It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:05 am

Free Newsletter

Chantel's Progress Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Chantel's Progress Diary

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Fri May 11, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm going to use this as like a diary, because I need somewhere to record what I'm eating, how I'm feeling and how it's working!

So, these pictures are what I've been eating in the last two days ...

How many calories is too little a calories? I have been aiming for the 1000 calories mark in fear I will mis-calculate / judge incorrectly and jump up to 1200, should I be eating more? I'm finding it hard to eat what I perceive as healthy whilst staying in the calorie range...

The first night (Wednesday) I had 100g of most of my vegies and I couldn't eat everything! There was so much food on my plate, I thought I was going to explode!

Should I be increasing the portions of my meat to bring up my calories? Will eating less calories mean I'll lose more or will my body go into crazy mode and not lose anything?

Questions questions questions and questions! I feel like I'm going crazy! Yesterday I had to lay down for a while because I got such a big headache, is this because I wasn't eating enough (around lunch time) oh god this weight loss journy is scary and I've only just started. No wonder I've failed so many times before, I'm paranoid I'm scared and I must be looking for excuses! I can't give up this time. I WON'T :!:

... I know, I'm crazy :roll:

Chantel

PS. If I've calculated any calories wrong, please let me know!
Chantelly-Lace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 12:34 pm

hey chantel i have no idea about calories. i lost weight by decreasing my portions and cutting out junk and exercising more. but im sure some of the girls here can help you with that. if you arent eating your quota of calories a day you will go into starvation mode and your body will hold onto everything. drink at least 2 litres of water a day to flush out the toxins and it really helps with weightloss. and make sure you eat at least 1200 cals a day.

it really is great to have you here with us and i am looking forward to seeing you progress :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 11, 2007 1:44 pm

I too have no idea about calories - I have a very low tech approach to weight loss. But I do know that if you starve yourself and do not eat enough your body will start slowing your metabolism making it harder to lose fat and will start eating your muscle which is not what you want. I would say if you are eating sensible foods like your vegies and some lean meat and are getting stuffed, don't force yourself to eat more. Perhaps you could introduce a small snack between breakky and lunch and lunch and dinner (say a handfull of dried fruit/nuts) if you are fretting about getting your calories up to your identified range. This will also keep your metabolism ticking over.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri May 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Hi Chantel :)

I'd probably be looking at eating at least 1200cal a day! How much do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking? Because the more you weigh, the more calories you should eat because once you lose some weight you'll need to decrease your calories to stop yourself from getting into a plateau and to keep your body "guessing".

As for increasing the calories, maybe try adding a little more dairy into your diet, such as diet yoghurts, low fat cheese etc etc. These are protein so they are filling!

Hope these tips help :)
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Sat May 12, 2007 3:21 pm

Hello Em & B_D,

I currently weigh 105kgs Em, the "calorieking" program thinks I should be eating 1788 calories per day to LOSE weight! I don't think I could honestly put that much food in my body in one day that doesn't consist of hungry jacks or macdonalds!

I'm so confused, I have people left right and centre telling me to eat more, eat less, eat this, eat that! I ate 570 calories the other day and I was full, I couldn't eat anymore! I had breakfast lunch and dinner, albeit small serves but it was plenty for me. It isn't anything I haven't always eaten so I'm darn confused.

How amd I supposed to lose weight, when I'm eating more of exactly the same foods I have been eating.

Previously my diet has consisted of healthy foods, wholemeals, little to no fats with 1 maybe 2 takeaways per fortnight. Now I know I have to cut the take aways, but why should I be eating more?

I've been thinking maybe I should try one of the diets listed on the "eating/ diet forum" being the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital Diet"

Has anyone tried this diet? Should I give it a go? maybe it might give my motivation a kick along?

Thanks for your kind words,

Stressed-out :(
Chantelly-Lace

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 4:08 pm

I also used Calorie King but initially started on lite n easy 1200 program which gave me a really good understanding of how much food 1200 is.

From what I have read 1200 is the lowest amount of calories to go to and you shouldn't go below this or your body may not be getting all of the nutrition it needs.

You can really easily increase your calories with a handful of nuts and seeds as Tegan suggested. This will also increase your fat intake but it is good fats. Just remember a serving size is about 30-40grams. I think your dinners are spot on and you're right about all those veges seeming like a lot. You could also increase your carbs as you are not having much through the day and don't forget carbs are your energy food. So unless you know you are carb sensitive you could add some brown rice, wholemeal bread or pasta to your lunchtime salad. You seem to be getting plenty of protein.

It is possible that if you have been eating this sort of food and this amount all along and not losing weight that you body is already in starvation mode, meaning it is holding onto all of the stores you have.

If you want an idea of what 1200 is check out the lite n easy website and look at their menus. The majority of the food they have there you can make yourself or buy in the supermarket so it may give you some ideas.

It can be difficult and confusing with everyone giving advice but really there will be a lot of trial and error until you find what works for you. Best of luck.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat May 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Kim has pretty much covered it! If you eat less than 1200cal a day your body will go into 'starvation mode' which means that whatever food you DO eat it will store as fat and cling onto! I know it seems like a lot to eat, but as Kim & Tegan have said, nuts are a fantastic way to do it! And they are oh so yummy too!
zeedeveelgirl

Diet Soup

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 am

So I've decided I'm going to try the "diet soup" to give me a week start to my "healthier lifestyle".

Unfortunately budget restrictions are making it hard to afford the 5 meals a day of "healthy calorie controlled eating" this week (why do banks take 4 days to clear cheques?) so the diet soup has come at a great time!

I will start "diet soup" on Tuesday and continue that for a week, hopefully getting some results, then start on eating healthy at 1200calories per day. I have looked at the menus with calorie king and will start adding some more nuts etc as you ladies have suggested to bring up the calories without eating bad foods.

I will keep you all updated!

Chantel :)
Chantelly-Lace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:29 am

hi chantel best wishes for the soup diet. sometimes we need to try different things to see what works best for us :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Sun May 13, 2007 11:32 am

I'm going to have a little faith, cross my fingers and pray a little :D no harm in trying!
Chantelly-Lace

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun May 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Sounds like a plan, Chantel :) Good luck on the soup diet, I personally couldn't have soup for brekkie, as much as I love it!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Tue May 15, 2007 5:16 pm

Set Backs;

I don't get to start the soup diet today. I'm a bit dissapointed, but it's for the best.

We are going down to NSW on the weekend to visit Brendon's mother for her birthday, which of course means going out for dinner, eating quick and easy meals (I will steer clear of fatty foods) and eating on the run. It seems I'm destined for the soup diet next week, when I will be at home!

On a completely unrelated note; I'm not sure how good chemicals are for your body... remember that smoking ad where they tip the drain cleaner etc into the bowl, smoking and green and nice and gross... well there is a moral to this story.

Today I was cleaning a house (the house we just moved out of) for the real estate and I scrubbed the oven, cleaned down the benches blah blah blah... then when I finished, I used my hand under the tap to get a drink :oops: I can still feel my stomach bubbling, I feel like I've swallowed a packet of those fizzy rocks (lollies that bubble in your mouth) and my stomach feels disgusted.

I read the bottle of cleaner, it said drink lots of water, don't induce vomiting... so head straight under tap and lots of water went down the throat, now I just feel yuck!

I wonder if it will eat away the fat from the inside?

I can only hope if it's going to make me feel this shitty.

On the plus side, I've drunk about 4 times my daily minimum water intake!

Chantel :?
Chantelly-Lace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:12 pm

aw chantel thats no good about the water! i hope that you feel better soon and that you have a safe trip to NSW. make sensible decisions and you should be fine :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Thu May 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Hope you're feeling better.

Stay focused and good luck!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Thu May 24, 2007 7:00 pm

I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted. I feel terrible!

Today is my first day on the "Diet Soup" I have eaten a tonne of fruit and almost 1L of soup.

I must say I don't like the taste too much, it would be great with a french bread stick... but well, I know that's out of the question.

I have made an agreement with Brendon that if I'm down to 80kgs by Thursday the 21st of June then he will take me out to dinner somewhere fancy in the city :) Something I'm always bugging him to do!

So yesterday I weighed in at 99.1kgs, today at 102.3kgs but I'm mid-monthly-cycle, does that effect peoples weight much? I've never weighed myself and compared during this "time"...

I hope I get there, I would like this "mini" goal to look forward too. I know 20kgs in 4 weeks sounds like a lot, but I'm going to aim high, you never know I might pull it off! I really want that dinner in the city!

Chantel.
Chantelly-Lace

Next

Return to Personal Progress