It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Ali's progress

Postby Alrischa » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Today I weighed 106.6 kilos.

My ideal range is (61-77)... yikes!

Of course I am currently 36 weeks pregnant, but after the birth of our very first little bub, I'm going to set my sights on getting a fit body (one that can chase and catch a toddler!) My goal number is 75 kilos, which is currently 31.6 kilos away.

:oops:

Of course, I can't really start losing weight just yet, but as I said in the intro section, I'm trying to develop good habits, including exercise, calorie counting and being accountable to you all by regular posting.

If anyone has some good advice about post-baby weight loss, especially if you've done it yourself, please, please let me know! I certainly need all the help and tips I can get...

Today's weight: 106.6.
0 down, 31.6 to go.
Goal: 75

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:06 am

gday al

sounds like you have set some great goals there. enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and having a newborn around :) keep us updated with how your eating habits are going :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Al...congratulations on your very first bub!! oooh I remember how excited my hubbie and I were when we were expecting our first one!!!

Congratulations on choosing to change your habits now, rather than after the baby is born or at a certain age!! You are on the right track now and by the time that beautiful bub is born you will be 4 odd weeks into healthy living.....I can't give you first hand advice of losing baby weight as I just piled on the weight after each of my pregnancies, but I am sure there are some lovely ladies willing to part with their tips....the only one I will give you is talk to your obstetrician (sp?) about the right amount of calories you should be consumming to lose weight after bub is born if you are breastfeeding ( or our own resident doctor may know...Mandie where are you???) so that you know that you are eating enough to sustain your weightloss, but also making sure that bub is getting enough......
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Alrischa » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:09 pm

Yeah, that's good advice, actually. I'd heard that if you don't eat enough your breastmilk supply suffers. I want to get thin, but I want a chubby baby! If Mandie's out there, I'm 175cm tall, if that helps Ü but I will check with the docs.

How do those celebrities do it, I wonder? Maybe they're not too interested in breastfeeding. Or maybe they were just a fitter to start with and more well-behaved in their pregnancies than I! :oops:

Yesterday was my first day of calorie counting (just for maintaining my weight for now) with the calorieKing.com.au diary. It's a bit easier when someone else does the working out Ü. I've also gotten myself two 750ml bottles to fill with nice purified water each day. I'm a terrible water-drinker!! I'm finding it easier to have a mouthful now and then, and I got through my 1.5L yesterday. Small successes.

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:04 pm

i was pregnant the same time as bec cartwright- hewitt and i was totally awestruck that her body bounced back! no fair!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:28 pm

Oh don't look at the celebrities who bounce back after having babies... more of them have liposuction than we find out about, and they also have nannies to look after the kid, a chef to cook appropriate meals and personal trainers for hours each day!

It sounds like you're doing the right thing - developing habits that you can keep up for a lifetime, and pass on to your child. Best of luck! :)
Mandie

Postby Alrischa » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:38 pm

Fish and chips! I haven't calorie counted for such a long time that I'd forgotten how bad they were.

Thought I'd done pretty well, today, having vita brits for breaky and vege soup for dinner, and just a "bit" of fish and chips for lunch. Then I sat down at the computer and whacked it all in the food diary at CalorieKing and I'm over my 2370 calorie limit!! I'll have to be more careful in the future, especially since I thought I didn't eat much... just a handful of chips and half a bit of fish and some dim sims... sigh.

Thank goodness for vege soup! I made a massive pot of it the other day with an internet recipe. Worked out to be about 50 cal a cup, and it's filling and nice. I've got about 15 1-cup serves left in my freezer.

Still doing well with my water, though my compressed bladder doesn't like me much right now. lol.

I think I set my CalorieKing thing up saying I was 107kg, pregnant and on maintenance, so when the baby is born my calorie limit is probably going to drop quite a bit. Right when I'm most tired and have more space for food. :roll: At least I don't have fish and chips very often. I think it's only the second time this year.

Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:37 pm

hey al it really does open your eyes up to what is good and what isnt too good for you in terms of food. things like that sort of food are good to have in moderation but not all the time. hope the baby enjoyed them!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Alrischa » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:11 pm

Sure did! Wriggled all avo!

Bub likes its food. I don't think I'll have a problem with it not being chubby! Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby Mandie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Hehe sounds like you're doing okay. Watch out for those dim sims with the fish and chips, they are SO calorie laden!

Can you post the recipe for your 50cal/cup vege soup? I love soup :)
Mandie

Postby Alrischa » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:13 pm

Here it is, and definitely worth a try. Also easy to modify to suit yourself...

BIG POT of CHUNKY VEGE SOUP
• 3 tomatoes
• 2 large (800g) cans crushed tomatoes
• pk of dry beef soup (makes one liter) - I used Continental
• pk of dry vege soup (makes one liter) - I used Continental
• 2 liters of water (for the soup)
• 1 bunch spring onions
• 1 bunch of celery including the leaves
• 2 cups green French beans - I used frozen ones. Ü
• 3 green capsicums
• 1kg carrots
• 2 chicken and one beef stock cubes

That's my modified version, anyway, as I couldn't find some of the original ingredients. I think it cost me about $10 and made me 20 serves. I just chopped it all, boiled it for a while, and then blended it just a bit. Don't blend it if you want it chunky, obviously! When it was cool I put a cupful each in cheap plastic sandwich bags and froze them. Made 19 bags, I think, after I had eaten some while it was hot.

I think the beef soup and stock cubes make it a tiny bit salty, so I might add a bit extra water next time. Maybe. I like salty Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:44 am

theyre great to have on hand for when the baby comes too al. with it getting cooler now stews casseroles and soups are good for freezing. looks like a great recipe. im too lazy to cook it though so if anyone wants to come to my house to do it that would be great!! :lol:
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Ali...if you are breastfeeding bub, your calories probably won't drop by much!! :D

that vege soup sounds yum.....I usually just chuck all vege (except potato, corn and sweet potato) in a huge pot!! I am not sure how it would work out calorie wise, will have to work it out sometime...but it is a great filler in the winter months for sure!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:08 pm

Yummy vege soup. Will have to start making myself some through winter too.

It is amazing Ali when you look at the calories in some food even when you think you haven't eaten very much.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi Alrischa,
Great to hear you are having a baby. My thoughts will be with you in 4 weeks time-I don't want to go through that again and I was only looking on!! Seriously, after Alla had the baby she was instantly over the pain it seemed. Am I putting my foot in it?
How heavy were you before you got pregnant? Is your problem just short term or has it been a problem for a while?
It will be fun to read about your weight-loss in the coming months and I will be as supportive as I can.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Next

Return to Personal Progress