kim, lol I reckon ill be putting alot of my current mc gear on ebay later... shame though its worth quite abit... lol but it will be good to get into some fresh gear...

Btw kim, what bike do you have....?
Matt.

[/url]
Matt

Postby Chelle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:17 am

I saw the movie 300... and ive become abit more inspired to work harder in the home gym.

I must watch that movie I heard that it was good alot of people are talking about it.

It's awsome that you can fit that type of exercise in around your work schedual. Sound's like that it is paying off.

What type of bike do you own???
Chelle

Postby KimE » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:26 am

Good on ya Matt, weight work is great fun. I still have to kick my own butt to do it but I feel good when I have managed one more rep or been able to lift one more kilo than before. It keeps me going. Sometimes I think I would love a tough trainer to make me work even harder as I would respond to that. Oh and here is a link to a workout called '300' that is inspired by that movie. Crikey is all I can say.

http://www.gimme20.com/node/3331

The bike I have is a 650 V-star Custom...she's beautiful and I ride to work everyday rain, hail or shine (luckily there's only been hail once). From Whittlesea to Docklands, so I don't ride much at the weekends as I get my fill from that. Got 3 weeks off work soon so will use that time to make sure I'm ready for the cold winter as I found it really hard last year especially now I have lost much of my insulation (fat layer). :D This link has a pic of my baby.

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/view ... 24&start=0
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Matt » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:49 pm

Whittlesea, damn kim.... im so jealous... so close too the blackspur... I used to meet up with friends in melbourne and go out riding and head over to healsville and go cruising through around the blackspur, marysville and kinglake... lol its been a while though well until I finish building my house and my weekends are free again...

Thats one sexy machine btw kim.... yeah I love riding in the rain.. whatever the weather... im wondering if my style of riding will change when I loose my weight.. since I'll be lite'r on the bike.
Matt.

[/url]
Matt

Return to Personal Progress