It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Chantel's Progress Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:20 pm

hey chantel

LOL doesnt sound like you are too keen on the soup diet but i hope it pays off for you. theres nothing like stew and soups with fresh bread yum yum!

i think that 5kg a week is a lot! you should aim for 0.5-1kg a week. remember that if you lose the weight too quickly you will most probably put it back on. take it easy and if you are making great progress each week then brendan should take you out either way! one meal to celebrate is great and you can make sensible decisions whilst out :)

take care and post more often!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 am

I agree that 5kg per week is a lot to aim for.

It can be very confusing and stressful starting out - I know it was for me when I first started changing what I was eating, especially when my weight started going ballistic, losing 4kg on week then putting on 8 :shock: I too didn't know whether to eat less, eat more, give up, exercise more, yadda yadda.

Basically I just kept dong what I was doing and everything evened itself out. If you just do what seems sensible to you I'm sure you will find something that works for you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 am

5kg per week is a lot, I realise that. My current weight (since 22nd May 2007 starting weight of 106.3kgs) is 100.6kgs

I am exercising really hard and trying to eat things right. The soup diet didn't last unfortunatley. I had a really bad time on it and after 3 days Mr-Responsible told me I wasn't allowed any more soup. I was throwing up and had diahorrea (sorry, I know you probably didn't need to know that) from the first night. As far as I'm aware, I'm not allergic to anything in the soup, maybe my body just had so much junk in it, it resorted to those means to clean up? Who knows.

I seem to be losing weight and I've made a short term goal.

I'm going to run the 4.5km leg of the Bridge to Brisbane on Sunday the 5th of August. Brendon and I have our applications on the fridge ready for posting (before July 13th) as we're going to make sure something doesn't interfere (there is a wedding planned for around that date, but we haven't got the invite yet), but we are really keen to do it.

Anyone else got any aims like this?

Chantel.
Chantelly-Lace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:02 pm

hey chantel
the first few kilos you lose are fluid which is why you have lost so much in that short space of time. its not something that will continue to happen til you reach your goal. sorry you were ill on the soup diet! poor thing :( eat healthy and exercise and you will be fine.

i dont know if you realise but another member on this forum roar2life is looking for people to do the bridge thing with her and theres another member mickey who just mentioned she is doing it too. maybe you could all meet up and do it together?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chantelly-Lace » Mon May 28, 2007 1:05 pm

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the advice RE: the Bridge to Brisbane.

I realise that the first "spurt" of weight loss would have been fluid, honestly I don't think I've done anything other then sit in the bathroom for the last few days, although I did go to work and sit in that bathroom (the joys of being self employed, no "sick days" allowed!)

Well I'm really hoping to do the Bridge to Brisbane and I'm going to get my butt training at the gym to be ready for it, you never know, I might even be willing to give the 12km a go! :shock: wishful thinking!

Chantel.
Chantelly-Lace

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:15 pm

you can do it chantel. take your time with the bridge thingy. what a great sense of accomlishment you will feel once you do it :) how exciting :)

errr i hate it when you are stuck on the loo :( and you cant go anywhere because you need to be right near a loo
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Personal Progress