It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

what's for breakfast!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: what's for breakfast!

Postby Yogi-Bear » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:23 am

Hi Everyone from freezing Canada,

LOVING IT!! Way better than I thought it would be...I'll write more soon
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:30 am

Glad you're enjoying it there, Yogi! I'm looking forward to reading all about it when you have a chance!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:16 am

Can't wait to hear all about it Yogi :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:57 pm

hey ...yogi what's up........................you still lapping up the ice...LOL :lol:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:19 am

heathen's i am back,

yoga man descended into the world of mundane existence to gain compassion for his fellow human beings..lost as they were. travellers! live not a low life...yoga man enjoyed the world of sensual pleasures and food but now the time has come for him to re-enter the path and strive upwards.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:30 am

You can do it Yogi,
Glad to see you embark on your next jorney, into the land of hunger pain & suffering...LOL, just kidding bro...I am sure you will be inudadted with the praise of a thousand virgins, envied by the masses and inspired to write meaningless posts to turn us all on :lol:

Seroiusly Yogi...It's great to see ya back. Best of luck with your new goals...I'll support you all the way...o oh...I heard that one before...best be saying, I look foward to reading your posts again. CONGRATS on the Bike!!!!!! MMMMMMmmmmm Must be good to ride a feather :wink:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Yoga man works in three's for some reason. My three's are:
1. Hour of cardio/cycling per day. I did this today in school gym as it is too cold outside to do anything.
2. Hour of Yoga. I did 2 20min sessions of meditation and 20mins stretching.
3. Decent night's sleep. In bed by 10, up at 6.30.

As I perfect these three broad efforts I'll write about it.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Yogi-Bear » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:48 am

hi,

today i ran 2 miles on the machine in the gym, followed by the stretching. i quite enjoyed it and remembered when i used to bushwalk everywhere as a teenager. so i didnt do an hour of cardio as i said i would. i didn't do weights because i was stiff from yesterday. i'll attempt 4 miles next week, and try for 6 too. it is springy so easy on the joints.

this easter weekend i decided we should book a hotel (a chateau in Ottawa) for the four day break. part of the reason for getting the hotel is that it has a gym and pool so i will be able to continue with my re-start.

i had a fantastic sleep last night and my nervous energy was high today. what a difference sleep makes. tonight i'll meditate to get myself nice and calm so i can repeat it. i think it was the absense of alcohol that made such a difference. i've quit coffee too and together their departure is obviously beneficial on sleep patterns.

i respond quickly to changes and just these fews days of exercize and i look heaps better.

two other things. i am making sure i stop eating by 7pm so i have three hours to digest food. then i wake up hungry and ready for breakfast. this is a trick to increase energy and it seems to be working. also i do my workout on an empty stomach. once i am into it the need for food vanishes. that way i attack the fat.

i want to research core strength exercizes as i reckon this will bump up those energy levels. apparently you only need 30 minutes or so a week to develop the core.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 pm

So jealous of everybody I know who is travelling *sigh*
Oh well, I'll get there one day :D

glad you're enjoying yourself and keeping up with things over the other side of the globe!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby JP1 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Go Yogi... look forward to hearing about your new kick start to a healthier you 8) ... hope all is well..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:24 am

Hi everybody,

I did another 3 miles on the machine at the gym. I enjoyed it. I feel so much better after vigorous exercise, it clears my head. When I was running I have remembered when I was younger and I used to run for the school. I was a good runner and when I am on the machine I have been remembering the feelings and the rhythm.

In the mirror I don't look fat at all. I am pretty lean and fit looking. I need to weigh myself properly as the scales are out by a lot I am told.

I don't think it is healthy to stay in the "trying to lose weight" phase for too long. I coach the cricket team at school and we have lost every game so far. It is affecting their spirits. So it is with weight-loss. I think it is better to slack off totally than make a half-arsed attempt at weight-loss. I'm in it again after plateauing for too long I think and getting into a rut. I am ready for a big push.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 am

Hey man, keep as cool as you can,
Face piles of trials with smiles
It wriles them to perceive,
You believe to outwit them.
The Moody Blues
Yogi-Bear wrote:Hi everybody,

I did another 3 miles on the machine at the gym. I enjoyed it. I feel so much better after vigorous exercise, it clears my head. When I was running I have remembered when I was younger and I used to run for the school. I was a good runner and when I am on the machine I have been remembering the feelings and the rhythm.

In the mirror I don't look fat at all. I am pretty lean and fit looking. I need to weigh myself properly as the scales are out by a lot I am told.

I don't think it is healthy to stay in the "trying to lose weight" phase for too long. I coach the cricket team at school and we have lost every game so far. It is affecting their spirits. So it is with weight-loss. I think it is better to slack off totally than make a half-arsed attempt at weight-loss. I'm in it again after plateauing for too long I think and getting into a rut. I am ready for a big push.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 am

Hi Yogi,
Good to hear you are giving running a try. I too am having some success in this dept... I am just getting over some of the aches and pains with today being a good run. I’ve been doing 30min runs either side of a 50 min run 3 days a week. If I stick to the program I should be running up to an Hour and half within 3-4 weeks from now.

