It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Alrischa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:32 pm

No progress is going to be made this week, as B and I are both crook. He's got a nasty little cough - all rattley and wet-sounding :( and I've got a flu of some sort. Nasty headache with it! Bleurgh! So no exercise for me. Luckily, Byron is very keen to sleep off his little cold, which suits me!

Anyway, despite not being hungry I'm not losing weight. Sigh. Oh, well... now's not the time to worry about that, perhaps.

I'm such a hopeless sicky. lol! I never get sick. This last 12 months I've had morning sickness, mastitis and a flu, but before that I haven't been sick since... er... 1999, I think. :)

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:51 pm

hey alrischa

aw you poor guys :( i really hope hubby is looking after the both of you. feel better soon and never mind about the weightloss until you are feeling better
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 pm

Aw Ali, I hope you and little B get better real soon. Take it easy, mate.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:33 pm

Hope you guys feel better real soon!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi Alrischa,

Getting the flu is the worst. Have you tried ending your shower with a minute of cold water only? I got into that practise in Russia/Finland (they call it contrasting temperatures). I used to roll in the snow, or pour rainwater over my head, while having a sauna. Sounds crazy but no more colds, not one. I get the slightest touch, see my work colleagues dropping like flies but the next morning I'm fine. I cycled through weeks of rain this winter and I don't have a waterproof jacket, still no colds.
Dare you :twisted: At first it will feel cold but then after a few months it will feel refreshing...promise
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Alrischa » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:48 pm

That is crazy, Yogi. he he he. At least it would be for me; like I said, the last time I was really crook was 1999. I think I'd rather have had the flu this week than the unnecessary 3000 minutes of cold showering I'd have had since 1999.

Well, I actually lost a little weight (0.3kg), even though I did no exercise Ü. Now I'm recovered from the rotten flu I should be able to do some more, so I'll set my goals to be

6km treadmill and 6km walk around the lake
12km exercise bike

It's not too much, but it's better than nothing. I think my main problem is eating too much, anyway. Exercise doesn't get rid of as many surplus calories as I would lose if I just had a bit more self discipline!

-------------------------------------
Starting weight: 100
Today's weight: 99.6
Weight lost (2 weeks): 0.4
Still to lose: 24.6
1384vkm (virtual km) to Perth.
Byron's starting weight: 3270 grams
Current weight: 5030 (last weighed July 23)
Weight gained (2.5 months): 1760

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby Alrischa » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:39 pm

Same weight again today, which is ok. I didn't do much of my exercise. Kept putting it off for another day! In the end I did 5k on the treadmill and 4k on the bike. Didn't walk around the lake because the bub still had a cold.

However, I didn't eat too much, either, which was pretty good, since I was a bit stressed. Byron was down to eating about half of what the nurse recommended, and we were fighting him to get that in. But he's eating more and more each day, so I'm much happier!

I've got a list of rewards, little ones and big ones, but I just can't get to any of my goals. I don't even finish my planned exercise. It's like the setting of a goal puts a jinx on that same goal. lol. Bit frustrating. I end up going out and getting the reward to make me feel better about failing. :?

At least I'm not gaining weight, I suppose.

Today's weight: 99.6
Weight lost (3 weeks): 0.4
Still to lose: 24.6
1381vkm (virtual km) to Perth.
Current weight: 5030 (last weighed July 23)
Weight gained (2.5 months): 1760

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby Alrischa » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:40 pm

And I'm not setting any goals this week!!!!!!

:)

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi Alrischa,

Yeah, cold showers aren't for everyone. Hope your cold gets better soon.

Having kids is so tiring isn't it? We are battling with two....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Alrischa » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Only lost 0.2 this week, but it's certainly better than nothing. Byron's gained about 800g in the last 3 weeks, which is good, because he's much more of a sleep-lover than a food-lover. His little "friend" up the road is the opposite (she's 6 weeks old and she's overtaken him! lol!)

Last Friday I went late night shopping before getting the groceries (which I'm going to do every week while my hubby stays home with B). I've been buying him Dr Seuss books. I'd forgotten how tongue twisting it is to read "Fox in Sox". he he! I also bought myself one of those little Calorie King diaries, so I start that today. I also looked up "Byron" in a book in the news agent and it said that Byron means "Little bear". So I've taken to calling him Teddy. he he.

Didn't do any exercise except for walking around the lake (which put me out of action for a few days. So unfit! Ü) Will do a bit more this week, as I'm sick of being "on the way" to Perth. Maybe I could get there by Christmas... only about 10km a day!!

Today's weight: 99.4
Weight lost (3 weeks): 0.6
Still to lose: 24.4
1375vkm (virtual km) to Perth.
Current weight: 5860 (last weighed Aug 13)
Weight gained (3 months): 2590

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:22 pm

well done al :)

i also brought heidi some dr seuss books and theyre her special books that only mummy and daddy can read to her. we find them just as entertaining reading them as she does lol. and we now have quite a nice collection of good books for her. id rather people buy her books than toys.

well done on your weightloss you must be doing something right! well done
kate_turner2000

Postby Alrischa » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:37 pm

I've been doing really well this week. I recorded all my calories (except fruit, which is "free" to encourage me to eat better) and averaged 1700 Calories a day. I've been writing in a Calorie King book, and giving myself a star for eating less than 2000 Cal and for doing more than 200 Cal of exercise. Earned 12 stars. Silly, but it really made me do a bit more exercise when I was feeling slack... because I wanted a star! lol!

I only lost half a kilo, but that's better than I have been doing. I'm quite happy to lose a small bit each week. It's more likely to stay off, probably because a stricter diet would be impossible to keep up.

Anyway, it was nice to see 98-point-something instead of 99 or 100! I'm now 1 kilo off my pre-pregnancy weight.

Today's weight: 98.9
Weight lost (4 weeks): 1.1
Still to lose: 23.9
1352vkm (virtual km) to Perth.
Current weight: 5860 (last weighed Aug 13)
Weight gained (3 months): 2590

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:30 pm

wow well done al :) 500grams is heaps good and brings you closer to your goal :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:53 pm

Good job Alrischa! Keep on nugging away at it, you'll get there!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Alrischa » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:46 am

shelbel wrote:No amount of excuses will get my pants done up!

He he he. I like that little quote. Not only is it true, but it started my day with a chuckle. Ü

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress