It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Aquarian's progress page

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Aquarian's progress page

Postby Aquarian » Sat May 12, 2007 8:27 am

Hey everyone
Thought it was time to start my progress page so I can see at a glance how things are going. Started early April 2007 and as at early May have lost 5kg's which I am pleased about. As some of you may have read, I started a big diet-exercise routine about this time last year - I thought it was hard work as I was going for the low-fat, moderate carbs and high protein approach which meant a lot of cooking of chicken and lean cuts of beef to have in the fridge constantly, as well as a low fat protein supplement- and weight resistance training every day-alternating upper and lower body for forty minutes and cardio most days for forty minutes- but my back problems put an end to it all for a long time. I managed to lose 8kgs in as many weeks, but being out of action for months and months allowed about 4kg's to creep back on.
This time around I am not caring how many grams of carbs or protein or fat- I am just sticking to 1500 calories a day- and walking on treadmill for 45 minutes. I am amazed at the result. I am having the same loss as last years routine- which was very time consuming and it really does just blend in with my life- I don't have to put hours away for cooking or exercise. Not to mention that I never cheated last year, but this time around I have had a few 'over the limit calorie days'. Never before have the words K.I.S.S been so true.
I just want to let anyone with a disability know that you can't use it as an excuse as I did, to not do this for yourself- exercise can be modified to suit your mobility- physio's are great for this- they can tailor something for you- always consult first, but it is not an excuse. I am on a 3 day lay off as the moment due to pain, but I have read some articles which highly recommend that you do lay off exercise for a few days here and there, and to also go over your calories limit here and there ( twice a week was recommended for the calorie hike) and this is done to trick your body into not knowing it is on a diet so it will give up the fat. It was interesting reading- and instead of being disappointed that I am out of action, I am of the mindset that I am actually speeding my progress. Some may say it is a lot of hoo-har but I firmly believe that thoughts create your reality, and my reality is I have lost 5 kg's in 4 weeks with not a huge effort , a few cheatin' days, and exercise lay off days- so I can't argue with that.
A closed mouth gathers no feet

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:33 am

hey there aquarian you should be proud of your loss thus far. its great to see you are showing initiative to find exercises you can do when you are injured/disabled.

its great that you are having some treat days too. we are human after all and throughout life there are going to be times where we wont be counting calories and enjoying it! it sound slike you understand to get back to it the day after. best wishes and thanks for sharing your progress with us :)

Return to Personal Progress