It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 am

Free Newsletter

My Goal To Be BUFF!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My Goal To Be BUFF!

Postby Rach » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I woke up this morning and finally decided it was time to lose weight...(that has only happened 10 times this year but this time it was different) I've just recently turned 21 and have had enough of being the "big one" of the family. I have even started not going to see my family as much because I’m sick of hearing how I need to lose weight and how I should look like my sisters. I am only 157cm 5ft2 but weigh 91kg. From age 10 I was playing sports 9 times a week, then I turned 17 and everything changed. Since then I haven't played any sport and eat take away about 6 times a week and drink about 1.5 liters of coke a day. So what makes it worse is that I know what it's like to be fit and slim and I want it back.

Every time I start a diet I make the mistake of telling people and by the next week they walk past me and there I am with a can ok coke in my hand and you can just see the look in their face like "that girl really doesn't need that." So I’m not telling anyone...well anyone in person instead I decided just to type about what I’m feeling and how I’m going, that way if I fail again I don't have to explain why to people :oops: .

I have chosen to do the optifast program because it has worked for me in the past. So fingers crossed here I go...
Winning is not everything, it's the only thing!
Rach

Postby Mandie » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:50 pm

Best of luck Rach :)
Mandie

Postby Kaz » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:52 pm

Good luck Rach. Everyone on this forum is so friendly and supportive next time you see your family their jaws will hit the ground in how well you have done..... :lol: :lol:

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Hey Rach - I didn't have a problem with my weight until my mid twenties, so I can totally relate to knowing what it's like to be slim & trim! And I didn't put in half the effort I do these days.

All the best for your weightloss journey and I look forward to hearing about your progress :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Luna » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Rach,

First of all Good Luck with your weight loss. I can identify with how you are feeling in a way, I was always one of those skinny chicks that everyone hates because they can eat what they like and not put on weight. At 35 it all changed and I have put on 20kgs in 2 years. I was so used to eating all kinds of junk it has been a serious wake up call for me and I had no idea it would be so hard to lose the weight again. So I have great respect for anyone who is trying to lose weight, but if you're determined enough I'm sure you will start seeing great results soon.

All the best! :)
Luna

Postby Justjudy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:31 pm

Hi Rach. I can totally identify with you. I was a normal size kid as a teenager, and played a lot of sport. When I left school I stopped playing sport and the weight started to creep on. Unfortunately I let it keep creeping, and now here I am at 42 finally doing something positive that I hope will work for the rest of my life. Good luck with it, keep us all posted on how you are going, we are all here if you need us.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:23 am

hi there rach

welcome to the group. your story sounds similar to mine in that my starting weight was 91kg and i was 21 too when i started to lose weight. i was the fattest in the family too and now i am equal with my sisters. you can lose the weight with support, encouragement and determination. having people to turn to when the going gets tough it really helps with your weightloss. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Return to Personal Progress