I just go a Fit-Ball and am thinking about doing dome YOGA on it... http://exercise.about.com/library/blyogaontheball.htm
And perhaps learning more about it if all goes well. The ball is pretty strong as I was using it last night to lay back on, like a bench doing flys with 12kg dumbbells in each hand...It seems I can do so much more with this Fit-Ball than I anticipated...Seems to be a 100 ABB routines as well as stretching too.

Anyways...It’s been over 40 Days now and still no beer or take away. I can’t say I miss it as the food fatty foods send me into a fit with the Gall bladder and all...(ironically good fats don’t do that to me) and well; I don’t think I got many brain cells left to kill.

You sound FIT yogi...Tottaly agree with the mirror method or what your saying as although I still got to lose some fat...I’m looking good to. What fat is left has some how shifted across my body proportionally to my new muscles mass. The fat is some what turing into more of a jelly like substance ready to be burnt up as fuel...WELL this is what I keep telling myself...LOL...all is AOK at this point as I just keep on keeping on.

I hope you can keep up the running...if so, try to pick out a proper program that allows for plenty af recovery as you legs are the biggest muscles on your body...I find this three day a week program (Half-Marathon)perfect once you can run 30 minutes non-stop. Not only will you end up running like a pro, it allows you time to enjoy others forms of exercising such as resistance and well...just plain outdoors stuff.

Good luck with the Cricket...keep turning up with your smile and rile them good!
See ya round...
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:46 pm

The Book is called:
“Yoga For Men” Postures for Healthy Stress Free Living...By...THOMAS CLAIRE

Hey Yogi...this is what others thought about the book :wink:
“This has to be one of the best books of the decade on yoga in general as well as being a
‘first’ in discussing yoga for men (although women will love it, too). The book has both depth
and breadth. It covers the full spectrum of contemporary and classical yoga practices and at the
same time delves deeply into these practices with loads of useful information, precautions,
references, photographs, instructions and most importantly a realistic and easy to understand
treatment of the subject. What I appreciate the most is the straightforward informative
approach without the embellishment and dubious information often found in some
contemporary yoga texts. Thomas Claire writes in a way that makes the book difficult to
put down and regardless of how experienced or inexperienced a man you are in the practice
of yoga, it’s sure to be helpful. It will be on the required reading list for all of our students.”
—Michael Lee, M.A., Founder, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy and author of
Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy–A Bridge from Body to Soul

“Yoga for Men is not only an excellent overview of the many schools of the
contemporary yoga scene. It gives practical instruction on how to begin and to deepen
your practice.”
—Richard Freeman, Senior Teacher of Ashtanga Yoga and Director of
the Yoga Workshop in Boulder, Colorado

“Yoga for Men is educational and practical. It illustrates the practice of yoga for men of
all ages and interests. Thomas Claire has provided men with everything they will ever need
to know about this practice and does so in a way that will encourage and support them on
their journey.”
—Jon Giswold, Author of Basic Training and Beyond Basic Training

“Yoga for Men is a clear and comprehensive study of the yoga traditions which have
been embraced by the serious practitioners of our times. This book is a great tool for men to
add a deeper dimension to every area of their lives.”
—Ravi Singh, Author of Kundalini Yoga for Body, Mind, and Beyond

“Yoga for Men offers a storehouse of information for men, or anyone, seeking
to deepen their understanding and experience of yoga. The book is easily
accessible and clearly presented, and most importantly, Thomas Claire holds true to
the authentic teachings of yoga. I highly recommend this book.”
—Cain Carroll, Author of Partner Yoga: Making Contact for Physical,
Emotional, and Spiritual Growth

“Yoga for Men provides an excellent analysis of yoga postures for the male body and
mind and their energetic usage, as well as giving a good overview of the main types of yoga
most popular in the West today and their relevance for the contemporary yoga student.”
—David Frawley, Director of the American Institute of Vedic Studies and
author of numerous books, including Yoga and Ayurveda and Yoga for Your Type

“Stress is one of the most basic factors that impacts a man’s physical, mental, and
emotional health. Yoga is one of the best ways to deal with stress. Men facing serious
medical conditions can use yoga as a way to gain control and hope in their lives to better
cope with their conditions. I’ve observed that my patients who practice yoga have an inner
control, without the use of drugs. I’m also amazed at what good muscle tone these patients
have, especially in their core abdominal area. In addition to these physical benefits, they
have an inner peace that only seems to grow with time. Yoga for Men deals with all of these
issues and more. It is an excellent resource for any man who wishes to maintain and improve
his health and well-being. This book is destined to become a ‘bible’ it its field.”
—John Montana, M.D, New York City, Internist specializing
in men’s health issues

PM me Yogi if you’re interested :wink:
Dave

Postby JP1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:44 am

how you going with your final push mate? time to join me in the seventies 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress